Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
new match attax extra cards in motd mag mata & hazard hth
Topic Started: Mar 10 2014, 01:16 PM (4,431 Views)
hattersfan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MatchAttaxMaster101
Mar 12 2014, 08:03 PM
EU_collector
Mar 12 2014, 01:21 PM
Phild
Mar 12 2014, 10:26 AM
EU_collector
Mar 12 2014, 07:45 AM
Quite some people moaning about Topps in this topic. I don't really understand why. If you are not happy with how they operate, then don't buy their stuff. No one is forcing you to collect every single card, as no one is forcing families on limited budgets with more than 1 child. And have you ever thought about collectors from other countries, where Topps happily distributes their UK version of Match Attax, for whom it is almost impossible to lay hands on all these cards that only come out in the UK?

As far as I know, the MOTD magazine is not owned by Topps. The same goes for other media through which Topps cards were distributed this year. So is Topps gonna earn a lot of money from this? I doubt it very much. This is just their way of promoting their sets.

I like how they make special cards available through various channels, it makes collecting fun and doesn't limit people to just buying and opening packets.
Totally agree with harrodjon about you missing the point.

If you are a collector of cards then despite your unhappiness with the quality you will buy the items regardless especially as a one club collector and they appeal to children who are not as bothered I would guess with the quality as long as they have them. Doesn't mean you are not allowed an opinion on them which this forum is a vehicle for giving that opinion.

Topps have dropped massively in terms of quality in recent times especially with the rushed out and absolutely shocking Match Attax Extra this year. Also, whilst no-one forces families on limited budgets to buy them how is it right that kids who collect cards are then having to miss out on items due to the way they are distributed whether by Topps or Match of the Day magazine (who incidentally will have discussed with Topps how that distribution will happen so Topps will be aware). A fairer or more realistic way would have been to issue with the weekly Match of the Day magazine over a period of weeks instead of a special issue.

I also fail to understand your point about collectors from other countries. The Premier League is a UK collection for UK teams and is more available elsewhere than cards from other countries are and they do release all the cards that are with the collection released in that country (ie Russia has one Limited Edition with that collection, the Asian version has two so all cards in that collection are available in those countries). The cards they release here are for the UK version so why would they release those cards elsewhere ? the versions released in Asia, Russia etc are not released here in UK so other countries get access to items UK collectors don't, swings and roundabouts.
Thanks for the clarification, I now understand better why people are upset with this promotion. Still, whatever reason Topps had to release the Extra set too early, I think this is not a bad way to release cards that didn't make the normal Extra set. This promotion might not be as cheap for collectors as the similar promotion a few months ago with a newspaper (The Sun??), but I understand that Topps is not a charity organization and I can imagine that they will look for a partner that suits their interests best.

It's everyone's right to complain, but when everyone still buys the stuff they are unhappy about, the complaints become a bit laughable. It would be the same as you complain about the government and during the next elections, you still vote for them.
Let's be honest, GBP 9 is still way too cheap for you guys to really have a problem with this promotion. And kids will miss out on things all the time, just as you and me are. I would like to have a Cristiano Ronaldo autographed card from Topps Premier Gold, but I cannot afford it. That's life.

And about collectors from other countries: I am talking about other countries than the UK where the UK version of Match Attax is released. The people there don't have the opportunity to buy the MOTD magazine at the newsagent's. For these people it is even harder and much more expensive to complete their collection. They are the people who should complain!
You really don't understand when it come to your note of the fact that nine pounds isn't much it is, trust me.

I'm twelve and as an Avid collector of all cards and merch I have to spend all my money on cards... considering the fact I get four pounds a week pocket money... and I've recently had to invest on full box(es!!) its a struggle. Add that to numerous more magazines and a mutlipack its a real tight squeeze.

What I ask is why the hell didn't they put them in the set in the first place?
Sorry, but I couldn't resist joining in this debate.

Firstly, you say you HAVE to spend all your money on cards...There's no government decree...Who's forcing you?

Also, being only 12 and having 4 a week pocket money I think it is unrealistic that you expect to be able to collect the whole set anyway.
Edited by hattersfan, Mar 18 2014, 05:36 PM.
My feedback page

Awards:

Match Attax London Champion 2012
Match Attax Manchester Npower Championship tournament winner 2013
Match Attax London Over 14's 'tournament' winner 2014

Luton Till I Die!

Trusted Traders

l1sboa, spurs. attax and many more.

Bad Traders

arsenal9126
MIKADOO123 (sent me two things about 2 years ago, did not get either of them.)

"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."Brian Clough.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hattersfan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
MatchAttaxCam
Mar 18 2014, 07:09 PM
hattersfan
Mar 18 2014, 12:36 PM
MatchAttaxMaster101
Mar 12 2014, 08:03 PM
EU_collector
Mar 12 2014, 01:21 PM
Phild
Mar 12 2014, 10:26 AM
EU_collector
Mar 12 2014, 07:45 AM
Quite some people moaning about Topps in this topic. I don't really understand why. If you are not happy with how they operate, then don't buy their stuff. No one is forcing you to collect every single card, as no one is forcing families on limited budgets with more than 1 child. And have you ever thought about collectors from other countries, where Topps happily distributes their UK version of Match Attax, for whom it is almost impossible to lay hands on all these cards that only come out in the UK?

As far as I know, the MOTD magazine is not owned by Topps. The same goes for other media through which Topps cards were distributed this year. So is Topps gonna earn a lot of money from this? I doubt it very much. This is just their way of promoting their sets.

I like how they make special cards available through various channels, it makes collecting fun and doesn't limit people to just buying and opening packets.
Totally agree with harrodjon about you missing the point.

If you are a collector of cards then despite your unhappiness with the quality you will buy the items regardless especially as a one club collector and they appeal to children who are not as bothered I would guess with the quality as long as they have them. Doesn't mean you are not allowed an opinion on them which this forum is a vehicle for giving that opinion.

Topps have dropped massively in terms of quality in recent times especially with the rushed out and absolutely shocking Match Attax Extra this year. Also, whilst no-one forces families on limited budgets to buy them how is it right that kids who collect cards are then having to miss out on items due to the way they are distributed whether by Topps or Match of the Day magazine (who incidentally will have discussed with Topps how that distribution will happen so Topps will be aware). A fairer or more realistic way would have been to issue with the weekly Match of the Day magazine over a period of weeks instead of a special issue.

I also fail to understand your point about collectors from other countries. The Premier League is a UK collection for UK teams and is more available elsewhere than cards from other countries are and they do release all the cards that are with the collection released in that country (ie Russia has one Limited Edition with that collection, the Asian version has two so all cards in that collection are available in those countries). The cards they release here are for the UK version so why would they release those cards elsewhere ? the versions released in Asia, Russia etc are not released here in UK so other countries get access to items UK collectors don't, swings and roundabouts.
Thanks for the clarification, I now understand better why people are upset with this promotion. Still, whatever reason Topps had to release the Extra set too early, I think this is not a bad way to release cards that didn't make the normal Extra set. This promotion might not be as cheap for collectors as the similar promotion a few months ago with a newspaper (The Sun??), but I understand that Topps is not a charity organization and I can imagine that they will look for a partner that suits their interests best.

It's everyone's right to complain, but when everyone still buys the stuff they are unhappy about, the complaints become a bit laughable. It would be the same as you complain about the government and during the next elections, you still vote for them.
Let's be honest, GBP 9 is still way too cheap for you guys to really have a problem with this promotion. And kids will miss out on things all the time, just as you and me are. I would like to have a Cristiano Ronaldo autographed card from Topps Premier Gold, but I cannot afford it. That's life.

And about collectors from other countries: I am talking about other countries than the UK where the UK version of Match Attax is released. The people there don't have the opportunity to buy the MOTD magazine at the newsagent's. For these people it is even harder and much more expensive to complete their collection. They are the people who should complain!
You really don't understand when it come to your note of the fact that nine pounds isn't much it is, trust me.

I'm twelve and as an Avid collector of all cards and merch I have to spend all my money on cards... considering the fact I get four pounds a week pocket money... and I've recently had to invest on full box(es!!) its a struggle. Add that to numerous more magazines and a mutlipack its a real tight squeeze.

What I ask is why the hell didn't they put them in the set in the first place?
Sorry, but I couldn't resist joining in this debate.

Firstly, you say you HAVE to spend all your money on cards...There's no government decree...Who's forcing you?

Also, being only 12 and having 4 a week pocket money I think it is unrealistic that you expect to be able to collect the whole set anyway.
4 a week, 200 or so a year, which is more than enough, it is realistic to be able to collect the whole set, also who do you think Topps are marketing to? Who wants to collect and not have a full set?
Match Attax is mainly marketed at roughly 8-13 year olds if I'm not mistaken?

I would be willing to bet you that 80% of people who collect Match Attax won't complete the set and won't really be that bothered that they can't complete the set.
My feedback page

Awards:

Luton Till I Die!

Trusted Traders

Bad Traders

arsenal9126

"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."Brian Clough.

hattersfan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
harrodjon
Mar 18 2014, 08:36 PM
They might not complete the set, but I bet they will try hard to. They will also pester their parents to do everything they can to help them complete it.
No, I think you're wrong, I think that the vast majority of 'collectors' that fall into the target market won't be at all bothered about completing the set. They'll care much more about how many shinies they have and if they've got better cards than their friends. I know it may come as a shock to us 'hardcore' collectors on here, but most collectors of that age really don't give a t*ss!
My feedback page

Awards:

Luton Till I Die!

Trusted Traders

Bad Traders

arsenal9126

hattersfan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
pholla65
Mar 23 2014, 06:34 PM
alanaman
Mar 23 2014, 05:15 PM
There is another type of collector, the adult serious serious collector who goes for a COMPLETE binder including errors, all limiteds, master and regional cards. These are obviously not on the checklist. It is this level of completeness which I am saying cannot be done for under 200. For me only then is the binder complete. Good luck with completing your binder whichever level you strive for.
Well that will be me:-)

And this year Alan I disagree, it depends how you buy them!!

40 MOTD magazines with Trophies and Errors, 40 Magazines with Giggs LE, 24 Tins, 20 Multi packs, 20 Print Me for the Hazard and a subscription to the Magazine. Kids that won me a Masters Card and next week after issue 24 and in 2 weeks at the swap and play I will have all the cards. Oh and 3 boxes.

I admit you need the initial outlay but I have kept a track and I am actually in profit for the set with the sales of all the swaps and I don't keep the 100 clubs as you get them at the swap and play tour.

That was the challenge I set myself this year.

However, I didn't bank on the 4 legends and the signed Wilshere so you could be right.
Four legends?
My feedback page

Awards:

Luton Till I Die!

Trusted Traders

Bad Traders

arsenal9126

hattersfan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
pholla65
Mar 23 2014, 08:22 PM
hattersfan
Mar 23 2014, 08:09 PM
pholla65
Mar 23 2014, 06:34 PM
alanaman
Mar 23 2014, 05:15 PM
There is another type of collector, the adult serious serious collector who goes for a COMPLETE binder including errors, all limiteds, master and regional cards. These are obviously not on the checklist. It is this level of completeness which I am saying cannot be done for under 200. For me only then is the binder complete. Good luck with completing your binder whichever level you strive for.
Well that will be me:-)

And this year Alan I disagree, it depends how you buy them!!

40 MOTD magazines with Trophies and Errors, 40 Magazines with Giggs LE, 24 Tins, 20 Multi packs, 20 Print Me for the Hazard and a subscription to the Magazine. Kids that won me a Masters Card and next week after issue 24 and in 2 weeks at the swap and play I will have all the cards. Oh and 3 boxes.

I admit you need the initial outlay but I have kept a track and I am actually in profit for the set with the sales of all the swaps and I don't keep the 100 clubs as you get them at the swap and play tour.

That was the challenge I set myself this year.

However, I didn't bank on the 4 legends and the signed Wilshere so you could be right.
Four legends?
@Hattersfan. Here you go

http://www.toppsfootball.co.uk/news/Topps-News/signedlegendcards
Thanks, didn't know anything about those till today!
My feedback page

Awards:

Luton Till I Die!

Trusted Traders

Bad Traders

arsenal9126

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 13/14 · Next Topic »
Add Reply