Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
new match attax extra cards in motd mag mata & hazard hth
Topic Started: Mar 10 2014, 01:16 PM (4,271 Views)
MatchAttaxCam
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lacina Traore in Everton's kit from last season!! Not a photoshop at all...
Wish list----------------------Feedback

Trusted Traders: matchattaxcrazy, Tankerton1, Turtle21, Booto67, sufcmilla, gt6943, Macky17g, turboboy94, MA!CCFC98, monkey76

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MatchAttaxCam
Member Avatar
Masters Card
hattersfan
Mar 18 2014, 12:36 PM
MatchAttaxMaster101
Mar 12 2014, 08:03 PM
EU_collector
Mar 12 2014, 01:21 PM
Phild
Mar 12 2014, 10:26 AM
EU_collector
Mar 12 2014, 07:45 AM
Quite some people moaning about Topps in this topic. I don't really understand why. If you are not happy with how they operate, then don't buy their stuff. No one is forcing you to collect every single card, as no one is forcing families on limited budgets with more than 1 child. And have you ever thought about collectors from other countries, where Topps happily distributes their UK version of Match Attax, for whom it is almost impossible to lay hands on all these cards that only come out in the UK?

As far as I know, the MOTD magazine is not owned by Topps. The same goes for other media through which Topps cards were distributed this year. So is Topps gonna earn a lot of money from this? I doubt it very much. This is just their way of promoting their sets.

I like how they make special cards available through various channels, it makes collecting fun and doesn't limit people to just buying and opening packets.
Totally agree with harrodjon about you missing the point.

If you are a collector of cards then despite your unhappiness with the quality you will buy the items regardless especially as a one club collector and they appeal to children who are not as bothered I would guess with the quality as long as they have them. Doesn't mean you are not allowed an opinion on them which this forum is a vehicle for giving that opinion.

Topps have dropped massively in terms of quality in recent times especially with the rushed out and absolutely shocking Match Attax Extra this year. Also, whilst no-one forces families on limited budgets to buy them how is it right that kids who collect cards are then having to miss out on items due to the way they are distributed whether by Topps or Match of the Day magazine (who incidentally will have discussed with Topps how that distribution will happen so Topps will be aware). A fairer or more realistic way would have been to issue with the weekly Match of the Day magazine over a period of weeks instead of a special issue.

I also fail to understand your point about collectors from other countries. The Premier League is a UK collection for UK teams and is more available elsewhere than cards from other countries are and they do release all the cards that are with the collection released in that country (ie Russia has one Limited Edition with that collection, the Asian version has two so all cards in that collection are available in those countries). The cards they release here are for the UK version so why would they release those cards elsewhere ? the versions released in Asia, Russia etc are not released here in UK so other countries get access to items UK collectors don't, swings and roundabouts.
Thanks for the clarification, I now understand better why people are upset with this promotion. Still, whatever reason Topps had to release the Extra set too early, I think this is not a bad way to release cards that didn't make the normal Extra set. This promotion might not be as cheap for collectors as the similar promotion a few months ago with a newspaper (The Sun??), but I understand that Topps is not a charity organization and I can imagine that they will look for a partner that suits their interests best.

It's everyone's right to complain, but when everyone still buys the stuff they are unhappy about, the complaints become a bit laughable. It would be the same as you complain about the government and during the next elections, you still vote for them.
Let's be honest, GBP 9 is still way too cheap for you guys to really have a problem with this promotion. And kids will miss out on things all the time, just as you and me are. I would like to have a Cristiano Ronaldo autographed card from Topps Premier Gold, but I cannot afford it. That's life.

And about collectors from other countries: I am talking about other countries than the UK where the UK version of Match Attax is released. The people there don't have the opportunity to buy the MOTD magazine at the newsagent's. For these people it is even harder and much more expensive to complete their collection. They are the people who should complain!
You really don't understand when it come to your note of the fact that nine pounds isn't much it is, trust me.

I'm twelve and as an Avid collector of all cards and merch I have to spend all my money on cards... considering the fact I get four pounds a week pocket money... and I've recently had to invest on full box(es!!) its a struggle. Add that to numerous more magazines and a mutlipack its a real tight squeeze.

What I ask is why the hell didn't they put them in the set in the first place?
Sorry, but I couldn't resist joining in this debate.

Firstly, you say you HAVE to spend all your money on cards...There's no government decree...Who's forcing you?

Also, being only 12 and having 4 a week pocket money I think it is unrealistic that you expect to be able to collect the whole set anyway.
4 a week, 200 or so a year, which is more than enough, it is realistic to be able to collect the whole set, also who do you think Topps are marketing to? Who wants to collect and not have a full set?

Trusted Traders: matchattaxcrazy, Tankerton1, Turtle21, Booto67, sufcmilla, gt6943, Macky17g, turboboy94, MA!CCFC98, monkey76

MatchAttaxCam
Member Avatar
Masters Card
alanaman
Mar 19 2014, 06:56 PM
harrodjon
Mar 18 2014, 11:14 PM
My comment was based on 2 things that I have experience of in my life.
The first was while working The Entertainer toy shop. We would run regular swap shops that were hugely popular. I would say that more than half of the kids we sold Match Attax to, came in to swap cards. They did this to try and complete their collection. When we helped a child get the last card they needed, you could see their excitement. You could also see the other kids happy for him/her and eager to look at their completed collections.
My second experience is as a retailer of cards. I currently make a living out of selling trading cards. The bulk of my sales come from single cards. They aren't all foil/special cards. I sell a large amount of base cards. Why? Because people want to finish their (or more likely their child's) collection.
In regards to alanaman, this topic is about Match Attax Extra . A box of this years collection will give you a complete set. Well, all the cards you can get from opening packets (apart from possibly a signed Wilshere)
Fair point if you are just talking about the extras but the 200 was based on a full years pocket money which would have to buy the main book and the extras, now thats impossible.
Well as previously stated, an Extra box provides a full set, which you can pick up for 30 on eBay. Pretty sure the limited's aren't too much more. I'm sure both sets could easily be completed for 200 or less, with all LE's, you just have to find the right deals..

MatchAttaxCam
Member Avatar
Masters Card
alanaman
Mar 20 2014, 01:48 AM
MatchAttaxCam
Mar 19 2014, 09:56 PM
alanaman
Mar 19 2014, 06:56 PM
harrodjon
Mar 18 2014, 11:14 PM
My comment was based on 2 things that I have experience of in my life.
The first was while working The Entertainer toy shop. We would run regular swap shops that were hugely popular. I would say that more than half of the kids we sold Match Attax to, came in to swap cards. They did this to try and complete their collection. When we helped a child get the last card they needed, you could see their excitement. You could also see the other kids happy for him/her and eager to look at their completed collections.
My second experience is as a retailer of cards. I currently make a living out of selling trading cards. The bulk of my sales come from single cards. They aren't all foil/special cards. I sell a large amount of base cards. Why? Because people want to finish their (or more likely their child's) collection.
In regards to alanaman, this topic is about Match Attax Extra . A box of this years collection will give you a complete set. Well, all the cards you can get from opening packets (apart from possibly a signed Wilshere)
Fair point if you are just talking about the extras but the 200 was based on a full years pocket money which would have to buy the main book and the extras, now thats impossible.
Well as previously stated, an Extra box provides a full set, which you can pick up for 30 on eBay. Pretty sure the limited's aren't too much more. I'm sure both sets could easily be completed for 200 or less, with all LE's, you just have to find the right deals..
Im not trying to be arguementitive but I really dont believe you could do one book for 200 by buying packets and single shineys never mind two.

50 - for a full box (if you wait a while) which would give approx full base x 2 , full mirror foil (if your lucky) and approx 20 motm with maybe a couple of motm trades. 2 hundred club.
40 - minimum buying the remaining motm and hundred club cards singley
120 - mimimum for 15 limiteds 3x aguero 80 minimum, 3x giggs mags 9 if you hit all three different, 15 for 2 binders and a print me to get the wilshires, possibly 10 if you bought one binder and the rest on ebay. 10 for the 3 gerrards minimum from ebay to save buying multiple tins, 4 sun newspapers 2.
Total approx 212 to collect this and I havent included error cards, master card or the regional heats and finalist cards.

Then there is the extras.............

In saying that you could probably buy both books complete for under 200 but not collect it and there is various difinitions of complete. Some kids will be happy completing the checklist but I call complete having the lot including master and regionals. It is the aguero and toure limiteds and the fact that there is so many limiteds this year which I think would make it impossible to collect it for this money unless you wait till the very end of the season for the swap tour or buy the remaining cards from topps but even then it only knocks about 20 off it. Allow another 20 for selling doubles and you will still struggle to do both books with limiteds.
The thing is I managed to pick up 2x full boxes for 20 each, and have one complete book, and one base with around 30 MOTM's, which is with the subscription to the magazine.

However, I got quite a few hundred clubs I already didn't have, so managed to get rid of 2 RVP le's for 15 each and some others for decent.

To get the 24 issues, (to qualify for all 3LE's) is 48, if you cancel it as soon as you get the 24th.

If you're talking about properly completing like Regionals, then surely you mean the Gold ones as well, only one of them made so unless you are the winner pretty much impossible to have a complete set then.

Plus at S&P tour you can get10MOTMs+10 star shines, 40 base for 3.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 13/14 · Next Topic »
Add Reply