Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Match Attax Mag; England Limited Edition
Topic Started: Apr 5 2014, 10:02 AM (2,995 Views)
bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So we were told there would be a bronze LE free with the mag this week, which we think is Rooney.

My magazine has arrived today and the LE is now free next week instead. Inside where the tokens are included are the blackout versions of the silver and gold cards. You need 10 tokens for silver and a further 10 for gold.

The cards are obviously Rooney. The silver is going to be available through Print Me and the Gold is free with the starters. So why would people pay £40 in mags to get the tokens to get 2 cards you can buy for £4 each?

I would love Topps to come out and explain this one...
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Arsenal Fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
bibster
Apr 5 2014, 10:02 AM
So we were told there would be a bronze LE free with the mag this week, which we think is Rooney.

My magazine has arrived today and the LE is now free next week instead. Inside where the tokens are included are the blackout versions of the silver and gold cards. You need 10 tokens for silver and a further 10 for gold.

The cards are obviously Rooney. The silver is going to be available through Print Me and the Gold is free with the starters. So why would people pay £40 in mags to get the tokens to get 2 cards you can buy for £4 each?

I would love Topps to come out and explain this one...
If this is the case, this is shocking by Topps and I believe they should refund everyone. The majority have only subscribed for the Limited Editions, and if they are available elsewhere, they have wasted their money and been cheated by Topps. By the sounds of it, Topps are getting worse and worse. :S
My Trade List
My Wishlist
My Feedback
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

chris.jlee
Member Avatar
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Are we sure Rooney Silver LE is with Print me ? That would mean the Toure LE from MAE hasn't been up for long, or will you get a choice between the two ?
Trusted Traders: Stevesmith, l1sboa, Mariocamb13, Lambokeenie, MasterofMatchAttax, spursdave, Jayce101, gt6943 x 4, monkey76, CharlesHK, JRDuck, Amigo x 8, Alanaman, Garners-great-deals 2012 x 2, NFFC_9, Bibster.
chris.jlee's feedback:
CTID.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
chris.jlee
Apr 5 2014, 07:55 PM
Are we sure Rooney Silver LE is with Print me ? That would mean the Toure LE from MAE hasn't been up for long, or will you get a choice between the two ?
It is advertised on the back of the England 2014 sticker album Chris as being Rooney. The Print Me cards will have the yellow border like the MA England 2014 cards do, so presuming the Toure offer will still run for the Premier League version of the Print Me cards.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

alanaman
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think that they have just used the rooney pic for the magazine. I would say it will be someone completely different if rooney is available elsewhere, they need an incentive to keep people subscribing.

AFC_Harry34
Star Player
[ *  *  * ]
What about Van Persie, is he in the match of the day mag coming up?

Matt
Member Avatar
Arsenal Fan
AFC_Harry34
Apr 12 2014, 08:56 AM
What about Van Persie, is he in the match of the day mag coming up?
I believe Van Persie is being given out in Match of the Day Magazine on the 26th April, so I don't think it'd be him. It does seem as though it will be Rooney, which if it is, really isn't acceptable from Topps.
My Trade List
My Wishlist
My Feedback

chris.jlee
Member Avatar
100 Club
bibster
Apr 5 2014, 08:49 PM
chris.jlee
Apr 5 2014, 07:55 PM
It is advertised on the back of the England 2014 sticker album Chris as being Rooney. The Print Me cards will have the yellow border like the MA England 2014 cards do, so presuming the Toure offer will still run for the Premier League version of the Print Me cards.
Thanks Catherine, didn't spot this post earlier, after having my initial order cancelled I managed to get the Toure off ebay for less than the Print me cost so all good.
Trusted Traders: Stevesmith, l1sboa, Mariocamb13, Lambokeenie, MasterofMatchAttax, spursdave, Jayce101, gt6943 x 4, monkey76, CharlesHK, JRDuck, Amigo x 8, Alanaman, Garners-great-deals 2012 x 2, NFFC_9, Bibster.
chris.jlee's feedback:
CTID.

clem132
100 Club
didn't even receive my copy this week

alanaman
Limited Edition
Got mine, two packs of world cup cards and I got a RVP motm. Between the tour and the magazine I have a huge stack of these cards now including motm and 100c and I havent bought a single packet. This is going to end up like the last world cup match attax set where the market is flooded with cheap rubbish!

richt11
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hi all, I have several issues with the wording on and in the magazine (not just the copy that arrived this morning).
I was wondering if anyone has similar thoughts and had or was going to bring it to the attention of topps. The only reason that I subscribed was due to the limited editions and cards, and now I have to agree with many other posters that I feel ripped off with the Match Attax England situation.
1) On the front cover of the magazine it states = 2 Packs and then "More free cards than ever before!" This is factually incorrect. As they are giving away 2 packs only containing 5 cards in each, surely topps can not actually make this statement.
2) On the token page which now shows images of Rooney Bronze, Silver and Gold, it contains the wording "How to collect your EXCLUSIVE limited edition cards with this magazine" Therefore again this is factually incorrect in my opinion. If as we are led to believe the silver is available with print me, and the gold as we know is in starter packs, then again Topps are being misleading with their statements.
If anyone can give me any feedback and thoughts on this - I will be wording a message to topps over the next day or so.
Many thanks and hopefully we can prompt topps into actually rewarding subscribers with 'exclusive' items again.
Rich T

chriskeens
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
richt11
Apr 19 2014, 10:53 AM
Hi all, I have several issues with the wording on and in the magazine (not just the copy that arrived this morning).
I was wondering if anyone has similar thoughts and had or was going to bring it to the attention of topps. The only reason that I subscribed was due to the limited editions and cards, and now I have to agree with many other posters that I feel ripped off with the Match Attax England situation.
1) On the front cover of the magazine it states = 2 Packs and then "More free cards than ever before!" This is factually incorrect. As they are giving away 2 packs only containing 5 cards in each, surely topps can not actually make this statement.
2) On the token page which now shows images of Rooney Bronze, Silver and Gold, it contains the wording "How to collect your EXCLUSIVE limited edition cards with this magazine" Therefore again this is factually incorrect in my opinion. If as we are led to believe the silver is available with print me, and the gold as we know is in starter packs, then again Topps are being misleading with their statements.
If anyone can give me any feedback and thoughts on this - I will be wording a message to topps over the next day or so.
Many thanks and hopefully we can prompt topps into actually rewarding subscribers with 'exclusive' items again.
Rich T
I contacted Topps about this last week as I was also feeling mislead, especially with the "more free cards than ever' statement. Even with my simple maths skills I can tell that the 15 cards (1 normal pack of 10 + the extra pack of 5) is less than the 2 packs of 5 cards currently being included.

I still haven't had a response from them yet so I might have to chase it up.
My Premier Gold 2014 Everton Collection
(Wanted for this collection: Howard Auto 'Base' '/99' and any Everton '1/1')

My Premier Gold 2014 (auto) Collection

My Premier Club 2015 Everton Collection

Wishlist: here // Selling: here // Tradelist: here // Trading feedback: here (eBay Feedback here)

Skipper
Star Player
[ *  *  * ]
I had my say on the current free card situation with the Match Attax mag last week - I'm less than happy with it and would rather they were still sending MA Extra packs out. Even if it was a single 10 card MA England pack they sent that would significantly up the odds of finding a MOTM or 100 Club card inside each week. The 5 card packs are nearly always full of pretty dull base cards in my finding.

I assume everyone else got a free England 2014 sticker album with this weeks mag - a couple of weeks too late for me as I'd already send off for the starter pack of stickers when Topps Direct emailed that £1-and-free-postage code last month.

richt11
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
So again Topps are not actually giving subscribers anything exclusive with the album. I would imagine many people would have already purchased the album (if they intended to). Actually thinking about the 'more cards than ever before' statement, that implies that they should be giving away more every week!! I think that Topps haven't really thought this out. I would be interested to hear the response Topps give to everyone who complain about this.

alanaman
Limited Edition
Rooney is with the print me. Its on the back of the sticker album. Does anyone have topps email address and I will complain too.

EthanB reds
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I actually got a MOTM in both my 5 player packs for the second week running. Am cancelling my subscription anyway
My Wishlist
My Tradelist
My Trading Feedback

My Ebay Page

Completed Collections: Champions League 09 10, Match Attax 12 13, Match Attax 13 14, Match Attax 13 14 Extra, Champions League Stickers 13 14, Match Attax 14 15

Player collections: Steven Gerrard and Jordan Henderson

hattersfan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
chriskeens
Apr 19 2014, 12:41 PM
Even with my simple maths skills I can tell that the 15 cards (1 normal pack of 10 + the extra pack of 5) is less than the 2 packs of 5 cards (10) currently being included.

I think you were right about your simple maths skills! How is 15 less than 10??
My feedback page

Awards:

Match Attax London Champion 2012
Match Attax Manchester Npower Championship tournament winner 2013
Match Attax London Over 14's 'tournament' winner 2014

Luton Till I Die!

Trusted Traders

l1sboa, spurs. attax and many more.

Bad Traders

arsenal9126
MIKADOO123 (sent me two things about 2 years ago, did not get either of them.)

"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."Brian Clough.

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
@alanaman, Alan here is topps email address: info@toppsfootball.co.uk
I am also going to complain with the hope that if enough of us do so, they may actually change things!
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

xavi101
Member Avatar
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i am also going to complain as i never received my toure bronze limited edition
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6904882/my Wishlist
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6916863/ my Tradelist
My player collections are: Lionel Messi Robin Van Persie Joe Hart Xavi Hernandez Francesc Fabregas Mario Gotze
Pm me if you have any of those players or anything on my wishlist
Trusted Traders:Holden8Klasnic17x5,bibster,dom9LFC,monkey76,jayce101x2,Lucasyatx3, davidt92,harry1878,hattersfan,mrmatchattax,aussiegergy,siege27,matchattaxfanatic,ho123wang(protected badly),Slimshady(srb)x2,turboboy94

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
They'll be getting an email from me as well about it. Its disgusting and i'm wondering if they are falling foul of any Trades Description laws with their false advertising about the exclusive Limited Edition cards which is the only reason most people subscribed to it.

chriskeens
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
hattersfan
Apr 19 2014, 05:25 PM
chriskeens
Apr 19 2014, 12:41 PM
Even with my simple maths skills I can tell that the 15 cards (1 normal pack of 10 + the extra pack of 5) is less than the 2 packs of 5 cards (10) currently being included.

I think you were right about your simple maths skills! How is 15 less than 10??
Lol, thats the anger in me making me make mistakes!

Wishlist: here // Selling: here // Tradelist: here // Trading feedback: here (eBay Feedback here)

alanaman
Limited Edition
Tankerton1
Apr 19 2014, 05:34 PM
@alanaman, Alan here is topps email address: info@toppsfootball.co.uk
I am also going to complain with the hope that if enough of us do so, they may actually change things!
Thanks Toby.

richt11
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Message sent to Topps this morning, we will await with interest a response.
If anyone else sends them a message please advise..
Equally if people start to get replies from Topps with answers please also let us know, so that we can all see what is happening as things are certainly not good at present.

xavi101
Member Avatar
Signature Card
I also sent a message to Topps last night
My player collections are: Lionel Messi Robin Van Persie Joe Hart Xavi Hernandez Francesc Fabregas Mario Gotze
Trusted Traders:Holden8Klasnic17x5,bibster,dom9LFC,monkey76,jayce101x2,Lucasyatx3, davidt92,harry1878,hattersfan,mrmatchattax,aussiegergy,siege27,matchattaxfanatic,ho123wang(protected badly),Slimshady(srb)x2,turboboy94

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Has anyone had the decency of a reply from Topps ? I haven't, I sent two emails and have not even had an acknowledgement of my email. Poor customer service which we have come to expect from them. Would be nice if Topps either responded to emails or came onto this thread and responded on here

alanaman
Limited Edition
Another false claim, they are claiming to give away more cards than anyone else. This is rubbish as this weeks motd has the same amount of cards as the MA mag. They can't say its the limiteds either as it says after it plus limited coupons.

xavi101
Member Avatar
Signature Card
Yes I did they have sent me a replacement toure bronze le

richt11
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have not received any reply as yet. Really not good enough. This weeks magazine contains all of the same 'questionable' comments about number of cards, and exclusivity of limiteds etc...
Does anyone have the email address for someone high up within Topps? Not sure the email address we have is reaching the necessary person/people.....
Edited by richt11, Apr 25 2014, 05:15 PM.

pholla65
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I only need 5 cards to complete the set so didn't hold much hope of getting any in the 2 packs but to my surprise out popped Ronaldo 101 so no complaints here!! 4 to go:-)

Renko
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
richt11
Apr 25 2014, 04:29 PM
This weeks magazine contains all of the same 'questionable' comments about number of cards, and exclusivity of limiteds etc...
I just logged on to ask "are these magazine exclusive limiteds are different from the Rooney limiteds in circulation?" (unlikely Topps are doing 6 Rooney limiteds I know, but they didn't look outside last seasons Premier League top 4 for their poorly conceived gold, silver, bronze Match Attax limited editions this season and I wouldn't be surprised to get a platinum, polonium or uranium Steven Gerrard with next season's collection).

So they are not at all exclusive?!
Bring back Championship Match Attax!

Then for 2016-17 season League One Match Attax :-/

richt11
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Having not received a response as yet (almost one week) I have resent my email along with further comments in relation to this weeks magazine, and the point about the same number of free cards within the Match of the Day magazine (further false and misleading statements) . All in all its becoming a very poor piece of work from topps.

chriskeens
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have also resent my email this evening. I have now also cc'd it to what I believe to be the emails of Chris Rodman (Vice President & Group Managing Director) and Simon Benton (Sales & Marketing Director)

Hopefully this will kick start some kind of response!

richt11
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
please let me know if those email addresses work and you get a response.... It might be worth a few people sending mails to them....

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Finally had an acknowledgement to my emails, nothing spectacular and possibly just a case of fobbing off -

Thank you for your email.

I have passed your comments over to our marketing team for further consideration and will forward an update asap.
Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
@Phild i had exactly the same response!! :
Thank you for your email.

I have passed your comments over to our marketing department and will forward an update asap.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Looks like they have been waiting to see how many more emails they got before deciding to reply, lets hope they actually do do something about this seeming as it has taken them so long to reply!
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

chriskeens
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've also finally had a response. Mine was slightly different though...

"Thank you for your e-mail which has been passed for my attention and I apologise for the fact that you have not had a response sooner. I am currently looking into the queries that you have raised and will give you a complete response to your queries within the next 24 hours"

It has also come from Sue Gallagher, the customer services manager.
Edited by chriskeens, Apr 30 2014, 10:04 AM.

chriskeens
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've had this response this morning...

"Thank you for bringing to our attention that there is an editorial oversight on this edition and the “more free cards” banner should have been removed. This phrase was used where we were giving away 15 free cards and should have been removed from this issue. This has now been rectified and as you so rightly stated we did give away the same number of cards this week as MOTD magazine however over the course of the year we will be giving away nearly twice as many cards with the Match Attax Weekly Collector Guide than with any other title.

On the England Limited Edition cards the Bronze Wayne Rooney card is only available to subscribers and will not be found in any other promotion or publication. The Silver LE is available via the Print Me service available at www.toppsdirect.com however should subscribers not wish to purchase this there is a second way to obtain the card which does not cost anything. The same applies to the Gold LE with a second option of redemption should they be using the reversible binder cover from the Match Attax Extra collection for the Match Attax England collection. This again offers a chance to subscribers to obtain the card at no further cost.

I hope that this covers all of the issues that you have raised but should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me directly."

It was also confirmed to me that the Aguero vouchers will be continuing until early September (I'd asked because of the magazine was saying they would be available for "next few weeks")

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
Seriously, has anyone actually removed all of their Match Attax Extra cards and reused the binder for Match Attax England?
Check out our store for more than just football cards - Collectabubble

richt11
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Interesting response - very much a case of backtracking.
I think the banner - more cards than ever before has featured on at least 3 covers? (if someone could correct me should I be wrong), but they are not going to do anything to rectify it with the subscribers?
I find it completely irrelevant about the claim to be giving away 'nearly' twice as many. They are not really free anyway are they?
Regarding the limited editions they need to address the claim that all of the limiteds are exclusive with the magazine, and not just one.
A poor response in my opinion. Still awaiting any reply to my emails.....

MatchAttaxCam
Member Avatar
Masters Card
My question is in the magazine why don't Topps just say 'Rooney Silver and Gold LE' rather than 'England LE'?

For me, they are trying to fool customers into thinking it is a different one, not Rooney, as they know people won't buy if it's Rooney.
Wish list----------------------Feedback

Trusted Traders: matchattaxcrazy, Tankerton1, Turtle21, Booto67, sufcmilla, gt6943, Macky17g, turboboy94, MA!CCFC98, monkey76

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Match Attax England 2014 · Next Topic »
Add Reply