Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Match Attax Mag; England Limited Edition
Topic Started: Apr 5 2014, 10:02 AM (2,922 Views)
richt11
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hi all, I have several issues with the wording on and in the magazine (not just the copy that arrived this morning).
I was wondering if anyone has similar thoughts and had or was going to bring it to the attention of topps. The only reason that I subscribed was due to the limited editions and cards, and now I have to agree with many other posters that I feel ripped off with the Match Attax England situation.
1) On the front cover of the magazine it states = 2 Packs and then "More free cards than ever before!" This is factually incorrect. As they are giving away 2 packs only containing 5 cards in each, surely topps can not actually make this statement.
2) On the token page which now shows images of Rooney Bronze, Silver and Gold, it contains the wording "How to collect your EXCLUSIVE limited edition cards with this magazine" Therefore again this is factually incorrect in my opinion. If as we are led to believe the silver is available with print me, and the gold as we know is in starter packs, then again Topps are being misleading with their statements.
If anyone can give me any feedback and thoughts on this - I will be wording a message to topps over the next day or so.
Many thanks and hopefully we can prompt topps into actually rewarding subscribers with 'exclusive' items again.
Rich T
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

richt11
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
So again Topps are not actually giving subscribers anything exclusive with the album. I would imagine many people would have already purchased the album (if they intended to). Actually thinking about the 'more cards than ever before' statement, that implies that they should be giving away more every week!! I think that Topps haven't really thought this out. I would be interested to hear the response Topps give to everyone who complain about this.

richt11
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Message sent to Topps this morning, we will await with interest a response.
If anyone else sends them a message please advise..
Equally if people start to get replies from Topps with answers please also let us know, so that we can all see what is happening as things are certainly not good at present.

richt11
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have not received any reply as yet. Really not good enough. This weeks magazine contains all of the same 'questionable' comments about number of cards, and exclusivity of limiteds etc...
Does anyone have the email address for someone high up within Topps? Not sure the email address we have is reaching the necessary person/people.....
Edited by richt11, Apr 25 2014, 05:15 PM.

richt11
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Having not received a response as yet (almost one week) I have resent my email along with further comments in relation to this weeks magazine, and the point about the same number of free cards within the Match of the Day magazine (further false and misleading statements) . All in all its becoming a very poor piece of work from topps.

richt11
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
please let me know if those email addresses work and you get a response.... It might be worth a few people sending mails to them....

richt11
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Interesting response - very much a case of backtracking.
I think the banner - more cards than ever before has featured on at least 3 covers? (if someone could correct me should I be wrong), but they are not going to do anything to rectify it with the subscribers?
I find it completely irrelevant about the claim to be giving away 'nearly' twice as many. They are not really free anyway are they?
Regarding the limited editions they need to address the claim that all of the limiteds are exclusive with the magazine, and not just one.
A poor response in my opinion. Still awaiting any reply to my emails.....

richt11
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well - I got a response....
Word for word identical to the two responses that you received Chris, so we must have written exactly the same thing??
I am going to send them further correspondence because the wording for the Limited Editions has all along suggested that they are exclusive, and also I feel that the fact the More cards than wording was there for not just one additional week, they should actually honour that statement to all those with a subscription.
If anyone has further thoughts on this please let me know.
Many thanks
Richard

richt11
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
I recieved issue 29 today - interesting to see that the 'More Free Cards than ever before' banner remains on the front cover... for the 4th week running. But they have now chosen to remove the word 'EXCLUSIVE' from the limited edition token page!! I doubt we will see any commitment to their words especially given the 'Copy and Paste' replies we have received, but if there was nothing wrong with the wording I wonder why they have now opted to change it????

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax England 2014 · Next Topic »
Add Reply