Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Match Attax Mag; England Limited Edition
Topic Started: Apr 5 2014, 10:02 AM (3,009 Views)
chriskeens
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
richt11
Apr 19 2014, 10:53 AM
Hi all, I have several issues with the wording on and in the magazine (not just the copy that arrived this morning).
I was wondering if anyone has similar thoughts and had or was going to bring it to the attention of topps. The only reason that I subscribed was due to the limited editions and cards, and now I have to agree with many other posters that I feel ripped off with the Match Attax England situation.
1) On the front cover of the magazine it states = 2 Packs and then "More free cards than ever before!" This is factually incorrect. As they are giving away 2 packs only containing 5 cards in each, surely topps can not actually make this statement.
2) On the token page which now shows images of Rooney Bronze, Silver and Gold, it contains the wording "How to collect your EXCLUSIVE limited edition cards with this magazine" Therefore again this is factually incorrect in my opinion. If as we are led to believe the silver is available with print me, and the gold as we know is in starter packs, then again Topps are being misleading with their statements.
If anyone can give me any feedback and thoughts on this - I will be wording a message to topps over the next day or so.
Many thanks and hopefully we can prompt topps into actually rewarding subscribers with 'exclusive' items again.
Rich T
I contacted Topps about this last week as I was also feeling mislead, especially with the "more free cards than ever' statement. Even with my simple maths skills I can tell that the 15 cards (1 normal pack of 10 + the extra pack of 5) is less than the 2 packs of 5 cards currently being included.

I still haven't had a response from them yet so I might have to chase it up.
My Premier Gold 2014 Everton Collection
(Wanted for this collection: Howard Auto 'Base' '/99' and any Everton '1/1')

My Premier Gold 2014 (auto) Collection

My Premier Club 2015 Everton Collection

Wishlist: here // Selling: here // Tradelist: here // Trading feedback: here (eBay Feedback here)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

chriskeens
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
hattersfan
Apr 19 2014, 05:25 PM
chriskeens
Apr 19 2014, 12:41 PM
Even with my simple maths skills I can tell that the 15 cards (1 normal pack of 10 + the extra pack of 5) is less than the 2 packs of 5 cards (10) currently being included.

I think you were right about your simple maths skills! How is 15 less than 10??
Lol, thats the anger in me making me make mistakes!

Wishlist: here // Selling: here // Tradelist: here // Trading feedback: here (eBay Feedback here)

chriskeens
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have also resent my email this evening. I have now also cc'd it to what I believe to be the emails of Chris Rodman (Vice President & Group Managing Director) and Simon Benton (Sales & Marketing Director)

Hopefully this will kick start some kind of response!

chriskeens
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've also finally had a response. Mine was slightly different though...

"Thank you for your e-mail which has been passed for my attention and I apologise for the fact that you have not had a response sooner. I am currently looking into the queries that you have raised and will give you a complete response to your queries within the next 24 hours"

It has also come from Sue Gallagher, the customer services manager.
Edited by chriskeens, Apr 30 2014, 10:04 AM.

chriskeens
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've had this response this morning...

"Thank you for bringing to our attention that there is an editorial oversight on this edition and the “more free cards” banner should have been removed. This phrase was used where we were giving away 15 free cards and should have been removed from this issue. This has now been rectified and as you so rightly stated we did give away the same number of cards this week as MOTD magazine however over the course of the year we will be giving away nearly twice as many cards with the Match Attax Weekly Collector Guide than with any other title.

On the England Limited Edition cards the Bronze Wayne Rooney card is only available to subscribers and will not be found in any other promotion or publication. The Silver LE is available via the Print Me service available at www.toppsdirect.com however should subscribers not wish to purchase this there is a second way to obtain the card which does not cost anything. The same applies to the Gold LE with a second option of redemption should they be using the reversible binder cover from the Match Attax Extra collection for the Match Attax England collection. This again offers a chance to subscribers to obtain the card at no further cost.

I hope that this covers all of the issues that you have raised but should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me directly."

It was also confirmed to me that the Aguero vouchers will be continuing until early September (I'd asked because of the magazine was saying they would be available for "next few weeks")

chriskeens
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I sent a reply back to let them know of my disappointment with the 'exclusive' situation. I received a very quick reply back...

"I am sorry that you are disappointed by the Limited Edition exclusivity however thank you for your understanding. As you are aware the Sergio Aguero is totally exclusive to the magazine as was the bronze Yaya Toure and therefore that will be 5 cards over the first 52 weeks of the magazine being in production with new Limited Editions being in the pipeline with the launch of the new season collection later this year."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax England 2014 · Next Topic »
Add Reply