Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
swap and play glasgow
Topic Started: Apr 7 2014, 11:41 PM (290 Views)
jaxattax
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Took my two ten year old boys to the Glasgow event on Monday.
We only collect EPL, but there were world star and SPL collectors there as well.
We were about 90 minutes late, got our Kyle Walker cards on arrival, and went into the room to be met by a football freestyler, which was actually really cool.
My sons had never played a tournament before but one of them managed to win 2 games and get into the last 16 where he sadly messed up and got beat 6-4 (first attack was a draw). He was really upset, his opponent used RVP 101, which is not allowed, but the judges allowed it?
He did get some cool exclusive cards for entering though which will make his collection all the sweeter.
We then did some swaps to complete his man of match cards which was great, and then entered an auction which was very poor to be honest.
Highlight of the day was when my upset son got up on stage to guess the flags right. He made me very proud when he got ghana, ecuador and others correct to receive a goody bag.
The bag was full of packets of cards and stickers including 10 packets of extras which was nice, because extras weren't part of the swaps and they didn't have the sports relief packs on sale as expected.
I also managed to get a chat with one of the designers who was doing some research and he was saying that they are reviewing a lot of things for next season. The most interesting thing we talked about was a new innovation where players can be inserted into plastic stadium card holders to react with the card. Sounds like a sleeve that protects and enhances the cards look. Expect Man of matches in present form to stay, and Limited editions to remain carved foil. He agreed the extra release premature was unfortunate, and being a fulham fan, he was also embarrassed about holtby.
They are updating the website as well.
Was a crackign day out and recommend that any collector who hasn't done a tour, gets themselves along to one asap.
Edited by jaxattax, Apr 7 2014, 11:43 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jaxattax
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
alanaman
Apr 8 2014, 01:19 AM
Why would you not be allowed to use the RVP 101. Do you mean the jack wilshire sport relief 101 which is not allowed?

rules say "You cannot use 101 Master Cards."

is that not rvp and suarez hundred clubs?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 13/14 · Next Topic »
Add Reply