Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wembley Swap & Play Tour 2014
Topic Started: Apr 9 2014, 08:24 AM (1,031 Views)
Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi Everyone
On my way up on the train to todays event which i am very much looking forward to! I should be arriving just after 10:30 and i am hoping to bump into a few fcf members whist i am up there! I will try and post some pictures and updates through out the day and will post a summary of the day when i get back!
Toby
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Yes i have one ready. Are you bringing one Chris?
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Right i am back and have finished dinner and in the middle of opening everything what a day! I arrived at Wembley at 10:35pm to find everyone still queuing to get in. At 10:55 we were let in and me and my brother Harry and dad went to three separate desks and each got 4 boxes of awesome with Walker Gold LE! We then went up stairs with all our stuff and made base camp if you like so Dad could sit down and me and H went to queue to get our last 13/14 MA cards from the swap service along with a few correction cards! We then went over to the World Championship area where i met Gary to speak to properly after speaking to him briefly in the queue on the way in! Harry and Gary's son Jack got straight into action and got to the regional heats last 4 where they played each other for the opportunity to go through to try to play for the Silver Card (Regional Finalist Card) for the afternoons Regional Final. H narrowly beat Jack but faced Brindan for the the First Silver Card up for grabs on the day and to no surprise Brindan won! Harry went straight back round and won to become the 4th Person into the Regional Finals as he had to wait a bit in the queue. There were lots of members (or shoudl i say sons?Brothers!!) in the Regional finals, with Garys Son Jack making it through and also Mega's (FCF Member Harrick) son Harry in the last 16, as well as Adrenalynxl9, and Chris (Hattersfan's) brother in there as well if my brother's memory is correct! Harry made it all the way to the Last 4 eventually losing to the runner up. He got a great bag of goodies including a MA England Tin and loads of packets of cards and he was also allowed to be First in the Queue for meeting Kyle Walker.

On with the rest of the day, i spent most of it talking to Gary and Mega and whilst i wasn't i was exploring the rest of the event. i also managed to complete my Premier League Sticker collection with the swapping service whilst i was there. There was a MA Mag zone, the big stage, Peter Shilton signing things and also other things like a giant MA England bade to sign and a MA England game zone and also other topps cards and sticker areas. The shop featured lots of MA England thigns like tins and multipacks, starter packs and packets and also the MA extra sheets with the new HTH cards on and i picked up 3 of those for a 1 each. There were no extra packets just starter packs and some normal 13/14 MA and there was a great deal for A Tin, Multipack and Starter Pack and Draw String Bag for 10 which was cheaper than just buying the Tin and Multipack.

There seemed to be less items in the auction than last year although the quality still pretty good, the items and there winning bids (rough estimate on some) were:
--Skylanders Books - 610 Swaps
--Wembley mini tour passes - (1 won for 500 cards, but loads in the end after the auction ended given out to those that didn't win anything)
--Match Attax Advert Board signed by Jack Wilshere - 2,100 swaps (if not more?)
--Cristiano Ronaldo Signed Real Madrid 13/14 Shirt - 4,300 swaps won by me (fcf member Tankerton1) !!
--Retro England Shirt (roughly 2,000+ swaps) This was later to be signed by Peter Shilton as topps said it would be for the winner.
--Darren Bent Signed Match Attax 13/14 Base Card (with hologram) - 1,000 won by fcf Member Sickone 95
-- Joe Hart Signed England Shirt - 3,300 cards won by Gary (fcf member gt6943)
And i think that was it for the auction. Delighted with the shirt, it was well worth all those swaps, will try to get a picture up later!

And finally I played Chris in a one of over age game for a Regional Champion Gold card which Chris won, fair play to him he built a solid team!
And on my way out they were giving away more boxes of awesome so i got 3 more to make 15 Walker Gold LE's in total! What a great day and thanks to topps for putting it on! Great to meet up with Gary and Mega as well thoroughly enjoyed talking to you both!
Toby
Edited by Tankerton1, Apr 9 2014, 07:52 PM.
Trade List Wishlist

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Thanks Catherine, I got 4 because i put my mum down as going as well as my dad might not have been able to take me and H as he might have been working but didn't in the end so Mum stayed at home to save an extra train fair, i will probably get a picture of shirt up tomorrow morning (technology permitting ;) )! I will edit that post and try to be as accurate as possible in putting how much the winning bid was, so thanks sickone95 for letting me know!
Trade List Wishlist

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Thanks Catherine, Just seen it, terrible photo of me though! Anyway to save me uploading the photo and taking a picture of it, here is the one from my topps facebook page:
Posted Image
Trade List Wishlist

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 13/14 · Next Topic »
Add Reply