Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wembley Swap & Play Tour 2014
Topic Started: Apr 9 2014, 08:24 AM (1,020 Views)
Renko
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Having been very critical of Topps' Match Attax Extra 2013/14 collection I thought it only fair to say a big WELL DONE to Topps for the Swap and Play event at Wembley Stadium :clap

Firstly we were surprised to arrive 20 minutes before the start and see a mass of 300+ people waiting. Attendance was, in general, considerably more than I expected. At a guesstimate some 3,000 people throughout the day.

The Kyle Walker limited edition was very nice, well protected in the box of stuff it came with.

I reckoned the immediate thing to do was complete our two swop forms. We spent less than 10 minutes queuing before being served (I would not like to guess what the queue time was by midday; an hour??)

The swopping person made 2 errors in one of our swop transactions (one missed, one given was the adjacent numbered card). I gave Renko Jr the 2 cards he was missing so he has a full collection now (I am short 2 base and 3 MotM, but than I am probably more patient than him).

We then went to the training table to learn how to play Match Attax. Our tutor did a great job, spending 20 minutes with us, and playing a couple of games. I now appreciate there are tactics and strategy to playing the game. Renko Jr was clear he did not fancy playing in the tournament against lads twice his age, but maybe next year (when the championship finals are at a more pleasant venue).

We enjoyed watching the youngsters playing in the tournament.

I was not coerced into buying any Match Attax England items (Panini Adrenalyn World Cup collection is massively better imho).

The football freestyler was good entertainment.

Peter Shilton was an odd choice as the guest player, and I say that having watched him play for Derby and Leyton Orient, and collected him in 7 years worth of Panini sticker albums. I was hoping it would be Lewis Holtby ;) but any Premier League player would have been more interesting for us.

The Auction concept I do not get. I think it should either have been some items cash auction, some items card auction or all cash. Cash could of course go to charitable causes.

We went on the stadium tour, which I have done before but is still interesting. For something more special try a tour of Craven Cottage :P .

Anyway a good day out, so thanks Topps.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 13/14 · Next Topic »
Add Reply