Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
premier gold 2014-2015?
Topic Started: May 21 2014, 01:05 AM (15,757 Views)
Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sounds like they are really improving the quality to try and compete with the panini prizm release, great to hear.

Not sure what it'll like look like exactly but here is a crown die cut auto card from a Panini mlb release

Posted Image

To my knowledge that's about the closest thing out there that resembles that description but it will more than likely look completely different :D
Edited by Portlaw, Jul 3 2014, 04:33 PM.
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
A store online has pre sales for this at $225 a box

Edit: They can also be got at $210
Edited by Portlaw, Jul 16 2014, 12:33 AM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Looks good judging by what I understood from the details. No platinum parallel which is good but there are 2 more colours included. Great to see the premier gold parallel introduced in the jerseys and auto's instead of the platinum. Looks like the 1/1's will contain a piece of the crest in the jersey cards. There could be a lot worse signings other than Joe Cole for Villa but really hope they get Gabby to sign. Great to see Drogba and Bergkamp sign as well

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Just a heads up for people who may be interested again I will probably be doing another group break but it may be more costly as i will have to include cost of toploaders etc (should be very cheap) but will probably wait for the UK release which is quite a bit more expensive as to avoid customs (although it was still cheaper to import from the US).

I do think we would struggle to fill spots though as looking at the auto list being up to 40 cards, some teams may only have 1 auto which could be gotten for quite cheap but there will be 30 auto's in a case so if it is only up to 40 most autographs should be pulled

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I'm also unable to post in thread since it was moved so it seems to be a thread error. If interested in a team just let me know :)

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
rid25
Aug 11 2014, 02:05 AM
Portlaw
Aug 10 2014, 10:03 PM
I'm also unable to post in thread since it was moved so it seems to be a thread error. If interested in a team just let me know :)

i'm in if you decide to make boxbreak group again..... :cheers
There are still plenty of teams left available in the break if interested

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Here is the thread for the case break

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7224418/1/#new

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
No problem, you've been added

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Is one of the mods able to fix the case break thread please? I've had a couple pm's about others who cannot post in the thread either

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Only mods seem to be able to post in the case break thread. I'm guessing it's cause when moved it was just placed in the case breaks sub forum and not under the current breaks folder in the case break sub forum

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Looks like this set will be better than the last. Bent, Benteke and Delph for Villa, I'll take that this year :)
Edited by Portlaw, Oct 3 2014, 05:50 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I'm guessing there are a lot of leftover auto's of Bent, Benteke and Vlaar from previous topps releases and that's why they are included again. That or they must think for some reason Villa are a highly sought after team :sf4

I'm curious to see if each of these players will have a jersey card like the last set, if so it'll be real hit and miss again like last year. The auto's and jersey base cards of most of these players will be relatively cheap a while after release

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
man_utd1979
Nov 8 2014, 03:17 AM
Sorry I just realised arsenal have 2. 2 good ones as well! @ Portlaw - you must be chuffed mate! The set should be renamed Topps Aston Villa Gold (and sime others) 2014/15 lol
I'm big into Villa patches so having 5 is definitely a plus if all of them have jersey cards too. Auto's wise I would have loved an Agbonlahor in there but really happy to see Delph in it. I know a few teams are showing a bit of interest in him and I would hate to see him leave but he is a fantastic player, our best player by far when Benteke was out injured. Benteke and Vlaar are massive players for us and although Bent doesn't see much action for us anymore he single hand idly kept us up when he first arrived. Not a fan of the Cole auto though :1356

I really can't wait to see who they get in for the crowning achievements set, they are going to have to be big names to make it into that

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
There is a 1/1 of patch on ebay of Colback from Newcastle. It has a patch of the crest and it looks like it's an iron on logo like the sponsors etc. where the crests are usually embroidered. Any know if the crest on he Newcastle jersey is embroidered? If it is then this seems to be yet another 'event used' piece :fing

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Portlaw
Dec 13 2014, 05:58 PM
There is a 1/1 of patch on ebay of Colback from Newcastle. It has a patch of the crest and it looks like it's an iron on logo like the sponsors etc. where the crests are usually embroidered. Any know if the crest on he Newcastle jersey is embroidered? If it is then this seems to be yet another 'event used' piece :fing
Had a look and the Newcastle crests are actually iron on and not embroidered (Puma got cheap), thankfully :D

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
That's a pretty sweet patch above.

Agreed, I was expecting BINs on all auto's to be at least $20 for the first while but one seller got on early and basically set the price for them, the auto's won't be rare either so they won't go up in price till the initial breaks are done and the listings start become scarce or until all the sellers keep at a particular price and another seller doesn't undercut them. The auto list does seem rather weak at the moment, no home runs like with the last set, no Ronaldo Pele etc unless they have been included and just haven't appeared on the ebay yet. Going to be interesting over the next week to see

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
The Premier Club auto/jersey is the best looking card from all Premier sets released from Topps over the years in my opinion so I would expect them to sell well especially with Ronaldo etc in it. I'm really looking forward to the release of that set
Edited by Portlaw, Dec 14 2014, 01:29 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Denis Bergkamp auto is in this set as a redemption I see, very interesting to see how long it will take for them to redeem the card

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Alan
Dec 16 2014, 01:25 PM
The Bergkamp card is redemption only, for all versions, so there's a chance that they won't even exist.

It's a fairly common event in the US that redemption cards don't get made!!

-
Exactly, I've seen it happen with many sports and non-sports products and then if they don't get the Bergkamp auto's they will try give you something to that value but most previous cases the customer gets trash

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I'm not sure if it was mentioned or if it would be seen as an error but the photo used on Kasper Schmeichel's jersey card is of himself in his Danish kit and not his Leicester City kit

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
dvsgooner
Dec 20 2014, 01:54 PM
That card looks beautiful, fantastic patch, asking price is a tad high methinks but still amazing

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Just noticed this awesome patch in the completed listing, has a piece of the Liverpool crest

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-TOPPS-PREMIER-GOLD-ADAM-LALLANA-GOLD-LOGO-PATCH-1-1-MUST-SEE-/221638788628?pt=US_Soccer_Trading_Cards&hash=item339ab38614&nma=true&si=FfFgAS0zPrsaJ0HXnvxnrGMD4fk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It'll be interesting to see what the Falcao will go for once it pops up

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
robjones1973
Dec 21 2014, 05:00 PM
dvsgooner
Dec 20 2014, 02:52 PM
As there are no autographs of Wilshere and Arteta this year, it is safe to say that Topps have only used their kits from last seasons collection...
I think they must have just used a random Arsenal shirt and cut it up.
I really don't think this is the case, all autographs are got in person so I'm sure the majority of the jerseys are probably event worn as they can be got then and there while at the club. But Panini have got in huge trouble over this and there's a massive dispute still ongoing. They produced a really high end football product I believe it was and the put event worn cards in it and called them game worn and were called out on it and so many have turned the nose up to them. If you read the back of the card it does say it could be from any season too so I'd guess like dvsgooner said, they are just from last years jersey

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Looks like he changed up his signature, if it was a Futera card we'd have a page of people calling it fake even though it isn't, I feel sorry for the treatment they get.

But back to the topic, some of the Gerrard jersey cards are from last seasons jersey for definite so seems to be the way with some players jerseys, must be using up leftovers from the jersey they had last year, if they do I'd expect them to be slightly shorter print than the others in the set
Edited by Portlaw, Dec 21 2014, 11:56 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card

Last year people got in touch with players asking how many they signed and some replied, all one has to do is do the same and ask at the signing did you give a jersey you wore signing cards to Topps and you'll have a fair idea and may even potentially catch them out. Panini have destroyed there reputation to many of their main buyers by using event worn and not match worn, to say that a massive company would go buy any old shirt. These are signed in person with a topps representative present, it's not that big of a deal to ask for the jersey they put on when signing, if they picked up jerseys from a fan shop you can be sure they'd go back seasons and get Ronaldo in it, they'd throw Rooney, Hazard, Aguero in. You may well be right but the legal issues they would face by being caught out like Panini do is far too great. Also with the American sports sets that include event worn, a signing of their cards is not seen as an event, events would be the photo shoot of the jersey or a rookie premiere that players go to not sitting down in a room signing cards so what an were the jerseys come from is a mystery but if we are going to question the jersey we may as well say their autographs are fake as Drogba's signature has completely changed

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I just got in touch with Jeff who was managing the 2013 Premier Gold set regarding a bit of clarity towards the jersey situation and got back to me and unfortunately he's not working on this set this year but has forwarded the email onto who is over the 2014 set so hopefully will have some news on it soon!

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
This was just pulled, wow

Posted Image

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Just to clarify that Chelsea one isn't mine, just has been pulled. I wish it was mine :$

That Benteke is a great looking card. I love the jumbo swatches of the crest a lot better than the small (the Costa jumbo is far better than the small on the dual patch card) so I'm tempted on going for it even though it is probably event worn. Will not be going for the Bent or Cole jumbo's this year

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
That Falcao is an awesome pick up too and for what seems like a great price congrats :clap

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I'd be grateful, I'm at the stage where I'm thinking of setting up an addictions anonymous group on the site :rofl

Here an update on my main Villa crest cards with recent additions

Posted Image

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
davowls
Dec 24 2014, 08:23 AM
great collection premier gold 2014 but are they really worth the money
Cost and worth are two completely different things. Why buy a new car for 20,000 when you can get an old used second hand car for 1,000 which will do the same job and get you from a to b? That may seem like a bit of an abstract metaphor but is the 20,000 car worth 19,000 more than the car for 1,000 that does the same job? The depreciation on it will be crazy too and devalue by a few thousand after a few years.

So why for example buy a Falcao 1/1 autograph that might cost say 500 when the base autograph costs for example 50? both are an autograph and both do the same job.

Lets be honest, all of us card collectors have a little bit of crazy in us to be so fascinated and interested with what essentially is a small piece of card but that's what's great about it. It's what we love to collect and it's what our hobby is. So a full match attax collection is worth maybe 5 to me cause I have no desire for it but a premier gold 1/1 Villa patch is nearly 100 times more valuable to me. Lets just not questions our hobbies sanity :rofl
Edited by Portlaw, Dec 24 2014, 08:56 AM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Falcao 1/1 auto/patch with a piece of the United crest just sold for $4000, a crazy price and now this has just appeared, i think it could push near $400-500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Topps-2014-Premier-Gold-FFR-MA-Arsenal-Mikel-Arteta-Jumbo-LOGO-Patch-1-1-/251768757026?pt=US_Soccer_Trading_Cards&hash=item3a9e965b22

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I'm going to be swamped with work next month but we don't seem to incur customs on small envelopes here in Ireland. It may have changed since last year and I'll know soon when my 3 cards arrive but if we don't and I can help some people out with an expensive card then let me know

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I've gone ahead and bought another Premier Gold 1/1, the other Delph, slowly making my way to having all of the crest from his jersey, I really need to stop buying :rofl

Posted Image

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Brummie3
Dec 28 2014, 11:54 PM
Portlaw
Dec 27 2014, 08:15 PM
I've gone ahead and bought another Premier Gold 1/1, the other Delph, slowly making my way to having all of the crest from his jersey, I really need to stop buying :rofl

Posted Image
Awesome that bro! some great villa patches in this set !
Thanks!

All the jumbo jersey Premier Gold 1/1's, all the auto/jersey Premier Gold 1/1's and as far as I know all the dual jersey Premier Gold 1/1's will have pieces of the team crest so every teams crest patch is inserted into the product (except for Sunderland, Man City, Spurs, QPR). Villa will have crest patches on 11 cards which is the most in the set, Southampton on 9 so they have a large chunk of the set too. The thing is you could probably buy the 11 Villa 1/1's for cheaper than you could get the Falcao 1/1 auto/jersey :sf4
Edited by Portlaw, Dec 29 2014, 01:22 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
maartinsextra
Dec 29 2014, 06:24 PM
can anyone explain me why theres some kind of weird Didier Drogba autograph on topps cards? his autograph on memorabilia pieces and prizm cards looks waaaaaaay different
Seems to be a simple case of Drogba just changing his autograph, there are pictures of him signing the cards I believe, so they are authentic. Some people don't like to accept the fact that auto's change and it's why a lot are called fake but it does happen for auto's to change/be rushed etc, in a recent topps american football product one player used 2 completely different auto's when signing his cards, you would never guess they were from the same person.
Edited by Portlaw, Dec 29 2014, 06:38 PM.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Alan
Dec 29 2014, 07:31 PM
Portlaw
Dec 29 2014, 06:36 PM
maartinsextra
Dec 29 2014, 06:24 PM
can anyone explain me why theres some kind of weird Didier Drogba autograph on topps cards? his autograph on memorabilia pieces and prizm cards looks waaaaaaay different
Seems to be a simple case of Drogba just changing his autograph, there are pictures of him signing the cards I believe, so they are authentic. Some people don't like to accept the fact that auto's change and it's why a lot are called fake but it does happen for auto's to change/be rushed etc, in a recent topps american football product one player used 2 completely different auto's when signing his cards, you would never guess they were from the same person.
Having to sign small sticky labels might also influence how someone signs his signature (I can't sign the narrow strips on the back of credit cards in the same way I do my regular signature).
I believe the prizm set was on stickers as well and he has a different auto on that but I agree, I would imagine it'd be harder to sign

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Some fake binders hitting the market in case people think of buying them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Topps-2014-Premier-Gold-Original-Empty-Collector-Binder-CHINA-ONLY-NEW/321630181249?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D3886627e20b94e75bda598bf97abd314%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D20131017132637%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D191466685101

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
bibster
Dec 31 2014, 02:05 PM
Portsmouth have also been promoted 3 divisions overnight :sofun

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Dec 31 2014, 02:48 PM
I hadn't realised Catherine and Sean that Birmingham City and Fulham were also back up!!, or that Burnley had reverted back to their old logo haha! :rofl
It wouldn't surprise me if someone goes and buys one!
And apparently there are only 19 teams in the Premier League now too :rofl

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Premier Gold 2014 · Next Topic »
Add Reply