Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
premier gold 2014-2015?
Topic Started: May 21 2014, 01:05 AM (15,467 Views)
Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I had great fun with the first set, buying as much Palace cards as I could, tried to collect every colourway, printing plates, blank back ones, the whole shooting match, thinking it would be the only year Palace would be in the top flight.

I was checking multiple versions of ebay several times a day for about 3 months, it became obsessive!! 1/1s are brilliant when you can get them, but ultimately frustrating if you miss out on a rainbow etc

Think I'll just get the basic cards this time, both my bank balance and sanity wouldn't be able to take it again!!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Palace last season had the same player (Bolasie) on every auto, jersey and quad card. Still looks amazing when properly laid out though, and you get loads of parallels for the same card.
Bibster, go for it, I used auctionsniper to death and won loads that way. Remember to check ebay.com, .ca and so on!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
SlimShady(srb)
Aug 20 2014, 08:54 AM
Looks like the earlier plans for a much simplified set have been backtracked and there are multiple numerous variations for every card again (new purple and black limiteds).

Also the rarity of the jumbos and crowning achievement cards looks like they will be seriously hard to get. I got so many 'rare' cards last time (1/11's, 1/5/s and 1/1's, yet amongst that lot, only managed one 'Premier Gold 1/1 last time. Can see it being even harder this time!)
Edited by Dorking, Aug 25 2014, 08:01 AM.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
FIVE for Villa!!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
man_utd1979
Dec 3 2014, 09:24 AM
Lol so who wants premier gold now? Haha
I still want Premier Gold (will collect both). Just wasn't planning on going crazy with the rare 1/1's, plates, blank backs and numerous other colours of the rainbow this time.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Better start saving my pennies!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Yep, they've started hitting ebay.com. A few BIN's at fair prices (for what I'm after)

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Bought 3 BIN's at prices I think are fair. Really pleased there's a Palace player (Jedinak) this year with a JUMBO patch, as there weren't any Jumbos for Palace last year.

Hope to be able to get the Jedinak crowning achievement sooner rather than later at a sensible BIN price too. Will probably wait to get all the 'boring' base cards together in one purchase in one go to save on postage.

Hope I don't get sucked into getting parallels this year - it's too addictive! Might get a nice jersey parallel if it's not too expensive, maybe in black if I can.

Overall, much nicer than last years. :) :)

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Loving this one

Posted Image

Going to be very hard to resist if there are sexy coloured parallels for it.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
[/quote]VERY nice...!

Yep, but /50, so never going to be 'cheap'. :(

and the orange ( /11) and Premier Gold (1/1) versions will be even sought after!

Luckily the huge beard he's been growing for the last 3 months was gone today, so once again he looks like he does on that card :)
Edited by Dorking, Dec 13 2014, 09:21 PM.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
I absolutely love the first few days of a new release. Trying to work out which players are on which cards (ably helped by Alan's brilliant site) and grabbing the odd 'bargain' (or so it feels at the time) before the wider public are even aware the collection is out!! Exciting time!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Some VERY nice cards this year. This is a black Dual card ( /25)

Posted Image

Shame the swatch wasn't properly fixed on this particular example, but a great design of card anyway

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
mimiimports (used them a lot last year) are pretty reasonable and seem to be setting the price. UK sellers won't be getting them just yet, and will struggle to get their money back if they sell at those sort of prices (unless the big hits go for big money)

UK sellers might be best off concentrating on Premier Club in January

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Really nice those cards. In my experience the smaller the limited parallel (eg /10 or /5) then the better the swatch, often a bit of the sleeve logo (premier league lion)

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
That's a good price indeed. I expect now is a really good time to hoover up any 2013 cards that you need.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Every day there's more cards than the day before on ebay.com :)
A lot more of the various parallel colours now. BIN prices a little on the high side in some cases.
Hopefully in a few days time there will be a real deluge of cards, and some sellers might go down the auction option instead of BIN's :)

Really don't understand sellers who bundle identical cards in the same auction though. Why would you want two cards the same???

Posted Image

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
This is an amazing patch for what is only a /25 card
Posted Image

You would normally only expect a patch like that on a 1/1 signed relic

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Quite. It's early days. Really no need for anyone to pay crazy prices (unless you really HAVE to have that 1/1!!) as there will always be either cheaper BIN's later on, or auctions which surely will be better value.

The jumbo relic cards (like the Andre Wisdom one above) do look a bit like a design compromise - the cut out doesn't match the printing on the card!!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Another ridiculous patch for a /25 card!!!

Posted Image

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Yep, that's what I mean. Crazy patch for a 1/25 though. Usually patches as good as this these would be reserved for 1/11's or 1/1's

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Received my first 2 cards today in the post (from Hong Kong) really impressed with the quality this year. The 'Captain' cards are a decent thickness of card, not like Match Attax or even last years base cards for example.

Well pleased.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
man_utd1979
Dec 22 2014, 09:51 AM
I have officially picked up far too many cards already. A box is now pointless for me haha. Got a few more this morning including Falcao crowning achievement orange/11.
I think now that I have the crowning achievement orange I will hold off from the variants until the prices come right down. I have at least one of everything Falcao which is more than I intended. 3 autos, 1 dual relic, 3 relics and 1 auto/relic
I am well on the way to getting everything I am after too.
Not going crazy with parallels this year, and probably won't get any printing plates unless they go really cheap.

Need the 1 crowning achievement and the 1 auto/relic for my team, and am just patiently waiting for a seller to be daft enough to start an auction for each at a low start price. Happy to play the waiting game (utilising auctionsniper etc) - looking at the 'ended items' for my teams cards on ebay, there's no real frenzy and already some sellers have already reduced the prices of some cards.

Seen a UK seller offering free 1st class postage or collect from Argos, so keeping UK sellers in mind as well now, as with less or zero postage costs, their prices could well be competitive too.
Edited by Dorking, Dec 22 2014, 11:40 AM.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
I'm not too fussed about the exact provenance of the jersey swatches

I'm more interested in the shabbiness of some of the relic cards - bits of seam showing, and some not fitted into the 'window' properly at all.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Being someone who buys through ebay, it shouldn't bother me, as I just look at the next one, but imagine if you had pulled one of those, you'd be a bit annoyed at the quality of workmanship!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
LOL, just a dodgy scan!

Plain white relics just doesn't do it for me sadly (although if you are a Spurs fan, I guess there's not a lot you can do about it!)

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
I think they are worth the money, because collecting them makes us happy. When I stop enjoying it, I'll stop buying cards.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Alan
Dec 26 2014, 10:39 AM
Topps have started releasing the blank-backed 1/1 cards on eBay.com. More info...

Topps - Premier Gold 2014 (16) Blank-backed 1/1

Got 8 out of the 10 Palace ones last year, paid stating price ($10?) for nearly all of them. Will try and get one this year, but not going mad for them because they are a nuisance to store - you don't want to break open the sealed card holder, but then it doesn't go in a card folder.

PS - Items say no interntional shipping, but they said this last year, and did so, even combining postage. I've asked the question to them again this year, albeit they aren't there to answer until 29th Dec.
Edited by Dorking, Dec 26 2014, 07:32 PM.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
bibster
Dec 26 2014, 07:45 PM
Please can you let me know if they reply to you David about the international postage? I am interested in the Burnley cards.
Will do. I've set up a snipe anyway in case I forget to bid, worst case scenario is that I win the auction, and they refuse to post to the UK. Last year I just won the auctions, then requested postage total from the seller, which they provided within 48hrs, and I then paid. Hardly anyone else was interested in any of the Palace blank back cards last year.

Chris - go to ebay.com and search for "2014 Premier Soccer blank" and you will get all 60 that thetoppsvault have listed so far.

Not having 'Premier Gold' (but instead 'Premier Soccer') in the listing title really helps because lots of other collectors might completely miss them, so less bidding 'competition'!
Edited by Dorking, Dec 26 2014, 09:15 PM.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
KMoran28
Dec 27 2014, 11:02 AM
Are people confident that they will ship to the UK?? I'm no eBay expert, but saying you are going to be 'away' at the business end of an action doesn't really make any sense to me. I hope to get at least 2 Sunderland blank back 1/1's. Does anyone know the kind of price they went for last year?
Last year, 8 out of the 10 Palace blank backs went for $10 or 10.50. The two I didn't win still only went for about $12 of similar.

Obviously I'd expect the 'bigger' clubs to go for more.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
I got a $32 card through from Hong Kong without incurring a customs charge. Reckon it sneaked through mainly because it was just before xmas and customs would have been swamped.

Also got a reply from TheToppsVault:- simply "Yes we can ship to the UK"

:)

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Yeah,for 2nd season running the collection should be called 'Villa Gold' LOL

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
I haven't seen a Palace (ie Jedinak) card with a bit of crest in it yet, and to be honest when one does appear it will be out of my league anyway, but would like to see a picture of it anyway. Will look well smart.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
I won the first Palace 'blank back' card. Cost just $10.45. As with last year you just go to payment and request a new total from the seller (ie asking for postage to UK to be added). Not going or any more blank backs this year.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
I use cigarette card albums. Probably should move to A4 (9 per page) binders, but my whole (Crystal Palace) card and sticker collection (everything back to 1906) are in these, and I'm loath to change now, old habits die hard!!.

Posted Image

Edited by Dorking, Jan 1 2015, 08:52 PM.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
I've got at least one version of each of the colours (orange, black,purple) and there is no 'shiny effect' as per last year.

However the cards are all thicker - the base cards are alright, but some of the relic cards are unbelievably thick!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Each base card has one blank back version. Only sold through ebay.com (auction). Standard base card front, with plain blank white back. Hologram on back with unique serial number and 1/1. Cardin a sealed plastic holder.

In separate envelope a certificate of authenticity from Topps, which ties up to the serial number on the hologram.

One for the completists only really - they don't often sell much higher than the $10 start price. Dealers presumably don't get involved as they are effectively auctioned direct by topps, and there is no room for a middle man.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
I believe the card is the printers proof- as you say a test for the base card front. Topps do it for all their high end card series (eg NFL). Just to make a few extra $$$ out of the hardcore collectors.

Over here I think collectors have a good sense of balance. Collecting is a lot more popular, there is a lot more competition for the rarest and best cards,and they are seemingly obessed with having them 'graded' and secured in special 'grade certified' card holders.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Yep same here. Whilst I got stacks of the 2013 series for my team, the limited nature of many of the cards gives you a sense of 'you can't win them all', and I'll be honest, I gave it a damn good shot, for a team (Palace) who have few collectors.

Its not something I'm used to as I hadn't before been after cards made in such small numbers (1/11's, 1/5's and 1/1's) until the 2013 series came out

I've been a lot more chilled out with the 2014 set, haven't chased any of the rarest parallels, and have taken the attitude of 'I'll try for the next one' as soon as it goes above what I am prepared to pay. (Last year I wanted to own the first of every example I came across!) Much more enjoyable this time around!

Helps making a conscious decision not to go for printing plates too!
Edited by Dorking, Jan 16 2015, 09:15 PM.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Totally agree that Huddlestone card is gorgeous

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Are you checking ebay.com or just ebay.co.uk. If you go on ebay.com that's where you'll find the most cards

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
That is a crazy set of 4. What do they want though? $800+ ???

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Premier Gold 2014 · Next Topic »
Add Reply