Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
premier gold 2014-2015?
Topic Started: May 21 2014, 01:05 AM (15,492 Views)
ReggieBoy
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
O'MalleyFC and chriskeens, I love your photo's - your collections are impressive. Can I ask - do you display any of your rainbows, or do you just hide them away in a box under the stairs?
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List
ReggieBoy's Forum Feedback
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ReggieBoy
101 Card
chriskeens
May 19 2015, 09:08 AM
Mine are currently boxed up, however I do have plans to get some sort of shelves/frame to display them at some point in the near future.
It seems such a shame to have such an impressive collection of cards hidden away. I'd be interested to hear how you eventually end up displaying them Chris - or from any others that have similarly impressive collections (because I personally hate the idea of spending a lot of money and me not being able to enjoy looking at them quickly and easily in a regular way).
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
I'm loving your Burnley collection as well Bibster. I can't help but be jealous because your photo's make my collection seem pitiful by comparison!

It must be great knowing you've got the best Premier Gold collection of Burnley cards in the world.

I guess it's kind of nice knowing (and I mean this in a nice way) that you could really splash out because there was a high probability that your team would get relegated. And who knows, they might not appear on such a high-end collection for a long time to come. Had you not splashed out, in years to come - you'd look back and may have regretted not going 'all in'.

Hopefully we'll see your team back in the top flight soon.

I'm interested in something that Chris said that it really annoys him that he missed out on a few cards. Can I ask, is this something that card collectors just get used to and it gets easier to deal with? I want to go for every 1/1 and printing plate for my team, and it's simply not practical. But where do you draw the line? Do you decide an absolute top limit price and never go above that. Or do you find that you end up spending way more than you wanted to, and are annoyed with yourself for doing so?
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
Without intending to incur the wrath of Portlaw (who obviously has strong Villa connections)....

Questions have to be asked of the Aston Villa contracting strategy, when you allow a loop-hole of an 8M release clause on one of your best (if not THE best) player at the Club.

I find it strange how football fans always vilify players for leaving their Club for two or three times the wages they are currently on - when not one of them wouldn't change jobs at the drop of a hat if they were offered the same kind of wage increase from another employer.

It's a shame to see yet another promising player's career effectively finish, because I predict he'll only feature in a handful of Man City games over the next few years. I reckon he'll be driving back to Villa Park (in a much fancier motor) in 4 or 5 years time to try and 'resurrect' his once promising career....

Nice card BTW Portlaw. I'd snap it up if I were a City fan!!!
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Premier Gold 2014 · Next Topic »
Add Reply