Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Limited Editions
Topic Started: Aug 16 2014, 01:17 PM (3,307 Views)
safariman
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I just want to get some ideas on what collectors would prefer topps to do regarding the distribution of limited editions. I think last seasons choice to issue limited editions for subscriptions was not a winner for topps and that few actually subscribed or completed their subscription for the limited at the end. I think they should go back to putting limited editions in special boxes at special stores and also more in magazines and multipacks. I think it would be better as well to have say 15 set limited Editions or even 20 (1 special player from each team) and make the production numbers on some lower than others so there are harder ones to get. They should also make it a lottery as far as what might be in packets in magazine (not just the same one on a set week) and boxes, multipacks and starter packs. I think it will make collecting more fun and also will be good for topps.

Any rate just my ideas would love to hear others

Tracitradings - The home of Discounted Trading Cards - www.tracitradings.co.uk

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Last season from a collectors point was poor and just seemed a money grabbing exercise from Topps. Hopefully they learned a few lessons.

jayce101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I would prefer to see randomized limited editions in starter packs, boxes, tins and magazines
one from each club would be better rather than just the usual suspects

safariman
101 Card
Seems like we are on the same page Jayce101 - think it will be good for everyone and good for topps

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
A wider variety would go down great but Topps seem to have a limited pool they prefer to choose from

safariman
101 Card
Hopefully topps monitor this forum as they will be the winners from more sales and the collectors will be the winners collecting a better collection. Panini have proved most avid collectors don't back away from large numbers of limited editions. So I definitely think topps can increase the numbers of limited editions.

davowls
101 Card
what about other kyle walker limited editions

Renko
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think the subscription limited editions were a big success for Topps as they now have however many thousand people paying 8.45 a month to subscribe.

I didn't like 3 limited editions of players

I would like a range of clubs getting limited editions - not just the little kids/armchair fans' teams

I would like a broader range of players - so not Gerrard yet again!

Bring back Championship Match Attax!

Then for 2016-17 season League One Match Attax :-/

safariman
101 Card
Yes I hope they get rid of the 3 limited editions of the 1 player and produce more options from different teams - I think Lampard has been the best player of the premiership for a long time and he deserves a legend limited on the year of his leaving - just my opinion

matchattaxmasters22
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Yeah. I disliked the Bronze, Silver, Gold versions of one limited edition but don't mind trying to buy as many binders as I can to get different LE cards.

Not expecting them to make 70 Limited editions but I think 10 would be great. Or even 20.
Trade List
Feedback
Wishlist

Check my wishlist and PM me if you want to trade. Cheers!
COMPLETED COLLECTIONS:
Match Attax 10/11, 10/11 EXTRA, 11/12, 14/15
Adrenalyn XL 2014 World Cup
TRUSTED TRADERS:
Rollcollector // gt6943 x2 // CharlesHK // spurs.attax x4 // Shuqiran // ho123wang // jamesalex // thomasfo // watts27 // Matt // mszaby x2 // robjones1973 // xavi101 // lordfa9 // kgarnett x2 //gp#3 //

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I don't mind the Gold, Silver and Bronze Limited Editions so much, but i hope they do them differently so that for example players from Burnley, Leicester, Q.P.R, West Brom, Aston Villa and Crystal Palace had Bronze Limited Editions. Players from Hull City, Sunderland, West Ham, Stoke, Swansea, Southampton and Newcastle had Silver Limited Editions and finally players from Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Everton and Spurs had Gold Limited Editions!

Like people have said i am also sick of seeing the same players getting Limited Edition cards each year, like Gerrard and Tim Cahill in the past!
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CardSwapper1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Tim Cahill was only done so many times in the past due to his popularity in Australia. I must admit though he had a lot. But I think Everton defiantly need an LE this year. Not had one since 10/11

matchattaxmasters22
Member Avatar
Masters Card
CardSwapper1
Aug 20 2014, 10:54 PM
Tim Cahill was only done so many times in the past due to his popularity in Australia. I must admit though he had a lot. But I think Everton defiantly need an LE this year. Not had one since 10/11
True. Everton deserve a LE for their performance recently.
Especially Baines or even Barkley.

I don't think Man Utd should really get one but if they do, not sure who it could be. Hopefully it's Juan Mata but I am doubting it.
Trade List
Feedback
Wishlist

COMPLETED COLLECTIONS:
TRUSTED TRADERS:
Rollcollector // gt6943 x2 // CharlesHK // spurs.attax x4 // Shuqiran // ho123wang // jamesalex // thomasfo // watts27 // Matt // mszaby x2 // robjones1973 // xavi101 // lordfa9 // kgarnett x2 //gp#3 //

safariman
101 Card
Maybe De Gea - with players like Smalling in front of him he deserves more than a limited edition

matchattaxmasters22
Member Avatar
Masters Card
safariman
Aug 21 2014, 11:42 AM
Maybe De Gea - with players like Smalling in front of him he deserves more than a limited edition
Yeah. De Gea has been deserving a rare card for a while now.

If they put Rooney, or RVP, it'll just be a bit too expected but for the past year, De Gea (winning the Player of the Year) is probably the best player in the team.
Trade List
Feedback
Wishlist

COMPLETED COLLECTIONS:
TRUSTED TRADERS:

CardSwapper1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I think Baines was meant to be getting a 100 club last season or the season before but the cancelled it :rant

safariman
101 Card
I just hope Hart doesn't get a 100 club or limited again this season

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I think the starter will be guaranteed a Limited Edition from Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City as they're the clubs that get people interested and those clubs sell.

safariman
101 Card
Will probably be Man City they are the title holders - maybe toure

FootballCardsIN
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
there are apparently 18 limited editions according to this site- http://www.matchattax.com.au/season1213/

Adrenalynxl9
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
FootballCardsIN
Aug 22 2014, 05:40 PM
there are apparently 18 limited editions according to this site- http://www.matchattax.com.au/season1213/
Great find!!! I wonder if the injury and angent card will be available in normal packs?

jayce101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
FootballCardsIN
Aug 22 2014, 05:40 PM
That means it will be six different players unless they get really creative and go for 18 different (I doubt it)

safariman
101 Card
We can only hope for 18 different from a range of teams which would be great but I guess they will go for the easy route 6 players Gold Silver Bronze and it will be the same old teams again Man U chelsea Man City Arsenal and maybe Tottenham - I hope I am wrong

alanaman
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Its bronze silver and gold again. It says so on the link where it talks about the binder and the tin. Tactic cards look good for matchplay.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Same old same old expected then, not surprised given its a bit of a cash cow for them and the magazines who distribute the Limiteds for them. Just hope they don't cock up like last year with the Walker card.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
alanaman
Aug 24 2014, 11:36 AM
Its bronze silver and gold again. It says so on the link where it talks about the binder and the tin. Tactic cards look good for matchplay.
The info in the link seems to be based on last years info. I think there is some guess work going on! Perhaps the Gold, Silver and Bronze will appear this year, but until Topps confirm the details, I wouldn't trust that link as gospel.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

caveboydave
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
new info half of the new players will be missing players still at old club cards
lots of new photo shop cards and the gerrard / hart / wilshere / toure and fingers crossed a tim cahill if he comes back limited edition cards
cant wait

Adrenalynxl9
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
caveboydave
Aug 24 2014, 05:12 PM
new info half of the new players will be missing players still at old club cards
lots of new photo shop cards and the gerrard / hart / wilshere / toure and fingers crossed a tim cahill if he comes back limited edition cards
cant wait
Where did you get this from?

CardSwapper1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
caveboydave
Aug 24 2014, 05:12 PM
cant wait
What are you on about?! "fingers crossed a tim cahill if he comes back" Theres no chance Cahill is coming back the Prem now, Nobody has even mentioned him coming back

safariman
101 Card
Info on the new collection seems to be a lot quieter this season normally by this stage we have a lot more info
Edited by safariman, Aug 30 2014, 11:19 AM.

graham
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
im sure the people running topps used to work for mi5. with the lack of information they give out

Adrenalynxl9
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Perhaps there will be info on tomorrow's motd mag for the preview pack???

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I would think it would be a week to soon for a preview pack to be advertised with the magazine, it will probably be advertised in next weeks issue (9th September) with the Preview pack being released the following week (16th of September). But you never know with topps they have done some strange and interesting things in the past
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Did we not have 3 issues with preview packs last year? 1st pack with the Trophy and some error cards and then the other 2 weeks with just base?

If so, then there could be news tomorrow of them being included in the 9th September issue. This then leaves the 16th and 23rd (week of release) for 2 other packs.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Adrenalynxl9
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes, I do believe there were 3 preview packs

davowls
101 Card
did not say anything about free match attax for next week in this weeks mag

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
Click have just posted http://instagram.com/p/shWkwaR6kf/ on Instagram. One limited edition in every box...
Check out our store for more than just football cards - Collectabubble

KoNiKo
Member Avatar
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
harrodjon
Sep 4 2014, 11:02 AM
Click have just posted http://instagram.com/p/shWkwaR6kf/ on Instagram. One limited edition in every box...
wow very nice!!
My web
My official facebook page (KoNiKo Colecciones)
@KoNiColecciones

Zabolek
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Is it (nice)? Hopefully, you don't have to buy 18 boxes to collect all the Limited Editions!
My feedback thread
My Wishlist
My Tradelist

KoNiKo
Member Avatar
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Zabolek
Sep 4 2014, 11:43 AM
Is it (nice)? Hopefully, you don't have to buy 18 boxes to collect all the Limited Editions!
nice info and design :fing :fing
My web
My official facebook page (KoNiKo Colecciones)
@KoNiColecciones

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 14/15 · Next Topic »
Add Reply