Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topps Fantasy Team
Topic Started: Sep 29 2014, 12:18 AM (22,063 Views)
ReggieBoy
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My guess is the reason the scores have not been updated yet, is that they intend to add the QPR v Spurs score onto the midweek fixtures just past. Had that been communicated by Topps, then I guess a lot of folk would have included Spurs players in their sides (because most of us avoided Chelsea and Spurs thinking they both only had one fixture due to the League Cup Final).

I think there won't be any cards issued this week (just like in a normal FA Cup weekend), and it'll be back to normal as of next weekend (14th March).

All of the above is my take on it, and I may have got it completely wrong. It's a shame that Topps can't put a simple one sentence on their website to ensure total clarity.

If I've got it wrong, and they are issuing cards this week - then my top tip is to fill your side with Spurs and QPR players!!! :sf4
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List
ReggieBoy's Forum Feedback
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ReggieBoy
101 Card
I await with interest to see how Topps decide to award cards next week. If the midweek scores (from 3rd and 4th March) weren't counted within the scores that have been updated today..........does that mean we can assume they are going to be added onto the QPR v Spurs game in next Saturday's update?!!!

Or will they just count the QPR v Spurs game, and forget that the midweek games actually existed?!!!

Or will they randomly select some FA Cup games to score points in?!!!

Who knows.... :rant

I actually enjoy logging on after the update, not having a the foggiest clue whether my team has had a good, bad or indifferent score. But it's hardly 'fair' when we're picking a team based on fixtures that end up not having any relevance to that weeks total!!!!

On a side-note, I personally think with a little bit more effort next season, Topps could make this a really attractive and significant add-on to collecting the Match Attax cards. I would love it to be given more advertising, more prestigious prize for the overall Top 5 or 10 points-scorers throughout the season. If the Pro 20 cards were a better quality and were included in the official check-list, it would surely make them far more desirable amongst the masses.
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
So the points accrued on the midweek fixtures as well as the QPR v Spurs game last weekend have now mysteriously not been counted, with no update on the site this week? I suppose it's just as well there's not a big prize for winning the thing at the end because there'd be an outcry right now if that were the case. I really don't understand how hard it can be for a company the size of Topps to run this competition simply, putting up easy-to-understand explanations of which games do and don't count each Gameweek, so that it's a level playing field for everyone, and we all know which team we're meant to be picking from one week to the next.
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
Is anyone else still missing some of their Pro 11 cards for week commencing Saturday 28th February? I had a few turn up last Saturday (28th March), but I'm still missing five. And to confuse matters further, I definitely received some cards from week commencing 14th March in amongst my 28th Feb winners!! :shrug
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
Am I the only person waiting for weeks and weeks of winners cards? Has anyone received w/c 21st March or 4th April yet? I'm still outstanding cards from w/c 28th February and 14th March. Have Topps actually run out of these Pro 11 cards, and do they simply not like me?!!! :rant
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
I had an absolute nightmare of a week, and for the first time since I started playing (that was my 9th attempt) - I failed to win a card :rant . Too many unlucky picks in my team (Clyne, Sturridge, Remy etc). I also can't believe the amount of folk who picked Aguero seeing as he was away at Man United and had been mince the previous five weeks! (Oh, how I wish I had a crystal ball!!!!).

My highest score of 57 was not good enough to win a card. Here's hoping for better luck this week...
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
You're making assumptions everton fc that graham has filled his team with Liverpool and Chelsea players!

He could easily have 65 points if his team is filled with Hull City and Leicester City players.

You could of had 75 points with nine to play from this (5-2-3) line-up for instance!!!
Schmeichel (9)
Chester (6)
Dawson (6)
Morgan (6)
Konchesky (6)
Skrtel (5)
Cambiasso (5)
Hazard (4)
Vardy (8)
Aguero (8)
Pelle (12)

FWIW, my teams are nowhere near the 65 point total - much nearer BigErnst and bibsters totals!!!
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
Apologies everton fc - my bad (I clearly didn't read graham's original post correctly!).

OK - I reckon he could of gone for something like this then (5-3-2)...

Mignolet (8)
Terry (5)
Azpilicueta (5)
Cahill (5)
Skrtel (5)
Lovren (5)
Hazard (4)
Henderson (4)
Sterling (4)
Aguero (8)
Pelle (12)

Anyway, by my calculations - I think you could have more than 42 points with nine players from Chelsea and Liverpool (as the above example shows).

ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
Well I went for Charlie Austin up top, cos I fancied him to run riot against West Ham (he got minus 1). Looked a decent pick on paper, so shows you how much I know!!! Just as well Murray (from Crystal Palace) isn't in the Fantasy game otherwise I'd have gone for him as well!!! :rant
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
I didn't think I'd done well, but everton fc's post has given me hope!!! My lowest score from five was 80 (and that was with Austin up top!!!). I've done pretty badly the last couple of weeks though - so here's hoping this week will make up for it...
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
I got the joint top score last week (with 95), and won with every team (the first time I've managed that).

However, this week I think I'll be onto plums cos I included De Gea, Blind, Mata, Vardy, Rooney and Skrtel in various teams instead of loading up on the Chelsea defence as everton fc quite rightly chose to do (it's so easy to pick a good team in hindsight isn't it?!!!!).

So Phild - I feel your pain!!! :rant
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
As suspected - looks like I'm onto plums!!!

52, 54, 55, 60 & 65 for me
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
I reckon going all-out on the Man City defence is a slightly risky strategy everton fc - but undoubtedly one which will result in you winning lots of cards should QPR fail to hit the back of the net. An Austin penalty will ruin your day though!!!

I reckon Demichelis may make way for Kompany (who is rumoured to be back) - although personally I think it should be Mangala who is dropped (as he's been absolutely mince so far!). Also, I'm not convinced Milner will start. I reckon it'll be a midfield five of Fernandinho, Fernando, Toure, Silva and Navas). It wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong though!!

You obviously also fancy Arsenal to run riot against Swansea? I'm surprised you've not gone for Benteke at home to West Ham though over one of the two Arsenal forwards. He's on a great run of form.

The beast from Belgium is in pretty much all of my teams along with Aguero. Then I've gone a mixture of Lukaku, Giroud, Sanchez, Kane, Rooney, Ulloa and Vardy for that third slot. I've spread the defence mainly between Man City and Chelsea (with the occasional Everton or Hull player thrown in for variety).

Good luck everyone - hope your teams are successful...
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
Yeah Zissou, chriskeens is right - it's simply because they've not been into their team that week and picked a Pro 11 card. I was away last week, and only managed to get into my teams just before the midday deadline. I managed to select a card for about half my teams but didn't make it in time for the other lot (four of which would have won a Pro 11 card if I'd had a few minutes more)!!! :rant
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
No, Schmeichel is the only card Topps don't have at the moment (I know because I got a delivery last week containing all the other 19 players and a note saying Schmeichel will follow).
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
I can't believe bibster managed to finish top with such a honking score (44)!!! Her nearest challenger bottled it with a horrible score (35).

Well done bibster. I really hope they run a similar competition again next year - cos I'll be gunning for ya!!! :wink
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
Ahhh, I'm gutted for you bibster - and here was me wrongly cheering on Tough Soccer Dogs. I now feel completely stupid because I've just seen the name of the 2nd placed team. School-boy error on my part!!!

I've said it before, but I really feel Topps should expand this element of their Match Attax product, because I'm convinced if they put up a decent prizes, and advertised it better - it would definitely encourage more sales. I reckon prizes should go to the top three at least. A Premiership Club signed shirt, Club merchandise, cash prizes, even some kind of real top quality card for the managers who manage to win all twenty Pro 11 cards with their account.
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
I got the top three scores this week (79, 77 & 73) in my teams!

I hope they change the rules next season and limit the amount of players you are allowed to pick from one team. Also, they should s***Censored*** the subs (because they're pointless), and increase the value of the top players so that it's much harder to pick the exact players you want each week.
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 14/15 · Next Topic »
Add Reply