Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Signed Olivier Giroud cards at WH Smiths
Topic Started: Oct 3 2014, 03:22 PM (2,768 Views)
Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I may have missed this, but I just found out that there are Signed Olivier Giroud MotM cards at WH Smiths:

Topps - Match Attax 2014-15 (14) Olivier Giroud

-
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Alan
Oct 3 2014, 03:22 PM
I may have missed this, but I just found out that there are Signed Olivier Giroud MotM cards at WH Smiths:

Topps - Match Attax 2014-15 (14) Olivier Giroud

-
Great spot Alan!
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm hoping the actual card carries an authenticity sticker
Check out our store for more than just football cards - Collectabubble

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
VERY INTERESTING......

The small print says 'Guarenteed one signed card per store'

REALLY?

My local wh smith is tiny and only usually has half a dozen starter packs.

I'll be in their first thing tomorrow!!

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
saying that I found Joe Hart signed in there earlier this year so could be true.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
My wife works at a small WH Smiths (you can guess where from my username). They had some more starter packs delivered today, not many apparently. To be honest I'm not bothered myself as I'm not an Arsenal collector, but most small stores won't have many in stock so it wouldn't be too hard to find the one. You could even buy them one at a time, go outside and open it, then if not lucky then buy the next one. At her shop all the sticker albums and card binders are kept on a shelf behind the counter so you can't tamper with them undisturbed.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Does anyone know if there will be a sticker on these starter packs, advertising the chance of winning a signed card? Or will the new stock look the same as the previous?
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

rishgoon
Member Avatar
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nice card, hopefully it does have the Topps hologram on it as well.
"I went back to my hotel and intended to watch Tottenham on television - but I fell asleep" - Arsene Wenger

Posted Image

MY BUCKET
MY WANTLIST
MY FEEDBACK

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Tollyman
Oct 3 2014, 03:46 PM
VERY INTERESTING......

The small print says 'Guarenteed one signed card per store'

REALLY?

My local wh smith is tiny and only usually has half a dozen starter packs.

I'll be in their first thing tomorrow!!
Just spoke with Topps and yes it is Guarenteed 1 signed card per store .. there is over 500 stores nationwide .. so there will be quite a few around at some point,but as some stores will take more than 1 delivery of starter packs then there is no way of knowing which delivery the special starter pack will be in.
So there is no guarentee of finding one if you buy every starter pack in your local store.
Trusted traders

Rob PBS,Omeshm,Poolstar,Stevewaters,cjchelsea x2,pnchocolates x4,JoelMangsa,l1sboa x3,Juvefc x3,thekop10,masterofmatchattax,Jayce101 x9,Arsenal101 x2,palmerme1 x4,Mark Bradford (U.K),Adz97 x3,Ryan100 x2
Jamesalex,Blizzard x3,PriceySNR,llpalm08,NeilB x4,44gwilson,spursdave x3,Liam123,bibster x8,match attax crazy,Koda,matchattaxfan4 x3,matchattaxmad,mufc17,swapit x4,ilytorres9 x2,hattersfan x4,sham,NIAMHUSLFC07,ho123wang x2,matchattaxfanatic x4,victor meldrew,chris.jlee x3,turboboy94 x2,Sickone95 x2,swapmaster97 x2,Adz1197,matchattaxmaster11,garystephens x2,Oafcforever x2,CharlesHK x3,Cocacolaman75 x2,hotspurs95,Tankerton1 x2,Littlehammer,Matchattaxmasters22 x2,Sentai101,Heycallumj x2,monkey76x3,holden8klasnic17 x4,Phild,Futbol_Cards,watts27 x3,vorronin,markschmeichel,alanaman,kimmeh_d,richt11,paradogs77,Darbo x2,artsefa x2

Tradelist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7111723/1/

Wishlist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7119187/1/

Zabolek
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It may be so, but some stores will only take 1 delivery, so to make sure there is one special starter pack per store, it has to come with the first delivery. That still doesn't guarantee you will find one by buying every starter pack in your local store, as someone could just have gotten there quicker than you, but it increases that likelihood.
My feedback thread
My Wishlist
My Tradelist

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Zabolek
Oct 6 2014, 09:44 AM
It may be so, but some stores will only take 1 delivery, so to make sure there is one special starter pack per store, it has to come with the first delivery. That still doesn't guarantee you will find one by buying every starter pack in your local store, as someone could just have gotten there quicker than you, but it increases that likelihood.
Yes i`m sure some stores will only take 1 delivery .. in fact i would guess most stores would only have 1 delivery of these starter packs,with the exceptions being major city stores.
Trusted traders

Rob PBS,Omeshm,Poolstar,Stevewaters,cjchelsea x2,pnchocolates x4,JoelMangsa,l1sboa x3,Juvefc x3,thekop10,masterofmatchattax,Jayce101 x9,Arsenal101 x2,palmerme1 x4,Mark Bradford (U.K),Adz97 x3,Ryan100 x2
Jamesalex,Blizzard x3,PriceySNR,llpalm08,NeilB x4,44gwilson,spursdave x3,Liam123,bibster x8,match attax crazy,Koda,matchattaxfan4 x3,matchattaxmad,mufc17,swapit x4,ilytorres9 x2,hattersfan x4,sham,NIAMHUSLFC07,ho123wang x2,matchattaxfanatic x4,victor meldrew,chris.jlee x3,turboboy94 x2,Sickone95 x2,swapmaster97 x2,Adz1197,matchattaxmaster11,garystephens x2,Oafcforever x2,CharlesHK x3,Cocacolaman75 x2,hotspurs95,Tankerton1 x2,Littlehammer,Matchattaxmasters22 x2,Sentai101,Heycallumj x2,monkey76x3,holden8klasnic17 x4,Phild,Futbol_Cards,watts27 x3,vorronin,markschmeichel,alanaman,kimmeh_d,richt11,paradogs77,Darbo x2,artsefa x2

Tradelist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7111723/1/

Wishlist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7119187/1/

rishgoon
Member Avatar
100 Club
Anymore news on this? Has anyone pulled one yet?
"I went back to my hotel and intended to watch Tottenham on television - but I fell asleep" - Arsene Wenger

Posted Image

MY BUCKET
MY WANTLIST
MY FEEDBACK

dvsgooner
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just won it on ebay! Like Ashley Young last season the card is different than from the advertising.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Match-Attax-14-15-Autograph-Issue-Olivier-Giroud-Ultra-Rare-/201215294876?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=8RK70342FeMvmz6%252BVZgP%252BjEgZYA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Thankfully the ending price was only 97...

glenntan
i-card
[ *  * ]
Saw that one too mate. Was going to go harder but looked at the condition of the card. :|
Good price though.

I am hoping a few mint condition ones get listed soon.

dvsgooner
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If the condition is too bad I will have to get another! Hopefully it won't be an issue.

GBD1981
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
strange one this is. Why have they released 2 versions? as there is the MOTM card on ebay now as well! 500 start price

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arsenal-Olivier-Giroud-Match-Attax-Topps-Cert-Signed-Autographed-14-15-Very-Rare-/131351275383?pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Football_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item1e95256777
I have a number of signed Match Attax cards for sale including

13/14: Ashley Young, Wilshere Sport Relief and Wilshere 100 Club
World Cup 14: Joe Hart, Vlaar, Paulinho, Wilshere standard, Wilshere MOTM with sticker on signature & Wilshere MOTM without sticker signature
14/15: Olivier Giroud MOTM card

Pm if interested & discounts available for buying multiple cards

dvsgooner
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just saw that! And I'm not really happy about it (financial wise). Why is it so hard for Topps to announce that they will release two different versions? Are they just lazy or don't give a s**t!?

rishgoon
Member Avatar
100 Club
97 is a decent price mate. I'm going to hold out for his Topps Premier Gold auto, surely won't be as expensive.

Posted Image

MY BUCKET
MY WANTLIST
MY FEEDBACK

graham
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
GBD1981
Nov 16 2014, 05:51 PM
not quite sure that the signed base card rings true pretty slap dash the way the signed sticker overlaps the hologram
or is that just me. also the signed man of the match was known about but nothing about a signed base card

GBD1981
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
yeah I'm not convinced the base card is really either

World Cup 14: Joe Hart, Vlaar, Paulinho, Wilshere standard, Wilshere MOTM with sticker on signature & Wilshere MOTM without sticker signature

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
It seems ok to me. Wilshere had a base and motm signed card in the World Cup set (I'm not sure if both were known about) and if you look at the Paulinho card here it was pretty rushed as well with how off center the stickers were stuck on. http://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.ie/2014/06/topps-match-attax-england-2014-7.html
Edited by Portlaw, Nov 17 2014, 01:27 PM.
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album

ErenSA
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Portlaw
Nov 17 2014, 01:20 PM
It seems ok to me. Wilshere had a base and motm signed card in the World Cup set (I'm not sure if both were known about) and if you look at the Paulinho card here it was pretty rushed as well with how off center the stickers were stuck on. http://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.ie/2014/06/topps-match-attax-england-2014-7.html
I don't think my Paulinho signature looks to bad ;)

jaxattax
100 Club
As ridiculous as the signed gold ones they gave away earlier this year.
Undermined those who collected from day 1.

dvsgooner
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have seen four of the signed base cards for sale at ebay already. It makes me think they are not as rare as signed cards usually are. And the signed Giroud MOTM might be more rare than the base?

GBD1981
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Got a MOTM one! Hoping it keeps its value if they are going for 300 odd online! Hope they dont release hundreds of them!

robjones1973
101 Card
GBD1981
Jan 5 2015, 09:46 PM
Got a MOTM one! Hoping it keeps its value if they are going for 300 odd online! Hope they dont release hundreds of them!
Was there anything different about the packing this card came in. I noticed there are two different starter packs in WH Smiths. One has writing along the top of the bag and is available in all shops, but there is a different starter pack with no writing along the top of the packet. Do you know which one you got the card in? Was the card in the packet or loose in the pack?
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7157425/1/#new - Wishlist

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7157435/1/#new - Tradelist

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7160901/1/#new - Trading Feedback

Trusted Traders -

GBD1981
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nearly sold now! Up to 315 on eBay, with an hour to go so I've got my money back on the card. Change in circumstances forced the sale :(
Edited by GBD1981, Mar 11 2015, 06:29 PM.

JackW
100 Club
Does anyone know where I can get the signed Giroud cards from...can't find anything on ebay or anywhere else!!
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

GBD1981
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
PM'd you Jack

FootballCardsExtravagansa
100 Club
Do You Have One?

GBD1981
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've got 1 of each. The MOTM and the standard one. The MOTM one is damaged though unfortunately. Wasnt looked after so well by previous owner

JackW
100 Club
GBD1981
May 26 2015, 04:19 PM
I've got 1 of each. The MOTM and the standard one. The MOTM one is damaged though unfortunately. Wasnt looked after so well by previous owner
Hi
How much would you consider selling the cards for...particularly the MOTM?
Could I see the condition also please
Thanks
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

TaylorJones999
i-card
[ *  * ]
i am also interested in buying and signed match attax cards, email me on taylorreecejones@yahoo.com

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 14/15 · Next Topic »
Add Reply