Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topps Swap Event at Smyths Thanet
Topic Started: Oct 28 2014, 11:48 AM (611 Views)
Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi Everyone

Yesterday i took myself and my brother along to topps Swap Event at Smyths Toy Store at Westwood Cross Thanet, which is about 20-30 minutes from where i live. We went as it was advertised you could play the match attax master there, so are aim was to come away with two master cards. We arrived at 10:00 am an hour before it had opened and we went along and i spoke to the guy they had sent down topps who was a little stressed so i offered to help him set up. He took up my offer and i explained how long i had been collecting the cards for etc. and he then asked me if i wanted to stay for the full 5 hours and help him out and be the master and teach anyone that came along how to play! I of course accepted and was then given a Match Attax Polo/T-Shirt to put on and helped him get the tables and banner ready for the event. 11 O'clock rolled along and we soon had 3 or 4 people turn up who hadn't played before, so i taught them how to play, explained the rules and then let them get there teams ready so they had the chance to play against me. This followed a similar pattern for the whole day, as we had no more than 30 people to turn up to play. Only 4 people wanted to challenge me as the master as most people hadn't played the game before so as the master i only actually played 4 games but won them all comfortably by at least 8-3 or more. So i helped pack up and for my efforts for the day and my brother Harry for hanging around for so long we were both given a Master Card! This was a brilliant result and we were both very pleased with the outcome, as neither of us had to face a 'master' to win the cards!! Topps and Smyths at Thanet (as im sure other Smyths are around the country) are now holding weekly/fortnightly swap events and competitions and topps have given Smyths a great big box of Game Ready packs which included 14 players + 1 tactic card, to give out to people who want to join in but don't have a team with them.

We both thoroughly enjoyed the day and it was great that i was able to pass on my tips and expertise to some of the younger collectors that turned up! This means that now we both have master cards we wont be attending the Milton Keynes Topps Festival tomorrow.

Will anyone attend or has anyone attended one of the Topps Swap Events that topps have held Smyths Toy Stores around the country so far other than me?
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Yeah i mentioned that it was poorly advertised, i said that it only appeared on the events section of the toppsfootball.co.uk website and a half a page in the mini mag with the starter packs. One of the Smyths employees said there was a poster up in store which he pointed out to me but it was absolutely tiny!!
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I'm afraid so Mega, good luck to Harry today hopefully he can beat the master.

@adrenalynxl9 yes we will both be there in April, see you then
Trade List Wishlist

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
@FootballCards Extravagansa, thats not good that they were giving master cards away for FREE!! How many did they have to give away??
Trade List Wishlist

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 14/15 · Next Topic »
Add Reply