Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topps Premier Club 2015
Topic Started: Dec 2 2014, 04:19 PM (7,653 Views)
Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A new set, different from Premier Gold 2014, due out January 2015...

Topps - Topps Premier Club 2015

Lots of autographs, including Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale, Diego Costa....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Can understand the negativity from some but personally I think they are fine with the exception of the printing plates which is a joke, they have gone down well with the people who asked me for them before they were released.

Autographs as usual will settle at a lower price but as usual prices start off high upon release.

Seems at times that no matter what a company does to try something different people are not happy.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Phild
Feb 26 2015, 12:42 PM
Can understand the negativity from some but personally I think they are fine with the exception of the printing plates which is a joke, they have gone down well with the people who asked me for them before they were released.

Autographs as usual will settle at a lower price but as usual prices start off high upon release.

Seems at times that no matter what a company does to try something different people are not happy.
I'm pretty sure the big point of negativity is the re-use of same auto's instead of going and getting something different, a lot of the same players over 3 high end releases most of which are well down on fans want list
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
The companies have to use up what they have as well as adding new items. It would be better if they were all on card to avoid any overstock and avoid complaints.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The autos do look very nice (nicer than Premier Gold). I was disappointed that this years Premier Gold parallels weren't 'reflective' (foiled), so the orange, or green was just a printed colour rather than foil. Saving pennies needlessly when people want quality.

Re Premier Club, if an ebay seller buys a box for circa £130, and only gets one auto, a few club badges and a few emeral green superstars, it is going to be very hard for them to set price points where they don't just make losses on each box. A £30 auto start price is sadly inevitable and probably 50% of the base cards per box won't be sold unless they literally bundle them up and sell at break-even.

Really should have been more foil parallels or autos per box to make it viable

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I doubt Topps will be to bothered about the get rich quick sellers to be honest

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Topps shouldn't have asked the players to sign as many as they did. Get enough of the player for that years set (or if he is popular for the next as well) and move onto next years and get new players. All they did was saved money and didn't care about what the collector wants. The on card auto's would be a much better idea as you say

My remarks about stepping up their game ties back back to the premier gold set. I preferred the official look of the 2013 set and wasn't a big fan of this years base design. I like the base cards from the premier club much better than this years premier gold though.

I never picked up a Guzan auto I was going to keep from the premier gold sets so will look for one of his in this club set
Edited by Portlaw, Feb 26 2015, 12:57 PM.

amigo
101 Card
Dorking
Feb 26 2015, 12:47 PM
The autos do look very nice (nicer than Premier Gold). I was disappointed that this years Premier Gold parallels weren't 'reflective' (foiled), so the orange, or green was just a printed colour rather than foil. Saving pennies needlessly when people want quality.

Re Premier Club, if an ebay seller buys a box for circa £130, and only gets one auto, a few club badges and a few emeral green superstars, it is going to be very hard for them to set price points where they don't just make losses on each box. A £30 auto start price is sadly inevitable and probably 50% of the base cards per box won't be sold unless they literally bundle them up and sell at break-even.

Really should have been more foil parallels or autos per box to make it viable
I am sure that 'some' online dealers get much cheaper price,and for them,it's better to open boxes

than to sell them.As far as I am concerned,the final price here from tier-2 distributor is definitely far less

than the amount that is equivalent to GBP130.Thus,me thinking Topps provide considerable profit margins with dealers,

but the initial pulling results sharply dampen their interest and profitability.I have to finger-cross that my box would end up

an autograph from a top-4 club at least.
Goonerz,Oranje Supporter, hablo español

man_utd1979
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Phild
Feb 26 2015, 12:51 PM
I doubt Topps will be to bothered about the get rich quick sellers to be honest
No Topps aren't out to make people some quick money and I don't think that is an issue with anyone here. If this £50/60 per box, we'd all be saying it is a nice looking, decent value product. The fact is , it's close to £150 per box and really offers little for the money. I agree with Portlaw that the original premier gold had nicer appearance than the mk2, and I also think these premier club autos do look nice but for a set builder or someone hoping to pull an autograph card for THEIR collection.... This is a very over priced product in terms of comparing with Premier gold and that is a fact. Nice looking set? Yes. Great to have another football release? Yes
Value for money spent? Goodness No
Posted Image
UPPER DECK MANCHESTER UNITED AUTO'S
ALWAYS WANTED TO BUY
My PC Website: http://manchesterunitedcollection.webs.com/

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
If you think this is over-priced then lets hope companies don't bring out the Super Premium products they bring our for other sports in the US.

I asked the question to Topps earlier on their Facebook page about the printing plates but for some reason it seems to have been removed so i've asked again.

Can you tell me why all the printing plates are blue please with just a sticker on the back saying THIS IS THE ACTUAL "insert colour " PRINTING PLATE USED TO MANUFACTURE THE 2014/2015 TOPPS PREMIER CLUB CARDS. Yet in Premier Gold the plate is the colour it states on the label on the rear. If the sticker says Magenta for example the plate is magenta.

Await their reply with interest.

man_utd1979
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Phil, I am not out to slam Topps..let's be very clear about that. I am pointing out the obvious, I also understand that you are a reseller of the product hence your vehement defense of it, as a collector not a seller I don't see how the price is justified. Charge a premium price give a premium product simple. My fear is this will fail and that they may not bother going back to the drawing board. As for the premium US sport sets, it's not comparable as many US card companies only look at US sports unfortunately. Hopefully this is starting to change. I like aspects of premier club just not the price. Nothing more nothing less. This is not aimed at you or topps, just an observation of facts and figures.
Posted Image
UPPER DECK MANCHESTER UNITED AUTO'S
ALWAYS WANTED TO BUY
My PC Website: http://manchesterunitedcollection.webs.com/

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I know nothing is aimed at me and I do see where you are coming from.

I am not a defender of Topps by any means and this collection has faults, printing plates being the main issue for me. I don't think they have thought about the whole collection as much as they should and a couple of other items should have been included but I don't think its as bad as its being made out either.

The point I was making about the US sports premium items is that some build them up with all these rookie/ auto cards included and you open it and find a rookie or auto that is worthless as soon as the packet is open, its one of the main reasons I stopped collecting them myself.

APF
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Phild
Feb 26 2015, 01:57 PM
If you think this is over-priced then lets hope companies don't bring out the Super Premium products they bring our for other sports in the US.

I asked the question to Topps earlier on their Facebook page about the printing plates but for some reason it seems to have been removed so i've asked again.

Can you tell me why all the printing plates are blue please with just a sticker on the back saying THIS IS THE ACTUAL "insert colour " PRINTING PLATE USED TO MANUFACTURE THE 2014/2015 TOPPS PREMIER CLUB CARDS. Yet in Premier Gold the plate is the colour it states on the label on the rear. If the sticker says Magenta for example the plate is magenta.

These plates have had no ink on them, so they are NOT the actual plates used for the cards.
The blue colour is the original colour of the plates prior to press.

I'm a litho printer and work with plates daily.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
APF
Feb 26 2015, 04:06 PM
Phild

These plates have had no ink on them, so they are NOT the actual plates used for the cards.
The blue colour is the original colour of the plates prior to press.

I'm a litho printer and work with plates daily.

I saw your post yesterday but didn't want to mention that to them straight awa. That was going to be my follow up :D

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The thing is, I'm not so sure that this really is a premium set at all. It seems very similar to the Premier Gold set from America, where the average cost of an autograph card was so much lower for effectively the same thing. It's a shame really, because this would have been a good product had we not already been able to get what we wanted from the Gold set a couple of months earlier.
Posted Image
Gareth Bale autographs now available!

ReggieBoy
101 Card
Well for what it's worth - I received my delivery from Click Distribution today and I really like the cards.

I'm new to collecting, so accept that you guys may have seen lots of better sets. But for me, the buzz of opening my first ever box of premium (even though ashleyyoungFTW disagrees!) set and waiting to find out which autograph card I'd pulled was great.

I got lucky and managed to pull a printing plate as well, so am delighted with my beginners luck!! :clap

I need to ask a 'stupid' question - but can someone tell me exactly what size toploader box and storage sleeves suits these types of cards. I need to store them well otherwise my four year old will spread them out all over the floor like she does regularly with the Panini World Cup sticker spares!!!
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List
ReggieBoy's Forum Feedback

rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So all the printing plates are exactly the same just with a different sticker on the back?! That's poor...
Wanted:

Merlin Ireland 2002 / Kevin Kilbane mini sticker (Walkers)

Topps Total Football 2009 / SHSS 394 - Kenwyne Jones / Sunderland redemption card

Panini Jeans Fussball 1977 / Sunderland badge

Quadriga Soccer Stars 83 - 84 / 221 Colin West, 222 Leighton James

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
They are not 'exactly the same' as I will illustrate below, but there's something not right about them for sure.

Wilshere Black plate:-

Posted Image

Wilshere Yellow plate:-

Posted Image

......so they aren't identical for sure.

However from experience with Premier Gold, you'd expect a yellow plate to look a lot darker and 'less blue' !

chriskeens
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dorking
Feb 26 2015, 09:29 PM
They are not 'exactly the same' as I will illustrate below, but there's something not right about them for sure.

Posted Image

Posted Image

However from experience with Premier Gold, you'd expect a yellow plate to look a lot darker and 'less blue' !

Maybe they are the correct plates for each colour... They just look like no ink has ever been applied to them.
Edited by chriskeens, Feb 26 2015, 09:38 PM.
My Premier Gold 2014 Everton Collection
(Wanted for this collection: Howard Auto 'Base' '/99' and any Everton '1/1')

My Premier Gold 2014 (auto) Collection

My Premier Club 2015 Everton Collection

Wishlist: here // Selling: here // Tradelist: here // Trading feedback: here (eBay Feedback here)

rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dorking

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ah! Thanks for adding the pics - makes a bit more sense now!
Wanted:

Merlin Ireland 2002 / Kevin Kilbane mini sticker (Walkers)

Topps Total Football 2009 / SHSS 394 - Kenwyne Jones / Sunderland redemption card

Panini Jeans Fussball 1977 / Sunderland badge

Quadriga Soccer Stars 83 - 84 / 221 Colin West, 222 Leighton James

APF
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
chriskeens
Feb 26 2015, 09:37 PM
Dorking

Posted Image

Posted Image

Maybe they are the correct plates for each colour... They just look like no ink has ever been applied to them.
My theory is that they either couldn't be bothered to clean the plates of residue ink
or
they have thrown the original plates away by accident or this whole idea was an after thought.
Either way they have run out another set of plates. Which have been nowhere near a press or ink.

Apart from the plates the rest of the cards in this serious are really cool.

APF
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
rhinorays
Feb 26 2015, 09:44 PM
Dorking

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hold on a minute that black plate is actually magenta or Yellow - since when did arsenal wear a black shirt.

APF
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
APF
Feb 26 2015, 09:55 PM
rhinorays
Feb 26 2015, 09:44 PM
Dorking

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hold on a minute that black plate is actually magenta or Yellow - since when did arsenal wear a black shirt.

The second image is actually the black plate

chriskeens
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I decided against buying a box of these. Managed to get the Howard auto, 7 Everton base cards, the international star, the superstar, the future star and the badge for relatively little money. I don't think I'm going to bother with the green parallels so I just need the Jagielka auto and I'm done.

I really like the design of the cards, although I am a little disappointed with the thickness of the cards... I was expecting a little thicker.

Wishlist: here // Selling: here // Tradelist: here // Trading feedback: here (eBay Feedback here)

harrodjon
Member Avatar
101 Card
A box of these is £150, A box of Premier Gold is £200. (Both at RRP)
Club gives you a total of 250 cards per box, Gold gives you 50. So as to which is better value, it clearly depends on the type of collector you are.
If you are someone that wants to complete the set, club is a better option as one box pretty much does this. If you are chasing autographs, then Gold is clearly the way to go.
As for the quality of the cards, these are higher quality than Match Attax but not as good as Gold. Given the cost per card, surely that is how it should be and some people are just expecting too much from this collection?
Edited by harrodjon, Feb 27 2015, 11:38 AM.
Check out our store for more than just football cards - Collectabubble

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Phild

Had a reply from Topps this morning regarding the plates

The Premier Gold collection is produced by the US and the Premier Club collection is produced by the UK.

Due to this different suppliers have been used to produce the plates used in the printing process and hence the fact that they are different colours in appearance, however the end result is the same as the plates are specifically issued to the colour of ink that they are going to be used with. Therefore the Magenta Plate will only be used with magenta ink regardless of the colour of the plate.

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Phild
Feb 27 2015, 11:45 AM
Phild

Had a reply from Topps this morning regarding the plates

The Premier Gold collection is produced by the US and the Premier Club collection is produced by the UK.

Due to this different suppliers have been used to produce the plates used in the printing process and hence the fact that they are different colours in appearance, however the end result is the same as the plates are specifically issued to the colour of ink that they are going to be used with. Therefore the Magenta Plate will only be used with magenta ink regardless of the colour of the plate.

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Thanks Phil.

Can we presume they've been washed clean? I would presume that there would be ink residue if they had been used. I'm still a little sceptical. I've always thought of printing plates as being the actual plates used in the printing process.

I was also surprised to see Premier Club is a completely UK product, nothing to do with the US. Yet we hear about if first from Japan and the USA.

Edited by Alan, Feb 27 2015, 12:03 PM.

monkey76
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I know when they released a list of autos ages ago that I was pleased to see Jack Cork was one of them. Now he is at Swansea, And looking on ebay a card is out with him in his Saints kit. Is there an others out there with players moved on to new clubs?

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
monkey76
Feb 27 2015, 11:57 AM
I know when they released a list of autos ages ago that I was pleased to see Jack Cork was one of them. Now he is at Swansea, And looking on ebay a card is out with him in his Saints kit. Is there an others out there with players moved on to new clubs?
Samuel Eto'o and Wilfried Bony I think are the only two others unless i've missed any

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
monkey76
Feb 27 2015, 11:57 AM
Scott Sinclair is in his City kit but now with Villa (albeit only on loan at Villa)

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Received my cards today (thanks Neil Goulding!), great design, the thickness was quite a surprise - was expecting them to be like Premier Gold, but it's back to Match Attax thickness cards! Oh well, still a nice set to collect.

Portlaw
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Just noticed the stadium in background of the superstar subset which I think looks great, this set is slowly growing on me

amigo
101 Card
chriskeens
Feb 25 2015, 03:04 PM
Just to keep track of the auto numbers...

1. Tim Howard - Everton /50
2. Frank Lampard - Chelsea
3. Paulinho - Tottenham
4. Kyle Walker - Tottenham
5. Jack Wilshere - Arsenal
6. Mesut Ozil - Arsenal
7. Phil Jagielka - Everton
8. Marouane Fellaini - Man Utd /50
9. Steven Gerrard - Liverpool
10. Jordan Henderson - Liverpool /50
11. Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd
12. Tim Krull - Newcastle /50
13. Frazier Campbell - Crystal Palace /125
14. Gareth Bale - Tottenham /11
15. John Barnes - Liverpool
16. Gianfranco Zola - Chelsea
17. Paul McShane - Hull /99
18. Ashley Young - Man Utd
19. Andreas Weimann - Aston Villa
20. Brad Guizan - Aston Villa
21. Yannick Bolasie - Crystal Palace /100
22. Scott Sinclair - Man City /100
23. Conner Wickham - Sunderland /100
24. James Collins - West Ham /100
25. Ashley Cole - Chelsea
26. Ramadel Falcao - Man Utd
27. Diego Costa - Chelsea
28. Didier Drogba - Chelsea
29. Steve Sidwell - Stoke /130
30. Bobby Zamora - QPR /125
31. Maya Yoshida - Southampton /100
32. Danny Rose - Tottenham /100
33. Sandro - QPR /120
34. Paul Konchesky - Leicester /120
35. Nathaniel Chalobah - Burnley /120
36. Nathan Dyer - Swansea /100
37. James Ward-Prowse - Southampton /100
38. Jack Colback - Newcastle /100
39. Mikel Arteta - Arsenal /50
40. Jason Puncheon - Crystal Palace /120
41. Jack Cork - Southampton /120
42. Michael Dawson - Hull
43. Ryan Mason - Tottenham /120
One of Gerrard autograph of 8 was pulled here.So it's interesting to see whether

there would be lower-quantity of one specific player.Maybe C.Ronaldo 1 of 1? :blink: :blink:

Mobius7379
i-card
[ *  * ]
Let me know if anyone interested in selling topps premier club 2015 gerrard /8 ...
$$$ ready ....

JZX100
i-card
[ *  * ]
I am interested in buying that Gerrard signature card that was pulled on here, can you pm me. Thanks

cardmonster
Member Avatar
Inventiveness
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think they will ship Premier Club to bigger stores, where there is more space. Whereas Match Attax Extra will probably be available everywhere, because it has a wider audience and is generally more popular among the public.

Futhermore, I believe that Topps bring in the big money via Match Attax sales, because they are just bought so much. Therefore, they will make sure it is available everywhere.
My Wishlist // MyTradelist // My Feedback

Football Cards | Pack Openings | Maildays : My YouTube channel: Trading Cards Turkey - Subscribe Now

arevmelikyan@outlook.com - e-mail for trades

amigo
101 Card
amigo
Feb 28 2015, 11:29 AM
chriskeens
Feb 25 2015, 03:04 PM
Just to keep track of the auto numbers...

1. Tim Howard - Everton /50
2. Frank Lampard - Chelsea
3. Paulinho - Tottenham
4. Kyle Walker - Tottenham
5. Jack Wilshere - Arsenal
6. Mesut Ozil - Arsenal
7. Phil Jagielka - Everton
8. Marouane Fellaini - Man Utd /50
9. Steven Gerrard - Liverpool
10. Jordan Henderson - Liverpool /50
11. Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd
12. Tim Krull - Newcastle /50
13. Frazier Campbell - Crystal Palace /125
14. Gareth Bale - Tottenham /11
15. John Barnes - Liverpool
16. Gianfranco Zola - Chelsea
17. Paul McShane - Hull /99
18. Ashley Young - Man Utd
19. Andreas Weimann - Aston Villa
20. Brad Guizan - Aston Villa
21. Yannick Bolasie - Crystal Palace /100
22. Scott Sinclair - Man City /100
23. Conner Wickham - Sunderland /100
24. James Collins - West Ham /100
25. Ashley Cole - Chelsea
26. Ramadel Falcao - Man Utd
27. Diego Costa - Chelsea
28. Didier Drogba - Chelsea
29. Steve Sidwell - Stoke /130
30. Bobby Zamora - QPR /125
31. Maya Yoshida - Southampton /100
32. Danny Rose - Tottenham /100
33. Sandro - QPR /120
34. Paul Konchesky - Leicester /120
35. Nathaniel Chalobah - Burnley /120
36. Nathan Dyer - Swansea /100
37. James Ward-Prowse - Southampton /100
38. Jack Colback - Newcastle /100
39. Mikel Arteta - Arsenal /50
40. Jason Puncheon - Crystal Palace /120
41. Jack Cork - Southampton /120
42. Michael Dawson - Hull
43. Ryan Mason - Tottenham /120
One of Gerrard autograph of 8 was pulled here.So it's interesting to see whether

there would be lower-quantity of one specific player.Maybe C.Ronaldo 1 of 1? :blink: :blink:
Sorry,the Gerrard of 8 has been sold by my friend.

You guys have to wait for another popping up.

Lampard autograph is of 8,which has been pulled out.

Any one see Ozil or Wilshere autograph? :blink:

If it´s the jersey number limited,that could be of 11,and of 10 respectively.

that would trigger C.R 7 of 7,the collection biggest hit.

chriskeens
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
amigo
Mar 2 2015, 06:10 AM
amigo
Feb 28 2015, 11:29 AM

Sorry,the Gerrard of 8 has been sold by my friend.

You guys have to wait for another popping up.

Lampard autograph is of 8,which has been pulled out.

Any one see Ozil or Wilshere autograph? :blink:

If it´s the jersey number limited,that could be of 11,and of 10 respectively.

that would trigger C.R 7 of 7,the collection biggest hit.
Both Ozil and Wilshere autos are on Kazu... Also seen Jagielka, Falcao and Zola!

I've updated the list with the numbers.

Here are Falcao & Zola's cards...

Posted Image
Posted Image

ethan11
Member Avatar
Legend card
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Anyone intrested in trading me an auto?

S_Milligan
Member Avatar
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So for the number of cases produced, from Alans check list (although the Auto print runs are not complete). With a low estimate, assuming the unknown players (8 of them) have only 10 each thats a total of 2790 Autos.

6 Boxes in a case: 465 Cases.

Or using the printing plate ratios provided which are 1:156 Packs

Total number of printing plates 892
Total Packs = 14k
Total Box 2.8k
469.7 Cases

*1:156 is the probability of getting any printing plate, not the probability of getting a specific colour of a specific set.

Individual printing plates by colour of the following sets would have the probabilities:

Base 1:962
Future Stars 1:13.5k
Superstars 1:6.7k
International Stars 1:13.5k
Autograph Printing Plates 1:3.1k
100% Free Football Card Price Guide - www.PriceGuide.Cards. Now also on Facebook

amigo
101 Card
Posted Image

I am lucky to get both plate and autograph from 1 box.Though my aim at pulling out an Arsenal autograph

fails,the result seems not too bad.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Topps Premier Club 2015 · Next Topic »
Add Reply