Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topps Premier Club 2015
Topic Started: Dec 2 2014, 04:19 PM (7,655 Views)
Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Release delayed until March. No doubt to try and avoid out of date players at old clubs

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
ReggieBoy
Feb 25 2015, 10:22 AM
I ordered cards from Click Distribution on Monday shortly after their e-mail came out bringing the release date forward (to 24th February).

They have not deducted any money from my credit card yet, which tells me they have not received the cards and they are certainly not dispatched yet.

Certain individuals are selling them on eBay just now saying they are in stock now, but I doubt this is the case.

Today Click Distribution sent an e-mail saying their website is going down for an upgrade from Friday 27th February to Wednesday 4th March (which seems a very long time to get a new system operational...normally I would expect it within 24hrs).

I hope I am wrong, but my money is on these cards not turning up as hoped before the weekend. :fing
Cards were received by Click yesterday and dispatched yesterday, mine will be with me today as I guess many others will be.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
amigo
Feb 25 2015, 02:16 PM
Any sample picture of plate?
Posted Image

It states BLACK PLATE on the back, I have an Ander Herrera which states YELLOW on the back but both the same colour

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Can understand the negativity from some but personally I think they are fine with the exception of the printing plates which is a joke, they have gone down well with the people who asked me for them before they were released.

Autographs as usual will settle at a lower price but as usual prices start off high upon release.

Seems at times that no matter what a company does to try something different people are not happy.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
The companies have to use up what they have as well as adding new items. It would be better if they were all on card to avoid any overstock and avoid complaints.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I doubt Topps will be to bothered about the get rich quick sellers to be honest

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
If you think this is over-priced then lets hope companies don't bring out the Super Premium products they bring our for other sports in the US.

I asked the question to Topps earlier on their Facebook page about the printing plates but for some reason it seems to have been removed so i've asked again.

Can you tell me why all the printing plates are blue please with just a sticker on the back saying THIS IS THE ACTUAL "insert colour " PRINTING PLATE USED TO MANUFACTURE THE 2014/2015 TOPPS PREMIER CLUB CARDS. Yet in Premier Gold the plate is the colour it states on the label on the rear. If the sticker says Magenta for example the plate is magenta.

Await their reply with interest.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I know nothing is aimed at me and I do see where you are coming from.

I am not a defender of Topps by any means and this collection has faults, printing plates being the main issue for me. I don't think they have thought about the whole collection as much as they should and a couple of other items should have been included but I don't think its as bad as its being made out either.

The point I was making about the US sports premium items is that some build them up with all these rookie/ auto cards included and you open it and find a rookie or auto that is worthless as soon as the packet is open, its one of the main reasons I stopped collecting them myself.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
APF
Feb 26 2015, 04:06 PM
Phild
Feb 26 2015, 01:57 PM
If you think this is over-priced then lets hope companies don't bring out the Super Premium products they bring our for other sports in the US.

I asked the question to Topps earlier on their Facebook page about the printing plates but for some reason it seems to have been removed so i've asked again.

Can you tell me why all the printing plates are blue please with just a sticker on the back saying THIS IS THE ACTUAL "insert colour " PRINTING PLATE USED TO MANUFACTURE THE 2014/2015 TOPPS PREMIER CLUB CARDS. Yet in Premier Gold the plate is the colour it states on the label on the rear. If the sticker says Magenta for example the plate is magenta.

These plates have had no ink on them, so they are NOT the actual plates used for the cards.
The blue colour is the original colour of the plates prior to press.

I'm a litho printer and work with plates daily.

I saw your post yesterday but didn't want to mention that to them straight awa. That was going to be my follow up :D

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Phild
Feb 26 2015, 01:57 PM

Had a reply from Topps this morning regarding the plates

The Premier Gold collection is produced by the US and the Premier Club collection is produced by the UK.

Due to this different suppliers have been used to produce the plates used in the printing process and hence the fact that they are different colours in appearance, however the end result is the same as the plates are specifically issued to the colour of ink that they are going to be used with. Therefore the Magenta Plate will only be used with magenta ink regardless of the colour of the plate.

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
monkey76
Feb 27 2015, 11:57 AM
I know when they released a list of autos ages ago that I was pleased to see Jack Cork was one of them. Now he is at Swansea, And looking on ebay a card is out with him in his Saints kit. Is there an others out there with players moved on to new clubs?
Samuel Eto'o and Wilfried Bony I think are the only two others unless i've missed any

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Topps Premier Club 2015 · Next Topic »
Add Reply