Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topps Premier Club 2015
Topic Started: Dec 2 2014, 04:19 PM (7,468 Views)
Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A new set, different from Premier Gold 2014, due out January 2015...

Topps - Topps Premier Club 2015

Lots of autographs, including Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale, Diego Costa....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
dvsgooner
Dec 2 2014, 04:21 PM
Fabregas should be Chelsea, not Arsenal.
Thanks, I think I'm living in the past....

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
harrodjon
Feb 23 2015, 12:32 PM
Release brought forward to tomorrow

but still no checklist....

Topps - Topps Premier Club 2015 (02)

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
robjones1973
Feb 23 2015, 06:15 PM
Does anyone know what shops will stock these yet?

I'd be surprised if any of my usual sources (W.H. Smith, McColls, Tesco) will stock these, but I'll check them out tomorrow.

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Off out in search of these around my neighbourhood, anyone found any of these yet?

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
harrodjon
Feb 24 2015, 03:46 PM
Click haven't despatched any until today, so wouldn't expect them anywhere until tomorrow.
These aren't being distributed through the news trade, so won't end up in WH Smiths, McColls or supermarkets. You may find them in some independent toy stores and possibly Smyths or The Entertainer. Both took Prizm, so if that did wel for them, I would expect them to take up these too.

Thanks for letting us know. I'm not surprised, I don't think newsagents would shift many at 3 a packet. I won't waste my time looking for these then.

I see Click is now showing them as 'Sold Out'

-
Edited by Alan, Feb 24 2015, 04:19 PM.

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Despite being labelled as Black, Cyan, Magenta and Yellow, they all look BLUE!!!!

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
man_utd1979
Feb 26 2015, 11:55 AM
safariman
Feb 26 2015, 09:10 AM
Think a lot of money is going to be lost for people who bought lots of these boxes - glad I decided to give it a miss
Fully agree.... also noticed no jersey cards! Plates seem much easier to come by than stated odds and quite possibly aren't even genuine production used printing plates. I have a lot of premier gold plates and you can see that they were used. At the price point I am afraid these are a flop. Unless you pull a Ronaldo or #1/11 Bale that sold, you are in for a tough time. 130+ for a box that realistically will have a 15-20 autograph card is pretty rubbish. As a serious man united collector I have almost no interest in buying Falcao, Fellaini and Young autos again for more than 20-25 a piece. Most listed thus far are asking from 50+ for Fellaini, and I expect they will do the same for Falcao and Young... they will be sitting til they are dusty at more than 30 odd I am afraid. Topps need a red card for this release purely on price point. Whilst I live in Australia, I feel this release was put out to fleece the English market and that saddens me as a collector. Roll on Donruss 2015 next month and this premier club will be long forgotten.

I think they brought this forward because they knew it wouldn't compare to the Donruss Soccer collection when that comes out. I think that release frightened them into action.

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Phild
Feb 27 2015, 11:45 AM
Phild
Feb 26 2015, 01:57 PM
If you think this is over-priced then lets hope companies don't bring out the Super Premium products they bring our for other sports in the US.

I asked the question to Topps earlier on their Facebook page about the printing plates but for some reason it seems to have been removed so i've asked again.

Can you tell me why all the printing plates are blue please with just a sticker on the back saying THIS IS THE ACTUAL "insert colour " PRINTING PLATE USED TO MANUFACTURE THE 2014/2015 TOPPS PREMIER CLUB CARDS. Yet in Premier Gold the plate is the colour it states on the label on the rear. If the sticker says Magenta for example the plate is magenta.

Await their reply with interest.
Had a reply from Topps this morning regarding the plates

The Premier Gold collection is produced by the US and the Premier Club collection is produced by the UK.

Due to this different suppliers have been used to produce the plates used in the printing process and hence the fact that they are different colours in appearance, however the end result is the same as the plates are specifically issued to the colour of ink that they are going to be used with. Therefore the Magenta Plate will only be used with magenta ink regardless of the colour of the plate.

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Thanks Phil.

Can we presume they've been washed clean? I would presume that there would be ink residue if they had been used. I'm still a little sceptical. I've always thought of printing plates as being the actual plates used in the printing process.

I was also surprised to see Premier Club is a completely UK product, nothing to do with the US. Yet we hear about if first from Japan and the USA.

Edited by Alan, Feb 27 2015, 12:03 PM.

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Still haven't seen an Ashley Cole auto yet.

Anyone?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Topps Premier Club 2015 · Next Topic »
Add Reply