Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topps Premier Club 2015
Topic Started: Dec 2 2014, 04:19 PM (7,464 Views)
Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This Premier Club set seems to be along similar lines to Premier Gold, but with the UK in mind.

However with the internet and ebay, serious card collectors in the UK were more than capable of getting hold of all the Premier Gold cards we wanted (albeit spending a small fortune in postage and customs charges along the way if you were collecting a large number of variations)

Premier Gold does have the added complication/hassle of all the different limited number variations of each card, right down to printing plates, blank backs and so on. It doesn't look like Premier Club will have that level of complexity, so a lot 'easier' (and more satisfying) in that many collectors will be able to 'complete' a set of cards relating to their team.

Unless of course I've missed something, and Premier Club will have 1/1's, 1/10's and so on.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
No I think MA Extra will continue as it covers all the January signings (albeit some have to be done via free cards in The Sun newspaper) - Premier Club is probably already fully printed as we speak before a single new signing has been made

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
In other words, they won't start production until after deadline day 31 Jan

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Can't wait! (although I don't think they will be as nice as Premier Gold)

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Alan will have the checklist sussed within 24hrs (and thats just from ebay listings etc)!!!!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Maybe Topps just want this sold and out of the way before Match Attax Extra comes out?

Whilst they are very different levels of product, there is only so much space on retailers shelves and they know Club is mainly for adults, so will have a quicker turnover, whereas the predominantly kids product (MA) will hang around for ages.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Oh joy, printing plates again. Think I'll just stick to the cards (although I suspect Topps will test my resolve by issuing 'blank backs'!) and try not get addicted again!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
man_utd1979
Feb 25 2015, 10:48 AM
Let's see if they magically appear in China/Hong Kong ebay seller lists before anyone elses like nearly every other release regardless of who was "supposed " to get them first.
At least one Hong Kong seller had them uploaded to ebay for sale yesterday afternoon! I guess they buy literally pallet loads from Topps, so are being looked after by Topps, but maybe on the condition that they don't upload them to ebay etc until the UK orders are fulfilled???

Overall impression is that it is quite a 'nice' collection – looks a lot better quality than Match Attax, yet without the ridiculous number of variations for each card that you get with Premier Gold.

I’d still say Premier Gold is the better collection, as it has the jersey cards, dual jerseys, auto jerseys, and last year even quads. Some seriously nice parallels with Premier Gold if you are either really lucky, great at swapping, or don’t mind paying the $$$ !!!

Premier Club does have the green parallel plus the printing plates for some cards so if you want to take it to the limit, there is some depth to the collection.

I suspect this year is a ‘test the water’ version, and next year if it has been a success then you will see more parallel colourways. Possibly also the club badges dropped, but maybe more ‘future stars’ cards , or even a different subset like managers?

A bit wierd if no 'actual' shops sell them, because if buying online it is so much easier to just order exactly what you want (eg full base set approx £75) rather than break a whole box for just one auto and a 1 in 3 chance of a plate.

£3 a pack takes them out of the reach of most 'kids', and to be honest its a pricey business when you start getting doubles at 60p a card.

So really don't know just yet, but I will certainly complete the 'standard' Crystal Palace cards, as there are only 3 autos, and each of the three Palace autos is limited to something like " /120"
so not too hard to do as worth about £20ish per auto or thereabouts.
Edited by Dorking, Feb 26 2015, 12:21 PM.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
The autos do look very nice (nicer than Premier Gold). I was disappointed that this years Premier Gold parallels weren't 'reflective' (foiled), so the orange, or green was just a printed colour rather than foil. Saving pennies needlessly when people want quality.

Re Premier Club, if an ebay seller buys a box for circa £130, and only gets one auto, a few club badges and a few emeral green superstars, it is going to be very hard for them to set price points where they don't just make losses on each box. A £30 auto start price is sadly inevitable and probably 50% of the base cards per box won't be sold unless they literally bundle them up and sell at break-even.

Really should have been more foil parallels or autos per box to make it viable

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
They are not 'exactly the same' as I will illustrate below, but there's something not right about them for sure.

Wilshere Black plate:-

Posted Image

Wilshere Yellow plate:-

Posted Image

......so they aren't identical for sure.

However from experience with Premier Gold, you'd expect a yellow plate to look a lot darker and 'less blue' !

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Received my cards today (thanks Neil Goulding!), great design, the thickness was quite a surprise - was expecting them to be like Premier Gold, but it's back to Match Attax thickness cards! Oh well, still a nice set to collect.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Autos already pretty rare on ebay

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Finally managed to buy the Frazier Campbell auto for a reasonable (BIN) price today. Just Bolasie auto to go. No rush whatsoever, happy to play the patient, waiting game LOL

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
The three Palace auto cards were all multiples of 100+ yet no more than 3 of each have ever seen ebay.

Compare to Premier Gold where you would expect even half of the /11 Palace cards (and even loads of 1/1's) to hit ebay and it tells me that the majority of manufactured cards never sold and are sitting in boxes somewhere (if not yet pulped)

Makes tracking down the rare cards even harder if less ever made circulation!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Topps Premier Club 2015 · Next Topic »
Add Reply