Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Glasgow swap and play tour 2015
Topic Started: Apr 8 2015, 09:37 AM (914 Views)
Adrenalynxl9
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Went to the Glasgow event yesterday, it was busy at the beginning but it got a lot quieter throughout the day, met up with pholla65 along with Lewis and Jake. I got to the final where i beat Lewis 6-5 which meant i won the event!
I had to restart my semi's match following a controversy regarding the injury card. Good luck for everyone who is going newcastle and bolton, I will be at villa and chelsea so I will see you there if you are going. Hopefully a few more FCF members will qualify too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

alanaman
Limited Edition
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well don Luke. See you at Villa Park.

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Congratulations Luke, me and Harry look forward to seeing you at Stamford Bridge on Saturday!
Edited by Tankerton1, Apr 8 2015, 03:50 PM.
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Adrenalynxl9
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tankerton1
Apr 8 2015, 03:49 PM
Congratulations Luke, me and Harry look forward to seeing you at Stamford Bridge on Saturday!
Are you just going to London this year?

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Afraid so Luke, would love to get to a few more, but it just hasn't been able to happen. Going into school tomorrow for an Easter AS revision session and then its just too expensive for me and H to get to them, but hopefully fingers crossed next year we will be able to go to the Birmingham and Manchester events as i would love to get to them!
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

jaxattax
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Took my son along who lost the quarter final to Luke.
Second year in a row he has lost in finals to the eventual winner.
He had him at 2-2 but evidently could not compete with Lukes older brain and lost out.
Seems wrong that the regional heats are open to anyone from the Uk.

The winner was not from Scotland and the Quiz winners were not from Scotland either.
There will not be any Scottish representation at the finals.

Really think Topps should look at age groups too.

Luke was twice the size of my 11 year old boy and clearly thinks differently from my son and the many other kids aged 7 - 12 who don't stand a chance of getting a big day out against guys like Luke. We were assured he was under 14, but everyone I spoke to thought he was older, but I accept that some kids just grow faster. Our 13 year old daughter was there, and she said he looked more like a senior than a third year, but that is just how it is I suppose and we console a very unhappy 11 year old lad who put a lot of time and effort into getting the best team possible.

We all spend hundreds, some even over 1000 on kids football cards each season. The tournaments are the only place they can really play the game properly, school playgrounds are not organised games with theft, cheating and risk of damage to best cards all off putting to players who want to go to tournaments to do well. We spent a lot of time on travelling, a hotel and everything else that goes with it and do feel really disappointed with the day out. The quiz was good, but our questions in the final round were a lot harder than the son and dads who won it. The Scottish cards and guest signer is a joke, not a big player whatsoever compared to who attends the English events.

Not sure if we will be collecting next season, but if we do, clearly lessons learned that you have to go to 3 events to stand a chance of getting through.

If Luke wins another regional tournament, how will they work out who else foes through??????

Jacks team for tournament -

5-3-2

GK - LLoris HC
DEF - P. Neville RB
DEF - Kompany/Demichales CITY DUO
DEF - Jagielka Captain
DEF - Terry/Cahil CHELS DUO
DEF - Zabaleta IM
Mid - Matic
Mid - Gold Hazard
Mid - Lampard
FWD - Sturridge 101
FWD - Sakho
sub - chambers
sub - taylor
sub - suk-young

Edited by jaxattax, Apr 9 2015, 10:14 AM.

Adrenalynxl9
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
jaxattax
Apr 9 2015, 10:07 AM
He had him at 2-2 but evidently could not compete with Lukes older brain and lost out.

The winner was not from Scotland and the Quiz winners were not from Scotland either.

Luke was twice the size of my 11 year old boy and clearly thinks differently from my son and the many other kids aged 7 - 12 who don't stand a chance of getting a big day out against guys like Luke. We were assured he was under 14, but everyone I spoke to thought he was older, but I accept that some kids just grow faster. Our 13 year old daughter was there, and she said he looked more like a senior than a third year, but that is just how it is I suppose and we console a very unhappy 11 year old lad who put a lot of time and effort into getting the best team possible.

We all spend hundreds, some even over 1000 on kids football cards each season. The tournaments are the only place they can really play the game properly, school playgrounds are not organised games with theft, cheating and risk of damage to best cards all off putting to players who want to go to tournaments to do well. We spent a lot of time on travelling, a hotel and everything else that goes with it and do feel really disappointed with the day out. The quiz was good, but our questions in the final round were a lot harder than the son and dads who won it. The Scottish cards and guest signer is a joke, not a big player whatsoever compared to who attends the English events.

Not sure if we will be collecting next season, but if we do, clearly lessons learned that you have to go to 3 events to stand a chance of getting through.

If Luke wins another regional tournament, how will they work out who else foes through??????

5-3-2

GK - LLoris HC
DEF - P. Neville RB
DEF - Jagielka Captain
DEF - Zabaleta IM
Mid - Matic
Mid - Gold Hazard
Mid - Lampard
FWD - Sturridge 101
FWD - Sakho
sub - chambers
sub - taylor
sub - suk-young

Hi, firstly I am 13 and I can't enter a tournament as there must be a different winner at each event

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Perhaps Topps should introduce some special awards for who gets furthest in particular age groups.

So perhaps there could be:

under 7's
under 9's
under 11's
under 12's
under 14's

ultimately the winner who goes through to finals will be whoever wins the tournament regardless of age but a small trophy/special card for each age group would give some of the youngsters a chance.
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here

jaxattax
100 Club
Adrenalynxl9 -

If you are 13, then congratulations.
There are no passports asked for, so the entry process is relaxed, therefore, there is no way of telling really.
However, the mental and emotional differences between you and my daughter (who is 13) and my 2 boys (both 11) in terms of decision making, concentration, and ability to manage pressure is massive.
The boys are finsihing primary school, but our girl is going into her 3rd year at high school. It does not seem fair to put kids as young as 7 and 8 against 13 year olds and it does not seem fair that people from southern England can come to scotland to graduate from a scottish venue to the national tournament.
My lad Jack feels like there is no point collecting next season at the moment and I feel that we are spending too much money on something that has consistently been disappointing for the last 2 years.

Jack was the best Scottish player at the tournament yesterday, easilly. He picked a great team and beat everyone except you and the other finalist (also English).
This is not right and we are writing a stern letter to Topps and the EPL about the situation.
Quiz was a joke in as well. Some of the questions were ridiculous.

What should have been a great day for EVERYONE, was basically just a money making promo event for topps that we tagged along for!

Poor.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
jaxattax
Apr 9 2015, 01:34 PM
Adrenalynxl9 -

There are no passports asked for, so the entry process is relaxed, therefore, there is no way of telling really.
However, the mental and emotional differences between you and my daughter (who is 13) and my 2 boys (both 11) in terms of decision making, concentration, and ability to manage pressure is massive.
The boys are finsihing primary school, but our girl is going into her 3rd year at high school. It does not seem fair to put kids as young as 7 and 8 against 13 year olds and it does not seem fair that people from southern England can come to scotland to graduate from a scottish venue to the national tournament.
My lad Jack feels like there is no point collecting next season at the moment and I feel that we are spending too much money on something that has consistently been disappointing for the last 2 years.

Jack was the best Scottish player at the tournament yesterday, easilly. He picked a great team and beat everyone except you and the other finalist (also English).
This is not right and we are writing a stern letter to Topps and the EPL about the situation.

What should have been a great day for EVERYONE, was basically just a money making promo event for topps that we tagged along for!

Poor.
Are you seriously suggesting that kids should have to bring a passport to prove their age and where they are from??

Is someone from Liverpool not allowed to win at Bolton or someone from Brighton not allowed to win in London? Because that's not where they are from or where they were born?

One of the funniest posts I have read on here for a long time...

Edited by bibster, Apr 9 2015, 01:45 PM.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liverpool8
Regular Card
[ * ]
I feel jaxattax has a point . The winner of the Scottish event should be Scottish , the northern Irish event Irish etc etc

As for ID , i reported a guy last year who tried to enter , he was 15 and they disqualified him .If you look older or close to 14 then you are supposed t bring ID as proof

jaxattax
100 Club
bibster
Apr 9 2015, 01:44 PM
jaxattax
Adrenalynxl9 -

Poor.
Are you seriously suggesting that kids should have to bring a passport to prove their age and where they are from??

Is someone from Liverpool not allowed to win at Bolton or someone from Brighton not allowed to win in London? Because that's not where they are from or where they were born?

One of the funniest posts I have read on here for a long time...

Bibster - yes I am absolutely serious and fail to see what is funny about bringing ID! The lad who won was at least 6 foot 1, and while I accept some kids grow fast, it did look suspect and was definitley a case for ID. The fact people were talking about it also justifies investigation in my opinion, but Topps guys said "he told us he is 13 so that is enough for us!".

There are 4 countries in the Uk interested in English football and the ROI also takes an interest in English football, so it makes perfect sense to me to have someone from each country representing at the overall UK final.

This is not a cheap hobby, and it does take a lot of peoples time to ensure their kids do it and collect.

To dismiss my post as one of the funniest you have read is a bit arrogant mate and I am disappointed that my feedback of the event is being dismissed in this way by you, and possibly others.

It might be easy for people in England to travel south and north for these events, but in Scotland and Northern Ireland it is all south and by some distance!

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
I cannot see how they can refuse kids from England the chance to play the tournament in Scotland. It is just not on. If a kid from Scotland had won at Bolton today, not a word would have been said. Because where someone is from is not important.

I appreciate you have spent a lot of money on cards and that you are disappointed that your son didn't win the tournament, but writing a letter to Topps and the Premier League will get you nowhere. No rules have been broken as far as I can see as the winner was within the age range allowed.

Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MOON TR1CKS
Member Avatar
i-card
[ *  * ]
jaxattax

5-3-2

GK - LLoris HC
DEF - P. Neville RB
DEF - Jagielka Captain
DEF - Zabaleta IM
Mid - Matic
Mid - Gold Hazard
Mid - Lampard
FWD - Sturridge 101
FWD - Sakho
sub - chambers
sub - taylor
sub - suk-young

I dont see why its unfair that luke won as if your son were to win in Newcastle would you complain that scots shouldnt be allowed to enter.Also Is it wrong for people dedicated to the game like luke to enter? I for example won in Cardiff last year but im english however it was also my final year as I was 14 so had I not gone to Cardiff I wouldnt have been able to fulfill my dream, so saying only scots should enter in scotland is a bit ignorant and unconsiderate.

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I agree with Catherine and Moon Tr1cks, i never got the chance to win a regional final, but each year, me and my brother went along and tried to win and even though we had spent a lot of money on the cards and to get to the events we both had thoroughly enjoyable days out and even though we lost each year, we learnt something each time and we got better each and by the end i was a regular regional finalist often getting to the last 4 of the London event and the same with Harry.

Topps have tried age groups before and it doesn't really work and most people recognise and understand that the older you are the more experienced you are so you should be better at the game, and when i played and beat children smaller than me i always tried to encourage them and give them tips which was always appreciated by them and their parents.

Everyone that takes the game seriously puts a lot of time and effort into their teams to try and win, but the expectation should never be that just because you have created the best team, it doesn't mean you win, you have to read the game and understand the changes as it progresses and again this is something that comes from age. I have helped Harry and spent a lot of time with him putting his team together for Saturday, but we aren't going there with the expectation he should or deserves to win and he s just happy he gets to compete in the tournament one last time and just wants to enjoy it!!!

I also think this thing about ID and areas is ridiculous, you shouldn't have to be from Scotland to go to and compete and at the Scottish event and the same for any other event for that matter. Explain this one to me, are you saying that someone who's English and moves to Scotland to live and wants to compete and win the Scottish event can't because he is English and not Scottish??? It just doesn't and shouldn't work like this i'm afraid!

Well done again Luke, a well and truly deserved, worthy winner!
Edited by Tankerton1, Apr 9 2015, 09:39 PM.
Trade List Wishlist

alanaman
Limited Edition
Dont be too dissapointed. I understand completly how dissapointed the kids can feel. My son lost in the semi final last year and the year before when he was 9 and 10. One of those years was to a guy called Shrey who traveled from England to compete in the Belfast event. It was however very valuable experience for him as he went back a little older and wiser this year and managed to win. The game is about more than picking a good team. It is about being able to use it and react to decisions made by your opponent. It does require know how and a level of intelligence which is perhaps beyond the younger kids. It is however great experience and when they are older this experience will stand them in good stead. Keep at it and dont let it put you off. Your son will be 13 before you know it and will have all these years of practice under his belt.

pholla65
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have 2 sons who play so how could I consider only going to 1 event? As for age I totally disagree as both of them beat me and last year Jake aged 9 beat Luke at Newcastle and got to the World finals. Also his older brother got to the world finals at the aged of 9 and was beaten there in the semi when all of the boys were 3 or 4 years older!

pholla65
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
jaxattax
Adrenalynxl9 -

Poor.
Yes the beaten finalist was English and a few months older than Luke! My son. He was playing to win a place in the final of The ENGLISH Premier league card game!!!

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
jaxattax
Adrenalynxl9 -

Poor.
This post absolutely SCREAMS sour grapes to me. Obviously I wasn't there so I can't know for certain one way or the other but quite frankly you have no way of proving he is over 13 just as he may have had no way of proving he was under 13 on the day. Demanding ID to enter a kid's trading card game is a little extreme, don't you think?

If you think your 11 year old has a disadvantage because 13 year olds are more mature, why don't you petition Topps to reduce the maximum age to 11? (Then, of course, you'll have parents of 9 year olds having the same problem!). Deciding not to collect just because you lost in the final does suggest to me that it's more about being a bad loser than anything.

Jack may well have been the best Scottish player there, but as far as I can see it was not the Scottish national championships, it was the regional heat and anyone that makes the effort to turn up should be allowed to enter (if you made the effort to go to, say, Manchester, and had not been allowed to enter Jack into it because he wasn't from Manchester I'm sure you'd be just as annoyed!). I'm sure the Premier League themselves will laugh off a letter that a trading card event allowed English people to enter.

What did you expect an event put on by a profit-making company to be anything OTHER than a "money making promo event"? They're not a charity, they're a company!
Posted Image
Gareth Bale autographs now available!

alanaman
Limited Edition
Its a bit hypocritical too as you say that english people should not be allowed to enter a scottish event but you moan when you get a player from the scottish league and not an english player. Confused.com

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
jaxattax

5-3-2

GK - LLoris HC
DEF - P. Neville RB
DEF - Jagielka Captain
DEF - Zabaleta IM
Mid - Matic
Mid - Gold Hazard
Mid - Lampard
FWD - Sturridge 101
FWD - Sakho
sub - chambers
sub - taylor
sub - suk-young

:sf4 :rofl :idiot

Best laugh i`ve had in ages
Edited by gt6943, Apr 11 2015, 06:48 AM.
Trusted traders

Rob PBS,Omeshm,Poolstar,Stevewaters,cjchelsea x2,pnchocolates x4,JoelMangsa,l1sboa x3,Juvefc x3,thekop10,masterofmatchattax,Jayce101 x9,Arsenal101 x2,palmerme1 x4,Mark Bradford (U.K),Adz97 x3,Ryan100 x2
Jamesalex,Blizzard x3,PriceySNR,llpalm08,NeilB x4,44gwilson,spursdave x3,Liam123,bibster x8,match attax crazy,Koda,matchattaxfan4 x3,matchattaxmad,mufc17,swapit x4,ilytorres9 x2,hattersfan x4,sham,NIAMHUSLFC07,ho123wang x2,matchattaxfanatic x4,victor meldrew,chris.jlee x3,turboboy94 x2,Sickone95 x2,swapmaster97 x2,Adz1197,matchattaxmaster11,garystephens x2,Oafcforever x2,CharlesHK x3,Cocacolaman75 x2,hotspurs95,Tankerton1 x2,Littlehammer,Matchattaxmasters22 x2,Sentai101,Heycallumj x2,monkey76x3,holden8klasnic17 x4,Phild,Futbol_Cards,watts27 x3,vorronin,markschmeichel,alanaman,kimmeh_d,richt11,paradogs77,Darbo x2,artsefa x2

Tradelist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7111723/1/

Wishlist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7119187/1/

jaxattax
100 Club
pholla65
Apr 10 2015, 07:09 AM
jaxattax
Adrenalynxl9 -

Poor.
Yes the beaten finalist was English and a few months older than Luke! My son. He was playing to win a place in the final of The ENGLISH Premier league card game!!!
Cards sold all over the world, teams supported all over UK, bought by Scots, Irish, Welsh and English.

jaxattax
100 Club
Not sour grapes, it is disillusionment with how things are! Surely if you dont like something and think it can be changed, you should have a go at bringing about change! Or are we all just sheep doing what a big company want us to do???!!!!!

I feel that kids who put time into this and get lots of cash spent on this by friends and family should have a bit more to look forward to once a year than what is current norm.

Someone said that Topps have tried age groups before and that it didnt work, in my book that is worth reviewing.
There were 13 heats in Glasgow, that is a lot of players trying to get to the finals. Kids were aged 7 - 13.
That must have been at least 40 - 60 kids having a go at getting into finals.
I imagine that there will be more at English events, maybe 50% - 100% more?
Therefore, it is highly likely that there are 300 - 700 different kids all over the UK and Ireland going to heats to tray and get to finals of some kind.
Only a few go to the big day out at the end.
If this is not a case for more kids being included, then I dont know what is.
Our son will be 12 next year, so he would have to play an older heat section, but for the many other little kids there should be more done.
If a 9 year old did well, great, but no doubt he is in a minority of kids capable of competing and/or beating most 13 year olds.
You can all dismiss this as nonsense, but what I am saying is true. Schools and organised sports associations operate with this understanding.
Maybe Topps could consider having half of the overall finals heat entrants come along from regional heats elsewhere along with the winners to try and get in?

This is supposed to be fun, but my kid did not find Glasgow as fun as he should have and most parents I spoke to felt it ws too much pressure in heats.

It could be better.

It should be better.

It would be easy to make it better!

jaxattax
100 Club
alanaman
Apr 10 2015, 11:23 PM
Its a bit hypocritical too as you say that english people should not be allowed to enter a scottish event but you moan when you get a player from the scottish league and not an english player. Confused.com
I moaned about who the player was.

As for location of entrants, pretty easy to sort out.

Passport and letter from topps confirming entry with name and address of eentrant on it.

If it can be done in kids football matches, then it can certainly be done for an annual event!

jaxattax
100 Club
ashleyyoungFTW
Apr 10 2015, 02:06 PM
jaxattax
Adrenalynxl9 -

Poor.
This post absolutely SCREAMS sour grapes to me. Obviously I wasn't there so I can't know for certain one way or the other but quite frankly you have no way of proving he is over 13 just as he may have had no way of proving he was under 13 on the day. Demanding ID to enter a kid's trading card game is a little extreme, don't you think?

If you think your 11 year old has a disadvantage because 13 year olds are more mature, why don't you petition Topps to reduce the maximum age to 11? (Then, of course, you'll have parents of 9 year olds having the same problem!). Deciding not to collect just because you lost in the final does suggest to me that it's more about being a bad loser than anything.

Jack may well have been the best Scottish player there, but as far as I can see it was not the Scottish national championships, it was the regional heat and anyone that makes the effort to turn up should be allowed to enter (if you made the effort to go to, say, Manchester, and had not been allowed to enter Jack into it because he wasn't from Manchester I'm sure you'd be just as annoyed!). I'm sure the Premier League themselves will laugh off a letter that a trading card event allowed English people to enter.

What did you expect an event put on by a profit-making company to be anything OTHER than a "money making promo event"? They're not a charity, they're a company!
Jack is at a huge disadvantage to compete elsewhere because of where he lives. He is not always with us all the time either because he lives full time with his mum, whereas I live with my partner and 4 other kids full time.
To go to other events would be expensive and a lot fo travelling.
We cannot afford to buy hotels, train tickets and do that in a short spce of time, the Easter holidays is for all 5 of my kids, not just Jack!

A lot of these posts are too dismissive for my liking, so probably best to just leave it at that and I will see where I get with what I have planned.

Thansk for all your feedback, keep grazing the corporate grass and doing as your told guys!

pholla65
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
jaxattax
Apr 11 2015, 10:07 AM
ashleyyoungFTW
Apr 10 2015, 02:06 PM
jaxattax
Adrenalynxl9 -

Poor.

Jack is at a huge disadvantage to compete elsewhere because of where he lives. He is not always with us all the time either because he lives full time with his mum, whereas I live with my partner and 4 other kids full time.
To go to other events would be expensive and a lot fo travelling.
We cannot afford to buy hotels, train tickets and do that in a short spce of time, the Easter holidays is for all 5 of my kids, not just Jack!

A lot of these posts are too dismissive for my liking, so probably best to just leave it at that and I will see where I get with what I have planned.

Thansk for all your feedback, keep grazing the corporate grass and doing as your told guys!
Hi Jaxattax on a serious note I would be devastated to think that me driving my kids up to Glasgow would stop your boy collecting Match Attax cards after the heartache and ultimately pleasure this game has given my family.

If I may I will explain why I do it and there are members on here that can confirm what I say:-

Four years ago at the Villa tournament a 6 year old boy entered for the first time and to everyones amazement he qualified for the last 16 knockout stages in the afternoon. This boy could barely see the cards on the table and was litterally playing boys twice his size and age. By the time he had reached the semi final there was quite a crowd watching him. He came up against a boy called Benji who was 13 and had been to every world finals up to that point. The little boy lost on the last card, puffed his cheeks, let out a big sigh picked up his cards and walked over to his dad. (Me) I got on my knees to console him as I thought he would cry but no he just said "I should have won but I played the last 3 cards wrong".

The next month he had to watch his older brother compete in the World Finals as he had qualified at Manchester. The next month was his 7th birthday and he asked if instead of a birthday party could he have money. This money sat in his piggy bank from June until October when he spent it all on Match Attax, Xmas the same and that went on the Extras. This has now gone on for 4 years.

Last year at his fourth season of competing and after 4 semi final and one finals defeat he got to the Final again at Newcastle. At the grand old age of 9 he won and got to go to the World Finals. The icing on the cake was that the boy he beat that day had been to the last 3 world finals, the boy he had had to watch for 3 years. His big brother. Before they got on stage that day to play the final he turned to his brother and said "if you let me win I will know and I will never forgive you"

This is why I drive to as many events as I can due to the dedication he has shown to this game.

Now the qualifiers have finished if you like I will explain the weeknesses of Jacks team and the tactics you need to stand a chance against the better boys?

Let me know Pete.

alanaman
Limited Edition
Well said Pete and an amazing story. Your dedication to the game and your boys enjoyment of it is a credit to you.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 14/15 · Next Topic »
Add Reply