Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Glasgow swap and play tour 2015
Topic Started: Apr 8 2015, 09:37 AM (868 Views)
bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
jaxattax
Apr 9 2015, 01:34 PM
Adrenalynxl9 -

If you are 13, then congratulations.
There are no passports asked for, so the entry process is relaxed, therefore, there is no way of telling really.
However, the mental and emotional differences between you and my daughter (who is 13) and my 2 boys (both 11) in terms of decision making, concentration, and ability to manage pressure is massive.
The boys are finsihing primary school, but our girl is going into her 3rd year at high school. It does not seem fair to put kids as young as 7 and 8 against 13 year olds and it does not seem fair that people from southern England can come to scotland to graduate from a scottish venue to the national tournament.
My lad Jack feels like there is no point collecting next season at the moment and I feel that we are spending too much money on something that has consistently been disappointing for the last 2 years.

Jack was the best Scottish player at the tournament yesterday, easilly. He picked a great team and beat everyone except you and the other finalist (also English).
This is not right and we are writing a stern letter to Topps and the EPL about the situation.
Quiz was a joke in as well. Some of the questions were ridiculous.

What should have been a great day for EVERYONE, was basically just a money making promo event for topps that we tagged along for!

Poor.
Are you seriously suggesting that kids should have to bring a passport to prove their age and where they are from??

Is someone from Liverpool not allowed to win at Bolton or someone from Brighton not allowed to win in London? Because that's not where they are from or where they were born?

One of the funniest posts I have read on here for a long time...

Edited by bibster, Apr 9 2015, 01:45 PM.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I cannot see how they can refuse kids from England the chance to play the tournament in Scotland. It is just not on. If a kid from Scotland had won at Bolton today, not a word would have been said. Because where someone is from is not important.

I appreciate you have spent a lot of money on cards and that you are disappointed that your son didn't win the tournament, but writing a letter to Topps and the Premier League will get you nowhere. No rules have been broken as far as I can see as the winner was within the age range allowed.

Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 14/15 · Next Topic »
Add Reply