Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Glasgow swap and play tour 2015
Topic Started: Apr 8 2015, 09:37 AM (867 Views)
pholla65
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have 2 sons who play so how could I consider only going to 1 event? As for age I totally disagree as both of them beat me and last year Jake aged 9 beat Luke at Newcastle and got to the World finals. Also his older brother got to the world finals at the aged of 9 and was beaten there in the semi when all of the boys were 3 or 4 years older!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pholla65
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
jaxattax
Apr 9 2015, 01:34 PM
Adrenalynxl9 -

If you are 13, then congratulations.
There are no passports asked for, so the entry process is relaxed, therefore, there is no way of telling really.
However, the mental and emotional differences between you and my daughter (who is 13) and my 2 boys (both 11) in terms of decision making, concentration, and ability to manage pressure is massive.
The boys are finsihing primary school, but our girl is going into her 3rd year at high school. It does not seem fair to put kids as young as 7 and 8 against 13 year olds and it does not seem fair that people from southern England can come to scotland to graduate from a scottish venue to the national tournament.
My lad Jack feels like there is no point collecting next season at the moment and I feel that we are spending too much money on something that has consistently been disappointing for the last 2 years.

Jack was the best Scottish player at the tournament yesterday, easilly. He picked a great team and beat everyone except you and the other finalist (also English).
This is not right and we are writing a stern letter to Topps and the EPL about the situation.
Quiz was a joke in as well. Some of the questions were ridiculous.

What should have been a great day for EVERYONE, was basically just a money making promo event for topps that we tagged along for!

Poor.
Yes the beaten finalist was English and a few months older than Luke! My son. He was playing to win a place in the final of The ENGLISH Premier league card game!!!

pholla65
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
jaxattax
Apr 11 2015, 10:07 AM
ashleyyoungFTW
Apr 10 2015, 02:06 PM
jaxattax
Apr 9 2015, 01:34 PM
Adrenalynxl9 -

If you are 13, then congratulations.
There are no passports asked for, so the entry process is relaxed, therefore, there is no way of telling really.
However, the mental and emotional differences between you and my daughter (who is 13) and my 2 boys (both 11) in terms of decision making, concentration, and ability to manage pressure is massive.
The boys are finsihing primary school, but our girl is going into her 3rd year at high school. It does not seem fair to put kids as young as 7 and 8 against 13 year olds and it does not seem fair that people from southern England can come to scotland to graduate from a scottish venue to the national tournament.
My lad Jack feels like there is no point collecting next season at the moment and I feel that we are spending too much money on something that has consistently been disappointing for the last 2 years.

Jack was the best Scottish player at the tournament yesterday, easilly. He picked a great team and beat everyone except you and the other finalist (also English).
This is not right and we are writing a stern letter to Topps and the EPL about the situation.
Quiz was a joke in as well. Some of the questions were ridiculous.

What should have been a great day for EVERYONE, was basically just a money making promo event for topps that we tagged along for!

Poor.
This post absolutely SCREAMS sour grapes to me. Obviously I wasn't there so I can't know for certain one way or the other but quite frankly you have no way of proving he is over 13 just as he may have had no way of proving he was under 13 on the day. Demanding ID to enter a kid's trading card game is a little extreme, don't you think?

If you think your 11 year old has a disadvantage because 13 year olds are more mature, why don't you petition Topps to reduce the maximum age to 11? (Then, of course, you'll have parents of 9 year olds having the same problem!). Deciding not to collect just because you lost in the final does suggest to me that it's more about being a bad loser than anything.

Jack may well have been the best Scottish player there, but as far as I can see it was not the Scottish national championships, it was the regional heat and anyone that makes the effort to turn up should be allowed to enter (if you made the effort to go to, say, Manchester, and had not been allowed to enter Jack into it because he wasn't from Manchester I'm sure you'd be just as annoyed!). I'm sure the Premier League themselves will laugh off a letter that a trading card event allowed English people to enter.

What did you expect an event put on by a profit-making company to be anything OTHER than a "money making promo event"? They're not a charity, they're a company!
Jack is at a huge disadvantage to compete elsewhere because of where he lives. He is not always with us all the time either because he lives full time with his mum, whereas I live with my partner and 4 other kids full time.
To go to other events would be expensive and a lot fo travelling.
We cannot afford to buy hotels, train tickets and do that in a short spce of time, the Easter holidays is for all 5 of my kids, not just Jack!

A lot of these posts are too dismissive for my liking, so probably best to just leave it at that and I will see where I get with what I have planned.

Thansk for all your feedback, keep grazing the corporate grass and doing as your told guys!
Hi Jaxattax on a serious note I would be devastated to think that me driving my kids up to Glasgow would stop your boy collecting Match Attax cards after the heartache and ultimately pleasure this game has given my family.

If I may I will explain why I do it and there are members on here that can confirm what I say:-

Four years ago at the Villa tournament a 6 year old boy entered for the first time and to everyones amazement he qualified for the last 16 knockout stages in the afternoon. This boy could barely see the cards on the table and was litterally playing boys twice his size and age. By the time he had reached the semi final there was quite a crowd watching him. He came up against a boy called Benji who was 13 and had been to every world finals up to that point. The little boy lost on the last card, puffed his cheeks, let out a big sigh picked up his cards and walked over to his dad. (Me) I got on my knees to console him as I thought he would cry but no he just said "I should have won but I played the last 3 cards wrong".

The next month he had to watch his older brother compete in the World Finals as he had qualified at Manchester. The next month was his 7th birthday and he asked if instead of a birthday party could he have money. This money sat in his piggy bank from June until October when he spent it all on Match Attax, Xmas the same and that went on the Extras. This has now gone on for 4 years.

Last year at his fourth season of competing and after 4 semi final and one finals defeat he got to the Final again at Newcastle. At the grand old age of 9 he won and got to go to the World Finals. The icing on the cake was that the boy he beat that day had been to the last 3 world finals, the boy he had had to watch for 3 years. His big brother. Before they got on stage that day to play the final he turned to his brother and said "if you let me win I will know and I will never forgive you"

This is why I drive to as many events as I can due to the dedication he has shown to this game.

Now the qualifiers have finished if you like I will explain the weeknesses of Jacks team and the tactics you need to stand a chance against the better boys?

Let me know Pete.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 14/15 · Next Topic »
Add Reply