Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Help!
Topic Started: May 30 2015, 02:51 PM (315 Views)
ReggieBoy
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I thought I'd give the Futera Online game a try, but have to say that I'm massively under-whelmed by the whole experience so far.

My record to date is Played 20, Lost 20, Scored 4, Conceded 158!!!

I could do with a few pointers as to what (if anything) I'm doing wrong...

I have been given fifteen basic squad players for signing up (not enough to even fill my match day squad of sixteen!). They are a split of 2 Star and 3 Star players (i.e. they are absolutely useless compared to all the superstar players my opponents use).

When I go to play a game, I'm picking the 'PLAY IN THE FWF ONLINE LEAGUE' option as whenever I go into the 'PLAY IN A MINI LEAGUE (WEEKLY PRIZES)' option, it always comes back with the message saying 'There are currently no players available for matches. Please try again later'.

There is no option to pick the level of opponent I want to play against as it says in a couple of the User guides.

So it doesn't matter what formation I play, or where I play my players - I will presumably continue to get pumped unless I spend money on online packs (to get myself some better players).

Is there no way of me playing other newbies who have similarly rubbish squads at their disposal so that the games are more even - and we can play about with formations and players positions to see if we like the game and thus think it's worthwhile spending money on virtual packs?

The thought of having to play another 280 similar games in order to qualify for Reward Cards doesn't fill me with a great deal of optimism!!!

Am I doing something wrong, or does every newbie have to go through this pain until they give up never to return or they buy virtual packs in the hope that they obtain better players (and training points which will help them improve their useless ones).

ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List
ReggieBoy's Forum Feedback
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Chocco
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
make yourself a preset team and let them play...make sure you play 50 games ..that gets you a free pack every week plus the chance to win further packs. You'll also earn tokens by building your stadium which you can spend on managers and players. You'll also win heroes legends and myths and memos from Tollyman. BUT you will get slaughtered for a long time unless you spend money..thats a given I'm afraid
FWF teams CHOCOLATE HEROES and RANDOM FARMER

ReggieBoy
101 Card
OK - thanks for the feedback Chocco. Much appreciated. That info about 50 games is really useful. When does the 'week' end? One thing I find frustrating is that the 'Information / Help' function doesn't seem to work. Is that just because it's a new version, and there are still bugs not working.

I have no problem getting pumped for a while if there's an incentive of getting free packs which will help me team improve.
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

Chocco
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
the new game play is a work in progress...we're all feeling our way. I think we must be patient. By the way go and enter Blizzard's competion ...4 boxes of virtual cards to be won in exchange for some feedback on the new version of the game :)

Chocco
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
sorry I wasn't very specific about which tournaments you should play...so FWF ONLINE LEAGUE gets you tokens (if you play 50 games) and prizes if you finish in the top 3 of your league. The FCF MINI LEAGUE has loads more prizes so make sure you play 50 games in that as well. Also mini league limits you to just 1 5 star player and 1 5 star manager so you should get competitive in that more quickly than in the FWF league

ReggieBoy
101 Card
Apologies for being 'thick', but how do I play an FWF ONLINE LEAGUE game? I've gone in on at least 15 different occasions over the past few days, and each time it comes up with the message 'There are currently no players available for matches. Please try again later'. Am I doing something wrong??
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

Chocco
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
usually everyone plays mini league on Saturday or Sunday so you'll struggle to find people to play at the back end of the week. Mini league runs Saturday to Saturday. FWF league runs Sunday to Sunday.

ReggieBoy
101 Card
OK, so I played the fifty games in the FWF ONLINE LEAGUE before last night's deadline - and got pumped fifty times (as expected!). I now have 56 tokens which is presumably my weekly income which comes from my stadium. So i don't see that playing those fifty league games actually earned me anything. Unless - if you don't play the fifty games in a week - do you not get any stadium income?

So my next question is, what are these tokens used for? Do you need thousands of them to buy players??

And I still am unable to play any FCF MINI league games. It always comes back with the message that 'There are currently no players available for matches. Please try again later'.

If Futera are wanting new folk to get hooked on this online game - I have to say it's not very user friendly for newbies. Do I have to join the FCF MINI league by doing something before playing my first game? When I go into my Profile, under the Mini League - it just shows a -, whereas it shows my League and League Rank (an impressive 58,128th - so you Futera experienced folk had better watch out!!!).

Any further guidance would be much appreciated...
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

Chocco
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
you have to play 50 games to get tokens. The biggest teams earn 50000 tokens a week!! But you have to start somewhere. There are issues with game play at the moment. Hopefully they'll get it sorted before we all get bored and wander off!!

ReggieBoy
101 Card
Thanks for the feedback again Chocco - much appreciated! Now, if you could only sell me eleven of your cast-off players for 56 tokens, then I'll be a happy chappy and will stop asking annoying questions!!! :wink
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
Am I right in thinking there is nowhere you can pick your squad, managers, players, formation and tactics other than actually playing a match - where it's actually impossible to do all those things within the very short timescale you've got (I'm talking for completely new players who don't have any formations pre-saved).

I keep running out of time and end up playing the match with half a team! Seems ridiculous that there isn't an area where you can play about and set all these things before you actually go head-to-head with another player. Or am I missing something?
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

solumlupus
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ReggieBoy
Jun 12 2015, 11:08 AM
Am I right in thinking there is nowhere you can pick your squad, managers, players, formation and tactics other than actually playing a match - where it's actually impossible to do all those things within the very short timescale you've got (I'm talking for completely new players who don't have any formations pre-saved).

I keep running out of time and end up playing the match with half a team! Seems ridiculous that there isn't an area where you can play about and set all these things before you actually go head-to-head with another player. Or am I missing something?
Yeah I don't think so. Used to be easier without the timer in the past. I guess you have to go through your collection and decide which players/managers you want to use beforehand so you can save time when you actually enter the game.

Probably should suggest to Futera to implement an area to set up like you said.
FWF Team: Benz Cruzados

Futera Cards for sale @ Benz Futera Shop

ReggieBoy
101 Card
Thanks for the reply solumlupus. What is the best route for improvement suggestions, because I have loads! The 'Help' function doesn't work, and I don't see any link on FWF Online for 'feedback' or 'Reporting Problems' etc
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

gt6943
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
To set up a saved team or a couple of saved teams then why don`t you arrange to play a friendly against someone in the "play a friend " room .. this way you can get your team ready before play proper matches.
Trusted traders

Rob PBS,Omeshm,Poolstar,Stevewaters,cjchelsea x2,pnchocolates x4,JoelMangsa,l1sboa x3,Juvefc x3,thekop10,masterofmatchattax,Jayce101 x9,Arsenal101 x2,palmerme1 x4,Mark Bradford (U.K),Adz97 x3,Ryan100 x2
Jamesalex,Blizzard x3,PriceySNR,llpalm08,NeilB x4,44gwilson,spursdave x3,Liam123,bibster x8,match attax crazy,Koda,matchattaxfan4 x3,matchattaxmad,mufc17,swapit x4,ilytorres9 x2,hattersfan x4,sham,NIAMHUSLFC07,ho123wang x2,matchattaxfanatic x4,victor meldrew,chris.jlee x3,turboboy94 x2,Sickone95 x2,swapmaster97 x2,Adz1197,matchattaxmaster11,garystephens x2,Oafcforever x2,CharlesHK x3,Cocacolaman75 x2,hotspurs95,Tankerton1 x2,Littlehammer,Matchattaxmasters22 x2,Sentai101,Heycallumj x2,monkey76x3,holden8klasnic17 x4,Phild,Futbol_Cards,watts27 x3,vorronin,markschmeichel,alanaman,kimmeh_d,richt11,paradogs77,Darbo x2,artsefa x2

Tradelist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7111723/1/

Wishlist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7119187/1/

Primusneon
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
gt6943
Jun 12 2015, 03:51 PM
To set up a saved team or a couple of saved teams then why don`t you arrange to play a friendly against someone in the "play a friend " room .. this way you can get your team ready before play proper matches.
wise advice....

robjones1973
101 Card
I would like to see a training area, where you can put out what you think is your strongest team, then play matches against them and build up other teams so you can work out formations and tactics and save them before you take on league games. At least we could play some games that way, as I never seem to get many on normal play.
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7157425/1/#new - Wishlist

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7157435/1/#new - Tradelist

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7160901/1/#new - Trading Feedback

Trusted Traders -

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Footballcards Forum League and FCF Teams · Next Topic »
Add Reply