Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Match Attax Champion League 2015/2016 - New photos (packaging)
Topic Started: Aug 26 2015, 02:10 PM (2,719 Views)
LFC1892
Member Avatar
LobScouse.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hi, new here but thought I'd throw in my tuppence worth anyways.

In my opinion, UEFA screwed up massively in giving TOPPS the contract for CL series.

I have been collecting the Prem version since 09/10 season and the Panini since WC 2002, suffice to say the invention side of things always won by Panini. Topps are very limited when it comes to new ideas and what not. If you look for example at the German Bundesliga series and the Premier league one they are almost identical. If not one of them will use the same design of the other a year later. So they keep exchanging ideas without coming up with new ones.

This year we as collectors will have to deal with Topps and it's repetitivness on two different collections.

At the end of the day UEFA are looking to line up their pockets and TOPPS probably offered more to get the contract. Such a shame.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LFC1892
Member Avatar
LobScouse.
[ *  *  *  * ]
Zabolek
Sep 23 2015, 08:34 AM
LFC1892
Sep 23 2015, 12:00 AM
Topps are very limited when it comes to new ideas and what not. If you look for example at the German Bundesliga series and the Premier league one they are almost identical. If not one of them will use the same design of the other a year later. So they keep exchanging ideas without coming up with new ones.
I don't want to play the devil's advocate, but Panini does exactly the same for both their stickers and cards collections. Take the Calciatori album (Italian Serie A) from one year, and the same design will be used for all the European albums the year after.

Same with the Adrenalyn XL cards; what's used in Spain or Italy one year is reused the year after for France, Poland and where-nots.

Quote:

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realise that becasue I don't collect Panini stickers for European leagues, only WC & Euro cup. As for Ad XL the earliest I have is Euro 2012. Good to know. Will keep an eye on the 365 cards when they arrive. ;)
Edited by LFC1892, Sep 23 2015, 03:25 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax CL 15/16 · Next Topic »
Add Reply