Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pro 11 email message 18th Jan
Topic Started: Jan 18 2016, 12:09 PM (644 Views)
ReggieBoy
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've received a message to confirm I've won a Pro 11 card for the Champions League game, but not the Premier League game
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List
ReggieBoy's Forum Feedback
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ReggieBoy
101 Card
It looks like there has been another cock-up with the Topps system though, because I've only had one message through (for my team that finished in 173rd place), whereas I've not had messages through for the teams that finished 134th, 161st and 187th!!!

Incidentally, according to the Champions League weekly tables - only 439 teams took part therefore presumably everybody who picked a Pro 11 card will finish in the Top 1000?
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
I agree JackW – I reckon the head of IT at Topps’ jacket must surely be on a very shoogly peg! c:omp

I have said it before, and I’ll say it again – I think these Pro 11 sets are definitely a welcome addition to the bog standard card sets (because they present a different challenge with how we go about completing the sets).

But the recent IT issues must have caused Topps Customer Services Department no end of complaints, and I fear they’re about to get inundated with a load more unhappy customers due to this latest problem.

Any person with an ounce of IT knowledge knows that prior to any system change or new software introduction, tests are run and dummy databases are created to ensure that such teething problems are ironed out before roll-out.

I’m concerned an executive decision may be made by Topps Management to knock future Pro 11 sets on the head for fear that it’s damaging their customer relations…
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
Just for clarity, the one account I played both games (and had the difficulties selecting both the English Premier League and UEFA Champions League Pro 11 cards is the one account that I’ve had a message saying that I’ve won a UEFA Champions League Pro 11 card.

I posted up last week that when I selected the Champions League card, it looked as though it wasn’t selected under the ‘PLAY NOW’ button. And it seemed to ‘over-write’ my English Premier League selection (as in when I went into the English Premier League game, the Pro 11 card that was selected to win was the Champions League card!).

My other accounts which were just playing the English Premier League game (and definitely had enough points to win a card) have not had messages on them. :idiot

And when I encountered the difficulties with my original account selecting a card in both games, I created a couple of new accounts using new e-mail addresses and new postal address and neither of these accounts got a message saying they’d won a card either (despite them both having more points than the team that did get a message!!!). :rant

I’m pretty sure another message will be forthcoming from Topps apologising for the balls-up once again, and stating that we’ll be awarded another random card. But whether we’re entitled to a card in both games or we have to select one or the other is still unclear!
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
ReggieBoy
Jan 18 2016, 01:09 PM
I've received a message to confirm I've won a Pro 11 card for the Champions League game, but not the Premier League game
I wrote earlier today that I'd had a message from Topps confirming I'd won a Champions League card (Max Kruse).

Well the latest development in this shambles, is that Topps have amended that particular message to say I've won Nacho Monreal - a player that I most definitely did not select (my choice for the EPL game was Charlie Adam).

And before anyone claims I'm cracking up, I can assure you 100% that the message stated I'd won Max Kruse.

So it seems that Topps are trying to somehow sweep the mess under the carpet. I now believe their intention is to not issue any Champions League cards for last week, and who knows what they'll do with regards to the EPL Pro 11 cards!!!

You couldn't make this stuff up!!!! :fing
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

ReggieBoy
101 Card
I totally agree with JackW - all the message today does is repeat the message we were sent on the 12th January (although it does confirm which random card they are going to be sending us!). I would also have much preferred any of the Champions League cards than the card they have proposed sending me (which I've already got two of)! :rant

What concerns me most is the lack of Gameweek’s that are left in the season. Let’s assume Topps keep awarding cards through to Monday 30th May (the Champions League final is scheduled to take place on Saturday 28th May) – this only gives us 19 more weeks which we can win cards. And this is assuming Topps manage to fix their current technical issues and we don’t have any more weeks like last week!

There are 32 Champions League cards to win and I’m sure there are quite a few collectors (me included), who are still trying to complete the Premier League Pro 11 set.

Topps surely have to allow us to win both a Premier League AND a Champions League card each week providing we finish in the Top 1000 of each league, because otherwise it is impossible to complete both sets whilst running just one account. And the rules clearly state that there is only one account allowed per person! :angry

Can anyone else who got a message saying they’d won a Champions League card yesterday confirm whether their message has been altered or withdrawn or is it still sitting in your Message box? My message has definitely been changed by Topps (from Champions League card Max Kruse to Premier League card Nacho Monreal)
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 15/16 · Next Topic »
Add Reply