Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pro 11 email message 18th Jan
Topic Started: Jan 18 2016, 12:09 PM (673 Views)
JackW
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi
Has anyone had a message to say they have won yet?
With all the confusion about selecting cards I hope I have selected and won correctly!!
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JackW
100 Club
ReggieBoy
Jan 18 2016, 01:23 PM
It looks like there has been another cock-up with the Topps system though, because I've only had one message through (for my team that finished in 173rd place), whereas I've not had messages through for the teams that finished 134th, 161st and 187th!!!

Incidentally, according to the Champions League weekly tables - only 439 teams took part therefore presumably everybody who picked a Pro 11 card will finish in the Top 1000?
What with the chaos that occurred over the Christmas period you would have thought things either couldn't get any worse or they would have resolved these kind of issues so it is VERY frustrating that this keeps happening....I have 2 boys who come home from school every day expecting cards and every Monday want to know if we have won the Pro 11s....and every day I have to tell them still nothing and now no news on the Pro 11s!!

You would have thought IT for a company with worldwide sales of over $300million of sales last year it shouldnt be too tough to get it sorted!!
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

JackW
100 Club
ReggieBoy
Jan 18 2016, 02:22 PM
I agree JackW – I reckon the head of IT at Topps’ jacket must surely be on a very shoogly peg! c:omp

I have said it before, and I’ll say it again – I think these Pro 11 sets are definitely a welcome addition to the bog standard card sets (because they present a different challenge with how we go about completing the sets).

But the recent IT issues must have caused Topps Customer Services Department no end of complaints, and I fear they’re about to get inundated with a load more unhappy customers due to this latest problem.

Any person with an ounce of IT knowledge knows that prior to any system change or new software introduction, tests are run and dummy databases are created to ensure that such teething problems are ironed out before roll-out.

I’m concerned an executive decision may be made by Topps Management to knock future Pro 11 sets on the head for fear that it’s damaging their customer relations…
I agree with all of that but hope they don't abandon the Pro 11 idea

I guess they figure as it is a non-profit making idea that it has low priority

I think they should probably combine toppsfootball.co.uk with toppsdirect.co.uk and have a single site whereby the sell cards/ merchandise and also run the Pro 11/ fantasy section...surely that would make it more worthwhile and perhaps incentivise them to run it differently and better!

I am no IT whizz but surely it isnt that difficult to run a programme that selects the 1000 top scores from a list, reconcile that with a card they have chosen and then run an automated message and printing system to send the cards out....I can't imagine they send out 1000 cards by hand every week!!

They were doing so well a few weeks before Christmas and now this has let them down again!

JackW
100 Club
BigErnst
Jan 18 2016, 02:32 PM
I played 10 on the Champions League Game (selected Sterling) 7 on the Premier League Game (selected Sakho) - selections kept resetting.

Both were enough to win a card but haven't received any messages although my other accounts have for just playing EPL only.

Have raised a query with Topps.
I think I am in a similar boat to you then

Please let me know what they say as they will probably get sick of answering the same question multiple times!!....but it this is what they do then I guess they should be expecting it!!

JackW
100 Club
Jimmieg7
Jan 18 2016, 03:34 PM
Me too i have created a screen dump and will send later today. However my mate has had a message saying he has won a card!
Did he get that message at the usual time or later?

If they say that cards weren't selected on those accounts it will be very annoying...the number of times I had to re-select them!!

JackW
100 Club
ReggieBoy
Jan 18 2016, 04:21 PM
Just for clarity, the one account I played both games (and had the difficulties selecting both the English Premier League and UEFA Champions League Pro 11 cards is the one account that I’ve had a message saying that I’ve won a UEFA Champions League Pro 11 card.

I posted up last week that when I selected the Champions League card, it looked as though it wasn’t selected under the ‘PLAY NOW’ button. And it seemed to ‘over-write’ my English Premier League selection (as in when I went into the English Premier League game, the Pro 11 card that was selected to win was the Champions League card!).

My other accounts which were just playing the English Premier League game (and definitely had enough points to win a card) have not had messages on them. :idiot

And when I encountered the difficulties with my original account selecting a card in both games, I created a couple of new accounts using new e-mail addresses and new postal address and neither of these accounts got a message saying they’d won a card either (despite them both having more points than the team that did get a message!!!). :rant

I’m pretty sure another message will be forthcoming from Topps apologising for the balls-up once again, and stating that we’ll be awarded another random card. But whether we’re entitled to a card in both games or we have to select one or the other is still unclear!
You would also think that when there are mess ups like this they would use their Facebook, Twitter and other social media to apologise and make explanations as to what is going on....I'm sure the people on the frontline who are taking all these calls and emails would appreciate that!! and so would we so we know what is going on!!

They also need to clearly clarify whether or not you can with both Prem and CL cards in the same week or not!!

The rules should also be standardised on the website to what the Masters play at the Topps events....either that or the Masters just make the rules up as the go along....last event we went to they could have TWO tactic cards and they can use those as and when and would then challenge or say we couldnt use ours when we wanted!!

Rant over.....for now!!

JackW
100 Club
So today Topps have decided to send a message saying that they will send a card that we haven't already received to make up for the mess up over Christmas

Whilst that is all well and good...it doesn't seem to be addressing the issues from yesterday/ last week

When I saw a message I was assuming they would have resolved these issues....and I am sure everybody would rather receive a random CL Pro 11....or perhaps even the cards that we selected!!

Until we receive some sort of message either way I don't really see the point in playing the game at the moment!!!

I wonder if anything else with be forthcoming from them....least of all some clarification of whether or not you can only win 1 Pro 11 or if you can win 1 from each set each week!!

JackW
100 Club
trokes
Jan 20 2016, 01:18 PM
just had this response to my email sent to Topps about pro 11 cards...

Thank you for your email.

We have experienced some difficulties with the new gaming facility.

However all issues have been solved and you will be able to choose pro11 cards for both seasons.

Kind regards

that's a good result albeit we don't win cards from last week
We don't win cards at all from last week?

I think they should send something like the week 21 message to say that we win a random CL Pro 11 card....surely that would be fairer!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 15/16 · Next Topic »
Add Reply