Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Match Attax Limited Editions
Topic Started: Feb 16 2016, 09:32 PM (1,330 Views)
Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Great topic and debate!

Topps will never please everyone all of the time :-)

I thought the GSB LE's were good at first as it was different but must admit I now do prefer the original method with single LE's and only available through certain methods as per first collections.

Regarding having rarer cards perhaps they could introduce 'Collector Editions' that are very rare for the hard core. These could explicitly be marketed as not part of the main set but explicitly for collectors. Not put in the Album checklist either. Perhaps this info could be publicised through forums like FCF and Alans website. Kids may get them but as people wouldn't know much about them then kids wouldn't chase them.

As per Topps's response about Limiteds not being part of the collection, if that is correct then why are they on the checklist?
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
More great comment. Keep them coming!

Quite a while back I learned that Topps in the UK treat their Match Attax collection as a toy not a collectable, therefore collectors views are not really relevant to their thinking.

They will have many statistics on what make higher sales and will follow what will achieve this. We can analyse all we want but that is the fact. Topps do not really worry themselves about how hard it is to finish a collection with there Limited Edition distribution. The Limiteds are purely there to sell Tins, multipacks etc..

It's good that they do the World Championships & Swap Shops as this at least is a nod to the more dedicated buyer.

I admit it's a bit of a guess, but if you could calculate the revenue that comes from all the children buying less that 30 packs (lets call them casual buyers), the revenue from all the children buying more than 30 packs (let call them enthusiasts) and the revenue from those that finished their collections (Collectors) I think you would understand Topps attitude. I suspect the Casual buyers revenue is by far the highest with Collectors being negligible. Topps World Championship being aimed at the enthusiasts.

If this is true and I suspect it is then why would Topps care about Collectors? We can moan and complain all we like but I'm afraid it won't make the slightest difference!

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
The only reason they are referred to as Limited Editions is that you cannot purchase them at the Swap shops Topps run with the World Championships.

It does not refer to the amount of cards produced.

The Signed cards & WC's Silver & Gold cards are the only true limited Editions as us collectors would know it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Match Attax CL 15/16 · Next Topic »
Add Reply