Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Match Attax 2016/17
Topic Started: May 26 2016, 09:59 AM (6,554 Views)
Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think we'll need a new section soon.

First news of the 2016/17 Match Attax collection:

Topps - Match Attax 2016/17 (01)

-

FOOTBALL CARTOPHILIC INFO EXCHANGE
- - - checklists and photos of Football Cards and Stickers issued around the world, from 1880s to 2014.

WANTED:
Panini nPower Championship 2010/11 .. .. box (empty or full)
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. David Marshall - Star Player (signed); Peter Whittingham - Star Player (signed); Robert Earnshaw - MotM (Signed).
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Kenny Miller on the front.
Match Attax Championship 2012/13 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Craig Bellamy on the front.

Empty PANINI sticker albums for 2012/13 - from Colombia, Portugal, Belgium
Empty GALATA & ERREDI (Italy) album for 2012/13 - U.C. Sampdoria, Torino F.C., A.S. Roma, S.S. Lazio, A.C. Fiorentina

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
I will get a new section up in the next few days Alan.

Thanks for posting the info.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Jimmieg7
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
6 cards per pack hopefully just a marketing image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JackW
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah if it goes to 6 cards per pack and over 500 cards that would be a joke....1 for 10 cards is more than enough already! hopefully this is just for the continent!

Would be interesting to know the reasoning behind who is made 100 Clubs, LEs etc....I assume Topps do some sort of customer analysis as to who they think would be fair....or maybe they just do it based on stats.....but clearly a few of the previous years can not have been done on that!
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

FootballCardsExtravagansa
100 Club
These Are Always 6 Cards As They Are Advertising Australian Version

Match Attax Mac
Game Changer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've seen a design already. The stats were top to bottom on the right hand side and the was an Alexis shiny cars.

Renko
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Note "gold limited edition" - so more chances to push gold, silver and bronze Wayne Rooney and Adam Lallana rather than a Leicester/Southampton/West Ham etc etc player
Bring back Championship Match Attax!

Then for 2016-17 season League One Match Attax :-/

MatchAttaxMaster101
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Love the design. Considering I haven't collected Match Attax for the past few years (partly due to the expense and time it took up because I've always firmly believed if you're going to collect something you need to dedicate yourself to doing so, doing it sparingly is essentially a waste of money and time), I may or may not delve into this set, provided the current cost stays at the same level or indeed gives a better offer (which I highly doubt however let me be optimistic).

I'll admit I have missed, to a certain extent, collecting and sharing my findings on here, although I feel as though the community has changed a lot over the last few years so it wouldn't be the same.

safariman
101 Card
Where have you seen the design MatchAttaxMaster101??
Tracitradings - The home of Discounted Trading Cards - www.tracitradings.co.uk

100 Club
safariman
Jul 10 2016, 07:44 AM
Where have you seen the design MatchAttaxMaster101??
S&P Tour I Imagine

100 Club
What Does EVERYONE Think Of The Swap & Store?

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Jul 18 2016, 06:34 PM
What Does EVERYONE Think Of The Swap & Store?
What is the Swap and Store?
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

Jimmieg7
101 Card
Argos have some of the products on their website / app

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
The Match Attax 2016/17 Swap & Store Binder....

Topps - Match Attax 2016/17 (02) - Swap and Store Binder

-

FOOTBALL CARTOPHILIC INFO EXCHANGE
- - - checklists and photos of Football Cards and Stickers issued around the world, from 1880s to 2014.

WANTED:
Panini nPower Championship 2010/11 .. .. box (empty or full)
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. David Marshall - Star Player (signed); Peter Whittingham - Star Player (signed); Robert Earnshaw - MotM (Signed).
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Kenny Miller on the front.
Match Attax Championship 2012/13 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Craig Bellamy on the front.

Empty PANINI sticker albums for 2012/13 - from Colombia, Portugal, Belgium
Empty GALATA & ERREDI (Italy) album for 2012/13 - U.C. Sampdoria, Torino F.C., A.S. Roma, S.S. Lazio, A.C. Fiorentina

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

JackW
100 Club
Swap & Store looks like a good idea...pretty much the same as the Swap Box from the last couple of years but this looks like it will keep the cards tidier and more organised...I assume it will be about the same price as the Swap Box?
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

Jimmieg7
101 Card
The swap boxes are showing as 9.99 on Argos site

elcid
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Argos also showing an "Exclusive" Mega Tin at 9.99.

"Match Attax mega tins contain: 50 awesome cards including a gold limited edition player, an exclusive set of 15 premier league stars, plus a cool match attax flip chip. There are 3 mega tins to collect, look out for 'international stars', 'club heroes' and 'rising stars'! "
Richard.
www.corinthianseller.co.uk

Match Attax Mac
Game Changer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
elcid
Jul 26 2016, 08:28 AM
Argos also showing an "Exclusive" Mega Tin at 9.99.

"Match Attax mega tins contain: 50 awesome cards including a gold limited edition player, an exclusive set of 15 premier league stars, plus a cool match attax flip chip. There are 3 mega tins to collect, look out for 'international stars', 'club heroes' and 'rising stars'! "
3!
For crying out loud!

jeanmarie
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
hello
Someone buyed from Argos ?
are you sure its 2016/17 ??
(picture of swap box shows cards from season 2014/15) !!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
I prefer to see 9 on a page to be honest, but a clever idea nevertheless

safariman
101 Card
anyone have any new info yet on this collection??

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
In this weeks MOTD mag on page 17 it says 'the wait is nearly over... That's right, your favourite new Prem Stars will soon be here in all their shiney glory - and you can collect yours with MOTD mag from issue 424'.

We are currently on issue 420, so by my reckoning, issue 424 is out on 13th September. So that's when we will have our first chance to get our hands on the new cards.

There are no photos of them in this weeks magazine however.
Edited by bibster, Aug 16 2016, 06:02 PM.

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Is this the design ??

Posted Image
Visit www.FootballCardsDirect.com The Number 1 for Match Attax, Panini Adrenalyn XL and much more from the UK & around the world, over 19,000 DIFFERENT cards/ stickers currently available

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Phild
Aug 17 2016, 01:25 PM
Is this the design ??

Posted Image
Nice! :653

Great find Phil!

Lewis.H
Member Avatar
i-card
[ *  * ]
Great spot PhilD. Is there anymore news on the New season'sseason's cards?

safariman
101 Card
If it is they look terrible

Jimmieg7
101 Card
Omg very amateur, but I suppose this is generally a market aimed for children rather than adults

pnchocolates
Member Avatar
Signature Card
Horrible :fing
Edited by pnchocolates, Aug 17 2016, 02:52 PM.
A Big Thankyou to all my Trading Partners

My Forum Feedback - Click Here

TRADE LIST - Click Here

WISH LIST - Click Here

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Nice find Phil, not a big fan of that design at the moment so i am hoping it grows on me over time, lets hope the special cards look better!
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

jeanmarie
Signature Card
agreed...
:crying

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Just out of interest...

What reasons do people have for not liking the design? I think it looks good!

safariman
101 Card
Ratings down the side look amateurish - colour purple not great - not much space left for player - way they have allowed for stars means that we will probably see no one with less than 3 and I think 40 - 50% of the players in the premier league are 2 star or less

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I think the purple colour and all the stats makes it look just too busy
Visit www.FootballCardsDirect.com The Number 1 for Match Attax, Panini Adrenalyn XL and much more from the UK & around the world, over 19,000 DIFFERENT cards/ stickers currently available

robjones1973
101 Card
Less is more as they say. Too much going on for me too. Will probably still collect the lot, although, at the moment I am planning to only collect the Arsenal cards.
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7157425/1/#new - Wishlist

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7157435/1/#new - Tradelist

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/7160901/1/#new - Trading Feedback

Trusted Traders -

pnchocolates
Member Avatar
Signature Card
I'm with Phil and Rob, way too busy card. I am in the less is best camp and the colour is yuk !
Reminds me of the ghastly Brasil World Cup collection.
A Big Thankyou to all my Trading Partners

My Forum Feedback - Click Here

TRADE LIST - Click Here

WISH LIST - Click Here

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Glad they have gone for quite a radical change. The collections have been very 'samey'.

The first version (07/08) was still the best in my eyes though.
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here

gazza
i-card
[ *  * ]
Tollyman
Aug 18 2016, 09:53 PM
Glad they have gone for quite a radical change. The collections have been very 'samey'.

The first version (07/08) was still the best in my eyes though.
I'm with you on that, still love the MOTM and Ltd Edition design & colour (gold on black).

bigmike1712
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
I can see the collection being quite a bit more garish this year. If you look at the re branding of the Premier League with alot of bright florescent colours then any Premier League product has to follow the scheme. Have you seen the new Man of the Match trophy in real life? I hope the MOTM cards aren't in that colour scheme

Match Attax Mac
Game Changer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Phild
Aug 17 2016, 01:25 PM
Is this the design ??

Posted Image
That's the design they showed me at the swap and play tour.

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Topps have justed posted to their instagram account and in one of the photos appears to be a 16/17 Match Attax card of a Harry Kane Limited Edition, so it looks like we have our first Limited Edition revealed. Not only that, but it says Platinum Limited Edition, which isn't good news at all, as it looks like they have added to the gold, silver and bronze scheme which isn't what was wanted by most collectors.

Link to the cards picture: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJatz2eBOAz/?taken-by=toppsmatchattax_
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 16/17 · Next Topic »
Add Reply