Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Match Attax Champions League 16/17 First Images of Products and Card Design inc. Limited Editions
Topic Started: Sep 1 2016, 01:26 PM (2,058 Views)
Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi Everyone

After much searching, I have found the first pictures of cards and products for the Champions League 16/17 Match Attax collection.
The pictures I have found are of the Nordic Edition, although from previous CL and Premier League Match Attax releases in the Nordic countries, I think we can be 99% sure that the both the cards and products will be similar to that of the general international/UK release, with only 1 or 2 minor differences such as additional subsets.

In summary, there is going to be:

- The online game, Match Attax Live, returns, but this time with the additional incentive of being able to win prizes from entering your codes. There also appears to be some sort of partnership between Mastercard (who are one of the main Champions League sponsors) and topps, which is likely to be do with the addition of the prizes.

- Packets of Cards (Nordic Edition pictured)

- A starter pack (Nordic Edition pictured). The Nordic edition appears to contain 36 cards including a Gold Limited Edition card of Lionel Messi (likely to be the same for international/UK release), a mega double sized play pitch, a collector binder and checklist.

- Mini Tins
- Mega Tins (Being labelled in the Nordic Edition as 'Gift Boxes')
- Advent Calendar (I am expecting this to be a Nordic Exclusive due to the release of the Premier League Advent calendar in the UK)

It is also worth noting the teams on the side of the Advent Calendar and once again it would appear that there are teams missing from group stages with only 22 of the 32 club crests appearing on the side of the box.
The teams pictured are all sides that automatically qualified for the group stages par Manchester City, who it appears have been swapped in, in place of CSKA Moscow.

It could well be that a few more teams appear yet, but I just thought that it was interesting that they went to all that effort to swap Manchester City in. I really hope all 32 teams are included in some way, but I am not getting my hopes up.

Here are the images:

Packets:
Posted Image

Starter Pack:
Posted Image

Mini Tin:
Posted Image

Mega Tin:
Posted Image

Advent Calendar:
Posted Image

What do people think about the card design? I think it is quite refreshing and in particular I love the look of the Man of the Match cards in particular!

Could one of the admins please set up a new sub forum for the Match Attax 16/17 Champions League cards, so that I can then move this topic in there.

Many Thanks
Toby
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Match Attax CL 16/17 · Next Topic »
Add Reply