Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topps events; Festivals, swap and play tours and retail demos
Topic Started: Sep 18 2016, 02:13 PM (2,319 Views)
JackW
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
We got a Master Card with this team....this is pretty much invincible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ8549u_B9U
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JackW
100 Club
Badge32
Oct 25 2016, 04:58 PM
We went to Manchester today which took us just over 2 hours to get there and it was absolute rubbish. Cramped into a small area in a shopping mall. Was told you had to win two games before taking on a master which my son did eventually. Reps did not keep tabs on players. Some used teams over 100 mill while others made up rules as you went along. Even the master made sure he would not lose, straight away took out my sons top card with the injury card, Then claimed away kits count as two goals (No where in the rules did I read that one) and even mixed his subs up so we did not know who was in his 11. Total farce.
That is unfortunately a lesson we learnt too at the first event we went to but having been to a few now we have learnt how to deal with it and try to make sure it is a little fairer for u

The rules of live play at these events is very different to online at toppsfootball.co.uk which I think is ridiculous...surely the rules should be the same??

In live play you get TWO Tactic Cards and online you get one

The Masters seem to be able to use their Tactic Cards as and when but always claim we can not use ours at times we want to

Using the Injury Card is a fair tactic though

I appreciate that in order to win a Master Card it should be reasonably tough to win the card....but it also needs to be fair

There seems to be a little 'Elite' club of the same kids who go to all the events as Masters who stick together with their own rules....and the adult Topps representative allow the kids to get away with it...and if the rules are that the kids have to be 13/ 14 or under to compete how is it fair that the Masters are over that....if the Master who was there today and yesterday with all that facial hair is under that age I would be amazed!!

The little 'Elite' even gang up and collude with each other...last year at the Chelsea Swap and Play Tour my boy beat one of the previous Masters in a Quarter Final match only for his mate to then pass on to his other mate who we had in the next round the details of all of the cards we had in our deck so he knew which cards to play and when

This is just one of so many things that Topps do wrong that alienate so many people against them...but don't get me started on that or I will be typing until Christmas!!
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

JackW
100 Club
Tankerton1
Oct 25 2016, 06:19 PM
I thought this year that the Masters were fair and in fact I thought yesterday topps had the organisation for the Match Attax games to beat the master spot on at the Milton Keynes Topps Festival. Last year was not good at all and I have attended at least one topps october event and at least one April swap and play tour for every year they have produced the Match Attax cards, so I thought yesterday was possibly one of my best experiences at one of their events! I am 18, nearly 19 and played and beat one of the Masters yesterday so there is no age rule to have a go to try to beat the Master, it is only for the World Championship events at the Swap and Play Tours in April does the age restriction of being 14 and under apply.

The two Masters at yesterday's Topps Festival in Brindan and Ollie, are incredibly nice people and if you ask them, then they will always be happy to help give you advice and ideas about how to craft or change your team so that you stand a better chance the next time. I actually spent a long time speaking to Brindan's dad at yesterdays event and he, like Brindan, is a very lovely person who is always happy to help and explain things to you. I know how much effort Brindan has put in and for the amount of hours he has invested, so he more than deserves to be in the position he is! I myself am also happy to help explain to younger children and their parents looking to play the game how to set up a team and how to be tactical with the team in order to have the best chance of winning, as I have won a Master Card at every topps October half term event for each of the Premier League Match Attax collections.

I do agree that unfortunately there are some 'regulars' on the Match Attax World Championships/Master players that aren't particularly nice and are incredibly arrogant and big headed and they have in the past when they have been Masters have cheated to win and I myself have been on the receiving end, but a lot of those players I notice have not been invited back to be Masters at any of this years events. This year, unlike previous years, at MK there always appeared to be a member of topps staff at the games, checking how they were going and intervening if they needed to, but perhaps it wasn't as organised as yesterdays event and perhaps less staff were able to attend compared to yesterday due to the event not being as close to topps HQ, as I heard a number of staff yesterday say to colleagues they had walked from the office to get there.

Topps have also made things fairer by allowing people to only enter the World Championships in April at one venue, which means that 'elite' can no longer turn up to every event until they book their place in the World Finals. Also i believe that the online game doesn't have the capabilities to have two tactic cards or to be able to allow away kit cards to score two goals, so that is why it is different online.

By no means am I trying to defend topps here or some of the people who regularly appear on the Match Attax World Championship/Master event scenes, as I appreciate that they still have many faults (one of many is that they do need to make the rules for the event play a lot clearer and more publicised so people don't turn up and leave disappointed because they cant build a team that meets the requirements.) and I also appreciate that people may have had different experiences to me, but I do speak with experience of attending many, many, many events over the years and I do think that they aren't as bad as they used to be and that things are becoming a lot better and fairer for Match Attax players and I think that we will see further improvements at the World Championships during the April Swap and Play Tours.
If the website can not handle the 2-points for an away kit or 2 Tactic cards then why do they not change the live play rules to be the same...ie no 2-point Away Kit rule and only 1 Tactic card...really the only people who benefit from this rule is the Masters!!

There clearly is a rule as I was there pretty much all day and saw no adults playing...and when I asked the Topps rep if it was only kids who can play he said yes!

I am not having a go at you and, like you said, some of the people are OK and amiable...I am pretty sure I have also spent time at previous events talking to Brindams father, there are too many people who are, to be quite frank, at best, rude

I appreciate that the Topps staff are busy but, having spoken to MANY MANY people at these events and SERIOUS and LONG TERM collectors I could probably count on one hand the number of people who have anything positive to say about Topps and their respect for their collectors

Perhaps if Topps engaged with collectors a little better they could have a totally different brand that I am sure would be able to command the respect that their collectors in the US have for their collections!!

JackW
100 Club
Badge32
Oct 25 2016, 07:41 PM
JackW
Oct 25 2016, 12:07 AM
We got a Master Card with this team....this is pretty much invincible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ8549u_B9U
Our side today was close with 7 you had selected. We had Bale instead of Pogba.
The Platinum Kante with 96 defence and only 5m value means that I can add 1-2m bonus on a few players as that card is so powerful for the value

And by using Bale at 17m you lose a lot of your budget....a card with 93-96 will win its fair share of contests and will be way cheaper than the 17m Bale price tag

And you would think that Topps would make more of an effort to make the events more enjoyable...I appreciate that they get busy but the designated space/ cordoned off area was way too small and the probably need more staff...even if they are people who just have a chat and organise things....they must make 1000s from these events...surely they can put on some more staff!

JackW
100 Club
Harrick
Oct 28 2016, 07:08 AM
At Lakeside, Lewis said that the suggestion here was that he and Harry had cheated "passed a card" at the London event! What a load of bull, Harry works hard to get the very best match team he can have and to switch are card and still maybe add up to 100m in a tournament is ludicrous. No one, let alone Harry would even take the risk. And Harry is considered one of the best because he is good at it and was the Semi-Finalist at the World Championship, knocked out by Brindan who is the three time World Champion going on to win it. This is why he is so good and this is why Topps once again chose him as the MATCH ATTAX MASTER alongside Brindan at Lakeside yesterday, I'm proud of the boy!
If you read what was put in the first message I said that he was told what cards we had by the person who was overseeing the game for Topps

I never said that any of the players cheated directly...but when someone tells you what cards your opponent has it is pretty easy to manipulate a game in your favour...and I am sure if that tactic was used against your child everyone here would be slightly disgruntled by that

I have no problem losing on a fair playing field but that is not very fair as far as I am concerned

I also appreciate that the Masters do put in time and effort and to play as many games as they do at these tournaments as they do and lose as few as they do is commendable and an achievement

JackW
100 Club
Harrick
At Lakeside, Lewis said that the suggestion here was that he and Harry had cheated "passed a card" at the London event! What a load of bull, Harry works hard to get the very best match team he can have and to switch are card and still maybe add up to 100m in a tournament is ludicrous. No one, let alone Harry would even take the risk. And Harry is considered one of the best because he is good at it and was the Semi-Finalist at the World Championship, knocked out by Brindan who is the three time World Champion going on to win it. This is why he is so good and this is why Topps once again chose him as the MATCH ATTAX MASTER alongside Brindan at Lakeside yesterday, I'm proud of the boy!
And where the hell Lewis got the impression, at least from anything that I had said, that anyone was passed a card is nonsense...I never said anything like that at all

JackW
100 Club
Match Attax Mac
Oct 28 2016, 05:46 PM
JackW
Oct 28 2016, 12:00 PM
Harrick
If you read what was put in the first message I said that he was told what cards we had by the person who was overseeing the game for Topps

I never said that any of the players cheated directly...but when someone tells you what cards your opponent has it is pretty easy to manipulate a game in your favour...and I am sure if that tactic was used against your child everyone here would be slightly disgruntled by that

I have no problem losing on a fair playing field but that is not very fair as far as I am concerned

I also appreciate that the Masters do put in time and effort and to play as many games as they do at these tournaments as they do and lose as few as they do is commendable and an achievement
Sorry for misreading it. But you're still implying he cheated.
I am not implying that HE cheated at all

I saw, with my own eyes, that the person who was there for Topps (who was about 18 at best) whispered to him the cards that my son had in his deck

I am not saying that he cheated at all, or indeed that the result would have been different, but seeing something like that happen clearly suggest collusion...whether it was asked for or needed

Like I have said before I have no problem with the Masters and if they are the best then that is fine....just underhand tactics like I saw is not on

That is my point

JackW
100 Club
Match Attax Mac
Mar 21 2017, 08:24 AM
Again, coming back to this, I have two more things to add. The first is that if anybody has not yet been made aware; there is a champions league match attax tournament for 7-9 year olds and prizes include being a mascot for the champions league final this year. So if anybody is or has a 7-9 year old, I'd make sure get down to one of the swap and play tours.
Second thing:
This may be made a separate topic, but also linked to tournaments. I cannot help but feel that matchattax (6-14 yrs target audience) is becoming pay-to-win, where the kids with the richest parents will win. This is also a reason why I think the old rules (2007-2013) are more suited to the game. For example, any team with john stones and Kante PLEs and a whole bunch of other high rated players will undoubtedly win unless the player has no clue how to play.
Then surely the game is becoming a reflection of football in general....the club(s) who have the biggest backer and financial power are, year in-year out, the teams who do best
The chances of anybody having all of the Platinum cards is very low and even having PLEs is no guarantee of winning...no point having high ranked defenders if you have got to a position where the opponent has control and is going to defend every go!!
Whilst clearly having high ranked players helps the higher ranked cards are still capable of losing battles so the top players should be able to combat this

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 16/17 · Next Topic »
Add Reply