Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topps NOW moves into Premier League
Topic Started: Oct 31 2016, 07:44 PM (4,625 Views)
Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Topps NOW cards, only available for 24 hours, have started issuing Premier League cards - Vincent Janssen and Romelu Lukaku are the first two cards. New cards will appear each week, though they don't make it easy for collectors in the UK to get their hands on them.

Topps - Topps NOW Premier League (2016-17) (01)

-

FOOTBALL CARTOPHILIC INFO EXCHANGE
- - - checklists and photos of Football Cards and Stickers issued around the world, from 1880s to 2014.

WANTED:
Panini nPower Championship 2010/11 .. .. box (empty or full)
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. David Marshall - Star Player (signed); Peter Whittingham - Star Player (signed); Robert Earnshaw - MotM (Signed).
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Kenny Miller on the front.
Match Attax Championship 2012/13 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Craig Bellamy on the front.

Empty PANINI sticker albums for 2012/13 - from Colombia, Portugal, Belgium
Empty GALATA & ERREDI (Italy) album for 2012/13 - U.C. Sampdoria, Torino F.C., A.S. Roma, S.S. Lazio, A.C. Fiorentina

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Zabolek
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yay, PVA, indeed! Especially for my birthday. :)

Now to hope that the shipment will be less painful than last time with Royal Mail falsely claiming they had attempted delivery, then returned the letter to sender Topps! (fortunately, it was still waiting at the delivery office and I could pick it up from the Post Office) All's well that ends well.
My feedback thread
My Wishlist
My Tradelist

JackW
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is proving to be an expensive set....issuing 3 per week at the start and suckering people in was clever and now there are 5 a week it is going to cost over 1000 to complete the set if you are buying individual cards each week....we are up to 58 already so with 12 games to go there will be well over 100 cards....and then no doubt cards at the end to recognise the champions, top scorers etc

Nice cards but not sure if they will have a value of 1000+ as a set....but I guess we will see

Check out our video of the first 58 cards so far https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whJpovGK204

Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
JackW
Mar 1 2017, 02:45 PM
This is proving to be an expensive set....issuing 3 per week at the start and suckering people in was clever and now there are 5 a week it is going to cost over 1000 to complete the set if you are buying individual cards each week....we are up to 58 already so with 12 games to go there will be well over 100 cards....and then no doubt cards at the end to recognise the champions, top scorers etc

Nice cards but not sure if they will have a value of 1000+ as a set....but I guess we will see

Check out our video of the first 58 cards so far https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whJpovGK204

So you don't want the Chris Brunt card I kept to one side for you like you asked me to ?

thanks for letting me know.

flipthelip
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
surely no one is daft enough to be collecting these as a set ?? they are not worth 10 each as a single and as a set you would be lucky to get 200 for them. flimsy with uninspiring photo matter,but that said,if it's your team or favorite player featured then I can see the attraction, just.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
I agree flipthelip. I have bought the Burnley cards released so far as I collect all Burnley cards but spending up to 50 a week on 5 cards is crazy. I doubt very much that a set would be worth anything like the amount paid out, come the end of the season.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Like Bibster, only interested in getting the ones featuring my team and usually they commemorate special / happy moments, so a nice momeno.

As value goes, 10 would get you an unnumbered auto card for a 'lesser' Prem club (from Premier Gold) but I think for most collectors its just about buying it because they don't want the gap in their collection!

As for today, hope there is one for Andros Townsend after his pitch-long run and goal, but we'll see, Palace were featured last week to be fair.

hollywood
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
As a Southampton collector these cards have cost me very little so far as we have hardly been featured!!! It would be nice to get a Redmond today but not holding my breath.

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Our wishes have been granted! Redmond (Southampton), Townsend (Palace), plus Bournemouth, Liverpool and Leicester all feature this week

John1509
Member Avatar
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
As a Palace fan, we wait ages and get two in two weeks, Three in total now for the season

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Bournemouth and Hull are the cards from this weekends very small number of fixtures

AujanAndrew
Regular Card
[ * ]
Hi all. New to the forums, and I'm one of those silly sorts trying to get the whole of this collection.

Wondering if anyone has spares of Cesc Fabregas and Patrick Van Aanholt from a couple weeks ago? Cards number 59 and 60. Have a few different ones I can swap for or can buy them off you. Missed them and haven't been able to find them anywhere! Or if anyone knows a site that sells them - no showing up on ebay, but I did get one of the cards I needed from football cards direct.

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Craig Dawson (West Bromwich Albion), Benik Afobe (AFC Bournemouth), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Leicester City and Manchester United this time.

Topps - Topps NOW Premier League (2016-17) (04)

-

FOOTBALL CARTOPHILIC INFO EXCHANGE
- - - checklists and photos of Football Cards and Stickers issued around the world, from 1880s to 2014.

WANTED:
Panini nPower Championship 2010/11 .. .. box (empty or full)
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. David Marshall - Star Player (signed); Peter Whittingham - Star Player (signed); Robert Earnshaw - MotM (Signed).
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Kenny Miller on the front.
Match Attax Championship 2012/13 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Craig Bellamy on the front.

Empty PANINI sticker albums for 2012/13 - from Colombia, Portugal, Belgium
Empty GALATA & ERREDI (Italy) album for 2012/13 - U.C. Sampdoria, Torino F.C., A.S. Roma, S.S. Lazio, A.C. Fiorentina

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

JackW
100 Club
flipthelip
Mar 2 2017, 02:08 PM
surely no one is daft enough to be collecting these as a set ?? they are not worth 10 each as a single and as a set you would be lucky to get 200 for them. flimsy with uninspiring photo matter,but that said,if it's your team or favorite player featured then I can see the attraction, just.
I agree that 10 a card is crazy and I have been doing deals with sellers on eBay so managing to so far have a complete collection without having to spend that much on each card
This is the first time they have done anything like this in the UK so having a complete set of the first set might eventually have some value
And if we were to all break down what we have spent and the value of what we have if we were to sell everything we would probably all be well out of pocket....I, as I am sure many others here, enjoy the challenge of collecting and completing sets and the cost, whilst of course remaining sensible about it, isn't the real issue....after all we have all probably spent 1000s on what is basically images printed on small pieces of card!!
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

flipthelip
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think to many collectors ( not dealers),cost IS the real issue. Especially when you have people that want your stuff 50% cheaper while selling their own for top dollar.Ring any bells?

John1509
Member Avatar
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hopefully todays Crystal Palace win at Chelsea might see them feature on a card this week,

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Yes John, got to be nailed on to feature I would think

JackW
100 Club
flipthelip
Mar 21 2017, 02:30 PM
I think to many collectors ( not dealers),cost IS the real issue. Especially when you have people that want your stuff 50% cheaper while selling their own for top dollar.Ring any bells?
Is that meant for me?

I almost never sell anything!

And when I offer prices it is because it is what I think is a fair price for the card

If I was buying cards to sell on then that would be one thing but I COLLECT these cards and have no intention of selling anything any time soon

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Ordered the Palace card as a great momento of a super victory, but do think there were better images they could have used. Oh well I guess everyone has different opinions, and it is our 4th card now.

John1509
Member Avatar
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dorking
Apr 3 2017, 12:06 PM
Ordered the Palace card as a great momento of a super victory, but do think there were better images they could have used. Oh well I guess everyone has different opinions, and it is our 4th card now.
Agreed, But it's another one for the collection, Getting expensive buying x5 pack, But in years to come, with the small print numbers, it'll be difficult to find these
Edited by John1509, Apr 3 2017, 08:17 PM.

Fabien
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Maybe i will start to collect the Topps Now, but sure it's a very expensive collection if you buy all the cards every week...

JackW
100 Club
Fabien
Apr 3 2017, 06:34 PM
Maybe i will start to collect the Topps Now, but sure it's a very expensive collection if you buy all the cards every week...
It is VERY expensive trying to buy the whole set....but at this stage I am committed...maybe best not to start next year....currently up to card no 74 in the binder so probably well over 1000 in cost so far

Fingers crossed as this is the first time they have done them in this country the set will have at least some value in years to come...particularly as the numbers of each card seem to be decreasing week by week...a full set will hopefully be pretty rare!!

If you are after some of the early cards I have some available for sale/ trade...drop me a PM if interested

flipthelip
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
JackW
Apr 2 2017, 11:34 AM
flipthelip
Mar 21 2017, 02:30 PM
Is that meant for me?

I almost never sell anything!

And when I offer prices it is because it is what I think is a fair price for the card

If I was buying cards to sell on then that would be one thing but I COLLECT these cards and have no intention of selling anything any time soon
richa6338

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
I'm hoping there are a few draws in the games tonight so that it means there is more of a chance of a Burnley card! Haha! The last one we had was at the beginning of February.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

hollywood
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I am hoping for a Southampton card in this round. We have only had three so far despite a half decent season!!!

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Hull, Spurs and Chelsea for the midweek games. Not very imaginative!

ReggieBoy
101 Card
It's interesting to see that Topps Now are offering Team Reserve deals for their Baseball cards this season. Their pricing is as follows...

$24.99 (for 3 different cards)
$39.99 (for 5 different cards)
$74.99 (for 10 different cards)

EACH MOMENT SHIPPED SEPARATELY. WHEN A MOMENT CARD IS CREATED FOR YOUR TEAM, THE NUMBER OF CARDS YOU SELECTED PER MOMENT WILL BE SHIPPED TO YOU IN 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS

This means you can choose your favourite team, and never risk missing a card. Seems a lot less hassle, and I presume if they don't issue ten different cards for your team in the season that your balance would somehow 'carry over'.

I really hope they introduce this for the Premier League cards next year because I'm sure it would tempt more collectors into going for their teams set. It certainly seems like a lot less hassle than it currently is.
ReggieBoy's Trade List
ReggieBoy's Wish List
ReggieBoy's Forum Feedback

Zabolek
Signature Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sounds exactly like what I proposed in another thread, and a good improvement if they replicate this to the Premier League.
My feedback thread
My Wishlist
My Tradelist

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
ReggieBoy
Apr 7 2017, 07:47 PM
It's interesting to see that Topps Now are offering Team Reserve deals for their Baseball cards this season. Their pricing is as follows...

$24.99 (for 3 different cards)
$39.99 (for 5 different cards)
$74.99 (for 10 different cards)

EACH MOMENT SHIPPED SEPARATELY. WHEN A MOMENT CARD IS CREATED FOR YOUR TEAM, THE NUMBER OF CARDS YOU SELECTED PER MOMENT WILL BE SHIPPED TO YOU IN 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS

This means you can choose your favourite team, and never risk missing a card. Seems a lot less hassle, and I presume if they don't issue ten different cards for your team in the season that your balance would somehow 'carry over'.

I really hope they introduce this for the Premier League cards next year because I'm sure it would tempt more collectors into going for their teams set. It certainly seems like a lot less hassle than it currently is.
I'd be well up for a subscription.Always worried I'd forget to check a couple of days after a special win.

On another note, I'm guessing that Monday night games aren't covered by Topps Now? Would happily buy a card for Palace's 3-0 win over Arsenal tonight, but guessing it won't happen :(

John1509
Member Avatar
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dorking
Apr 10 2017, 10:11 PM

On another note, I'm guessing that Monday night games aren't covered by Topps Now? Would happily buy a card for Palace's 3-0 win over Arsenal tonight, but guessing it won't happen :(
Nope, No palace card from lastnight :crying

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Palace featured this week, with Benteke the star for getting 2 goals on his return to Anfield :)

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Hopefully Burnley will get a card this week. First away win of the season!

I know this won't go down too well with the Palace lads - sorry!

Dorking
Member Avatar
101 Card
Zaha features for Palace in todays new batch

Very nice Chelsea and Spurs ones available too

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Champions League Showcase 2016 · Next Topic »
Add Reply