Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topps NOW moves into Premier League
Topic Started: Oct 31 2016, 07:44 PM (4,660 Views)
bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Me too Dorking, but I'm not expecting any Burnley cards to be honest. If Heaton didn't get chosen after his performance against United at weekend, then I am not holding out much hope for any other Burnley players!
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Dorking
Nov 1 2016, 07:10 PM
Hi bibster
During Euro16, I think 4 times out of 6 games, the Wales card was Bale. These companies cannot resist choosing the most 'sellable' players.
And I totally understand that they will use the most sellable players. I got the Panini Bale cards in the summer and I'm sure they were very popular. It just sucks a bit when you support a less fashionable team I suppose, when it comes to collecting cards!

Not sure Janssen for Spurs was a good choice. Big team, not so famous player.

It will be interesting to see how they pick the players each week. Have you seen the postage cost to the UK? :rofl
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
These are now available on Topps Direct (UK) website! Great news!

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Topps have said they will try and feature each team at least once this season, so fingers crossed for me and Dorking! :)

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Dorking
Nov 4 2016, 04:46 PM
I suppose that is good news I guess.

Guarantee the Palace card will be Christian Benteke LOL. Just sayin'!
Haha, probably!

Not sure who the Burnley one would be. Heaton, Defour or Vokes perhaps?

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
The cards for this week have been announced...

Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Manchester United) and

Ashley Barnes (Burnley) :)

I have ordered a pack of 5 Ashley Barnes cards, so I am looking forward to them arriving.
Edited by bibster, Nov 7 2016, 01:44 PM.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Alan
Nov 7 2016, 01:45 PM
bibster
Nov 4 2016, 05:41 PM
Dorking
I suppose that is good news I guess. <br /><br />Guarantee the Palace card will be Christian Benteke LOL. Just sayin'!
Haha, probably!<br /><br />Not sure who the Burnley one would be. Heaton, Defour or Vokes perhaps? <br /><br />
<br /><br />IT'S ASHLEY BARNES.....
Alan
Nov 7 2016, 01:45 PM
bibster
Nov 4 2016, 05:41 PM
Dorking
I suppose that is good news I guess.

Guarantee the Palace card will be Christian Benteke LOL. Just sayin'!
Haha, probably!

Not sure who the Burnley one would be. Heaton, Defour or Vokes perhaps?

IT'S ASHLEY BARNES.....
:653

Sorry Dorking...! :doh

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Dorking
Nov 7 2016, 07:48 PM
Just seen the postage - $44.63 to the UK - ouch!
That doesn't apply now though, as the cards are available to purchase from Topps in the UK with free postage.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
The Ashley Barnes cards arrived today. I am really pleased with the quality and how quickly they arrived.

Topps have added to their American website how many of each card released so far were printed:

https://www.topps.com/collectibles/trading-cards/premier-league-topps-now.html

129 Barnes cards were sold which surprised me a little - I didn't think it would be that high! ;)

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
JackW
Nov 15 2016, 04:38 PM
Yeah that is about 129 more of those cards than I thought they would have sold!!

My Ibrahimovic cards arrived...I ordered 5 as for an extra 12.99 its almost a no brainer not to!

They arrived quickly and in a nice hard plastic cover which is also pretty cool
I genuinely wondered if I would be the only person ordering the Barnes. Just goes to show how many other collectors are out there that collect the same things that we don't know of!

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Dorking
Nov 20 2016, 09:07 PM
I've got a sinking feeling Yaya Toure will be featured this week LOL
:fing

Me too. Along with Harry Kane.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Vardy, Mkhitaryan and Jeff Hendrick this week.

Edited by bibster, Dec 12 2016, 01:31 PM.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Dorking
Dec 13 2016, 01:23 PM
amigo
Dec 12 2016, 10:16 PM
I can't believe there is no Gunner cards yet,and the marketing staffs must be MU
buff.LOL
Agree, yet 2 x Burnley!
:653

That goal at weekend by Hendrick deserved a card! There's plenty of time/games left for all the teams to be covered, don't worry guys!

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
clem132
Dec 13 2016, 01:55 PM
should have been a Randolph after that save
I think the error he made might have ruled him out this time.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Zaha's goal was quality at weekend. He was unlucky not to be included to be fair.

I'm sure Palace will get a Topps Now card very soon. I like the fact they have released cards from the midweek fixtures. There could be a lot produced over the Christmas period. We have 3 fixtures in the space of a week!

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Perhaps Jay Rod will be in the Topps Now this weekend - 2 goals (one fantastic) and MOTM.

Not sure on the others... Perhaps Negredo for his brace and Boro's 3-0 win?

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
hollywood
Dec 24 2016, 05:20 PM
I have to say that I was very impressed with the Topps service here. Not only did I receive an email to tell me it should be delivered that day but also a message 10 minutes after it did arrive to tell me it had been delivered.

Very nice card and probably the only card which will feature the Saints white third kit which was only produced for Bournemouth away and might not be worn again.
I agree. The service for these cards really is good from Topps.

The Jay Rod card is a nice addition to my collection.

I will post the cards made available over the Christmas period on here, so hopefully no one will miss out should your team be featured.

Dorking - I have a feeling Palace will feature over Christmas due to Fat Sam taking over and the fact that 3 points will soon be around the corner!

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
I am hoping that they do release some cards for the round of fixtures just gone. With the next fixtures beginning tomorrow, I just hope they don't forget!

I also think Giroud will be included and hopefully Andre Gray for his hat trick for us yesterday!

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Yes, I am not expecting Gray to be included but it would be nice if he was! Can't really think of anything special that happened in this round of fixtures other than Giroud's goal and Gray's hat trick so maybe I will get lucky with another card.

I think there have been 5 hat tricks so far this season, so as long as Topps carry on the hat trick hero cards in Match Attax Extra, then Gray should be included. Rondon, Gray, Lukaku, Vardy and Sanchez are on the list so far!

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
This week there are 5 cards available:

Hernandez - Hull
Davies - Everton
Carroll - West Ham
Kane - Tottenham
Barton - Burnley :)

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
This week there are 5 cards once again:

Afobe - Bournemouth
Swansea
Rooney - Man Utd
Sanchez - Arsenal
Brunt - West Brom

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Dorking
Feb 1 2017, 06:39 AM
*Crossing fingers for a Benteke card*

!!!!
I think you might get your wish this week! :clap

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
I can see why 4 of the 5 were chosen but the Swansea card is a strange one. Fingers crossed we get our first away win this weekend and are included next week!
Edited by bibster, Feb 2 2017, 03:55 PM.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
harryl1878
Feb 5 2017, 11:11 AM
Lukaku, Sunderland, Hull, Chelsea all nailed on this week surely.
Absolutely! One of the easier weeks to predict who will be included.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Fabien
Feb 5 2017, 03:21 PM
add Gabriel Jesus from Manchester City.
Wasn't he included last week? It would be good to have a bit of variety - perhaps something will happen in the Leicester v United game...

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
I feel for you. We have lost 2 games against Arsenal this season because of dodgy referees!

I think it is quite hard to choose the 5 cards this week. Liverpool and Southampton will be 2, but not sure of the other 3.

Hoping that Burnley are included for the stunning Brady free kick to earn a draw against Chelsea. But not holding my breath!

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Delighted with the Brady card. Another one for the growing collection. It's alright this Premier League lark! ;)

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
cannon
Feb 13 2017, 09:57 PM
bibster
Feb 13 2017, 08:39 PM
Delighted with the Brady card. Another one for the growing collection. It's alright this Premier League lark! ;)
pleased for you, fully deserved as it was a brilliant free kick from brady (ex Hull City) :clap
Thanks! :1356

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
I agree flipthelip. I have bought the Burnley cards released so far as I collect all Burnley cards but spending up to 50 a week on 5 cards is crazy. I doubt very much that a set would be worth anything like the amount paid out, come the end of the season.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
I'm hoping there are a few draws in the games tonight so that it means there is more of a chance of a Burnley card! Haha! The last one we had was at the beginning of February.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Hull, Spurs and Chelsea for the midweek games. Not very imaginative!

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Hopefully Burnley will get a card this week. First away win of the season!

I know this won't go down too well with the Palace lads - sorry!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Champions League Showcase 2016 · Next Topic »
Add Reply