Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Match Attax CL 16/17 - UK LE's - Where to find them...
Topic Started: Jan 10 2017, 02:44 PM (1,150 Views)
Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]

Topps - UEFA Champions League Match Attax 2016/17 (67) - Limited Edition - Where to find them

-

FOOTBALL CARTOPHILIC INFO EXCHANGE
- - - checklists and photos of Football Cards and Stickers issued around the world, from 1880s to 2014.

WANTED:
Panini nPower Championship 2010/11 .. .. box (empty or full)
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. David Marshall - Star Player (signed); Peter Whittingham - Star Player (signed); Robert Earnshaw - MotM (Signed).
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Kenny Miller on the front.
Match Attax Championship 2012/13 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Craig Bellamy on the front.

Empty PANINI sticker albums for 2012/13 - from Colombia, Portugal, Belgium
Empty GALATA & ERREDI (Italy) album for 2012/13 - U.C. Sampdoria, Torino F.C., A.S. Roma, S.S. Lazio, A.C. Fiorentina

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jmds
i-card
[ *  * ]
Thanks for posting Alan. And as a new sign-up to the forum, a general thank you for all the work you do on the Cartophilic site as well. It's an amazing resource.

Just a couple of quick questions that I'm not sure whether people can help with.
1) It mentions two LEs are to be given out with Match of the Day mag on 12th Jan. Is that the date the magazine should hit the shops or the cover date?
2) What are the 'selected stores' where you can pick up the freebies?

Thanks!

punciak70
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi
What does it mean "swap&store"? Where will be Messi silver available?

mszaby
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
swap & store for PL: https://www.toppsdirect.com/match-attax-2016-17-swap-store-binder.html

It think will be a same to CL too inc. Messi silver.
I've had successful swaps with
DARBO,saschb,gt6943,tanshak,JRDuck,CharlesHK,uta5644,Cjchelsea,almendras88,dciacano,Tobygan
MostlyAutumn1,UKBasedCollector,amigo,bassotto,jcarlosola,FOzzy1999,paradogs77,mojoe, dan5577,bibster,MA!CCFC98
pnchocolates,Monkeyboy1972,football boots,Rausome,Matt,norris,ovi,Tessavo,edie76,,raress,robjones1973
clem132,Panini King,horiab,matchattaxmasters22,manfred,EthenB reds,xavi101,siege27,jojje66,gp#3,LFC_Fan,trigo,kgarnett,cardmonster,oneofthebest

DON'T TRUST naveensachdev

My feedbacks
my swap and wishlist on laststicker

Renko
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
jmds
Jan 11 2017, 01:21 PM
Thanks for posting Alan. And as a new sign-up to the forum, a general thank you for all the work you do on the Cartophilic site as well. It's an amazing resource.

Just a couple of quick questions that I'm not sure whether people can help with.
1) It mentions two LEs are to be given out with Match of the Day mag on 12th Jan. Is that the date the magazine should hit the shops or the cover date?

Thanks!
Match of the Day magazine dated 12 January is in stores today. It comes with both limited edition cards.

I suspect "selected" means the large majority - the mag I purchased had a outer wraper which the limited editions were behind
Bring back Championship Match Attax!

Then for 2016-17 season League One Match Attax :-/

Renko
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Renko
Jan 12 2017, 09:41 AM
jmds
Jan 11 2017, 01:21 PM

Thanks!
Match of the Day magazine dated 12 January is in stores today. It comes with both limited edition cards.

I suspect "selected" means the large majority - the mag I purchased had a outer wraper which the limited editions were behind
Actually I hadn't looked very closely at what I'd purchased. The Match of the Day Euro All-stars Special 2017 costs £3.25, was in the shops today, and includes both limited editions (Messi bronze & Aubameyang silver.

safariman
101 Card
UK Buffon Hundred Club different to the International version
Tracitradings - The home of Discounted Trading Cards - www.tracitradings.co.uk

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Given the time between the Summer transfer window and the collection being released not just here its a shame they couldn't replace Nacer Chadli, Islam Slimani and Jack Wilshere, bad enough releasing it here when the groups have finished.

jmds
i-card
[ *  * ]
Did anyone get both the Messi bronze and Aubameyang silver LEs with one magazine then? I only got the Aubameyang in mine so went back to get another and got... another Aubameyang! They were both in one of the two packets that were in the outer wrapper.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
The packet that the magazine came in said on the front of mine that it included both the bronze and silver (and it did). I got mine from WH Smith.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jimmieg7
101 Card
I bought 9 magazines from WHSmith and I got a bit of a surprise in one packet I got 5 limited edition cards 4 silver and 1 bronze in 5 other packets I got 4 additional silvers and 2 additional Bronze in total I got 10 extra cards I would imagine there has been some sort of packing error resulting in some packets receiving less or even none
Ebay Feedback

jmds
i-card
[ *  * ]
bibster
Jan 12 2017, 07:44 PM
The packet that the magazine came in said on the front of mine that it included both the bronze and silver (and it did). I got mine from WH Smith.
Thanks. Got mine from Sainsburys so there's obviously different versions knocking about!

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
safariman
Jan 12 2017, 05:42 PM
Check this out...

Topps - UEFA Champions League Match Attax 2016/17 (59) - Juventus - different cards

-

- - - checklists and photos of Football Cards and Stickers issued around the world, from 1880s to 2014.

WANTED:
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. David Marshall - Star Player (signed); Peter Whittingham - Star Player (signed); Robert Earnshaw - MotM (Signed).
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Kenny Miller on the front.
Match Attax Championship 2012/13 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Craig Bellamy on the front.

Empty GALATA & ERREDI (Italy) album for 2012/13 - U.C. Sampdoria, Torino F.C., A.S. Roma, S.S. Lazio, A.C. Fiorentina

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
jmds
Jan 12 2017, 07:47 PM
bibster
Thanks. Got mine from Sainsburys so there's obviously different versions knocking about!
The blurb does state 'Selected Stores Only' - I think that means W.H. Smith.

Topps - UEFA Champions League Match Attax 2016/17 (67) - Limited Edition - Where to find them

-

WANTED:

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

Phild
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Alan
Jan 13 2017, 08:20 AM
safariman
Jan 12 2017, 05:42 PM
Check this out...

Topps - UEFA Champions League Match Attax 2016/17 (59) - Juventus - different cards

-
The fact they changed those cards make it even more baffling that they left in players who have changed clubs in this country.

jmds
i-card
[ *  * ]
Alan
Jan 13 2017, 08:22 AM
jmds
bibster

-
Can anyone help me out here please? What does the plastic cover look like for the magazines that have both LEs? The one in my local WHSmith is the same as the ones as I bought yesterday in Sainsburys. At the top of those ones it says 'Includes rare limited edition card' and then has a big yellow arrow pointing to the silver Aubameyang. Is that different to the ones that have Messi as well?

Thanks everyone!

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
jmds
Jan 13 2017, 11:56 AM
Alan
Jan 13 2017, 08:22 AM
jmds
bibster

-
Can anyone help me out here please? What does the plastic cover look like for the magazines that have both LEs? The one in my local WHSmith is the same as the ones as I bought yesterday in Sainsburys. At the top of those ones it says 'Includes rare limited edition card' and then has a big yellow arrow pointing to the silver Aubameyang. Is that different to the ones that have Messi as well?

Thanks everyone!

This is the one I bought in W.H. Smith this morning - it had two LEs in it.

Topps - UEFA Champions League Match Attax 2016/17 (69) - Match of the Day Euro All-Stars 2017 Special

-

WANTED:

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

jmds
i-card
[ *  * ]
Thanks Alan. Although having now bought a magazine from WHSmith I can confirm that it doesn't guarantee more than one LE. My bronze Messi hunt will have to continue.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
I have thrown mine away but it definitely made it clear that both cards were included. Not the same as your cover Alan by the looks of it.

If I can, I will try and go back in WH Smith later and take a photo.
Edited by bibster, Jan 13 2017, 01:03 PM.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

clem132
100 Club
In tesco u get both says it on the cover as well

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
bibster
Jan 13 2017, 01:03 PM
I have thrown mine away but it definitely made it clear that both cards were included. Not the same as your cover Alan by the looks of it.

If I can, I will try and go back in WH Smith later and take a photo.

Perhaps WH Smith in Bridgend just got ordinary ones and I was lucky to find a Sergio Ramos LE in the second packet.

WANTED:

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

safariman
101 Card
Anyone know where the preview packs are?

clem132
100 Club
in epic magazine plus match of the day dream team issue, also next weeks MOTD

safariman
101 Card
I know those are but proper preview packs for sale on EBay - actually say preview pack on so probably have the trophy card like last season

BigErnst
Member Avatar
101 Card
Can anyone confirm the price of this magazine - I've bought some @ £2.99 and only contained Aubameyang Silver although I've been told there are Magazines priced @ £3.25 - these might be the ones with both LE's in.
BigErnst's Wishlist
BigErnst's Tradelist
Football Card Shop Website - Suppliers of Topps Match Attax Cards

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
I paid £3.25 for mine that contained both limited editions.

everton fc
Member Avatar
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi all . Does anyone know if this code card is worth anything. it as a plan back..

[IMG][URL=http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/goulden1967taker/media/nick%20013_zpsz086hkse.jpg.html]Posted Image[/URL][/IMG]
[IMG][url=https://imgur.com/iaiyi4a]Posted Image[/url][/IMG]

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
Jimmieg7
I bought 9 magazines from WHSmith and I got a bit of a surprise in one packet I got 5 limited edition cards 4 silver and 1 bronze in 5 other packets I got 4 additional silvers and 2 additional Bronze in total I got 10 extra cards I would imagine there has been some sort of packing error resulting in some packets receiving less or even none
did you go and buy some more? :D
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here

BigErnst
Member Avatar
101 Card
bibster
Jan 13 2017, 07:22 PM
I paid £3.25 for mine that contained both limited editions.
Did you get yours from WH Smith @Bibster?
BigErnst's Wishlist
BigErnst's Tradelist

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
I picked up a MOTD Special that was £3.25 from WH Smith and my magazine contained both Limited Editions, and also displayed both Limited Editions on the magazine wrapping.
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

BigErnst
Member Avatar
101 Card
Looks like its a WH Smith exclusive then!
BigErnst's Wishlist
BigErnst's Tradelist

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Yes mine was from WH Smith.

Jimmieg7
101 Card
I got mine from WHSmith Tesco one stop and 6 independants both cards in each
Ebay Feedback

chuck332
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My local WHSmith in Harlow only has the magazine with the Auberang limited. Also the same with Smiths at Stansted airport and the Birchanger services on the M11, so obviously not a Smiths exclusive

jmds
i-card
[ *  * ]
Straight from the horse's mouth on Twitter:
"No, there's only one wrapping. Every issue is guaranteed an Aubameyang, but additional Messi's have been randomly allocated"

Although it's pretty suspicious that at least two people here paid 25p more for their magazine and got two LEs! Could just be a coincidence I suppose!
Edited by jmds, Jan 16 2017, 10:15 AM.

clem132
100 Club
defo says you get both limited editions on the £3.25 issue in my tesco

chuck332
Player of the Month
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is what it says on the MOTD Magazine website.

Will you get a Messi or Aubameyang LE?

This week, as well as your weekly dose of MOTD Mag, we’ve released our Euro All-Stars Special!

It’s on sale for eight weeks and with it every reader gets two packs of the new Champions League Match Attax!

Within those packs you’re guaranteed either a Messi Bronze LE or an Aubameyang silver!

SOME COULD EVEN HAVE BOTH!

Renko
Member Avatar
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
clem132
Jan 16 2017, 11:22 AM
defo says you get both limited editions on the £3.25 issue in my tesco
This is what the copies in my Tesco also say and cost. Same as the one I bought from a WHSmiths.

jmds
i-card
[ *  * ]
I've now found a copy of the £3.25 magazine in a Morrisons near where I'm working. And, contrary to what the MotD Mag Twitter person said, there is a slightly different cover.

Look for the arrow on the top right corner. On the £2.99 version with just Aubameyang there's a yellow arrow saying 'Includes rare limited edition'. On the ones with both LEs the arrow is red and says 'Every reader gets both of these LE cards.'

Hope that helps everyone.

safariman
101 Card
anyone seen Mega Tins or Swap & go's at any shops?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Match Attax CL 16/17 · Next Topic »
Add Reply