Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Latest Footballcardsforum News
****Welcome to Footballcardsforum, the biggest and best Soccer Trading Card Forum on the Net!! ****
Welcome to Football Cards Forum, join up and talk to 5000+ other collectors or just browse all card info posted.

Click here to register and Join our community!

Click here to find instructions on how to join our exclusive Futera mini league - FREE 5 packs of futera vcards when you play 10 games!!.

Posted Image

To post on the forum you will need to register . This will also allow you to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, trading cards and voting in our survey. Registration is simple, fast, and COMPLETELY FREE. It takes less than a minute honestly!!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features. If you have forgotten your login details please email footballcardsforum@googlemail.com with your email address and your username and password can be sent to you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Match Attax 2017/2018 - out on 28 September
Topic Started: Jul 24 2017, 12:28 PM (3,192 Views)
Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
More info:

Topps - Match Attax 2017/2018 (001) - First News

-

FOOTBALL CARTOPHILIC INFO EXCHANGE
- - - checklists and photos of Football Cards and Stickers issued around the world, from 1880s to 2014.

WANTED:
Panini nPower Championship 2010/11 .. .. box (empty or full)
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. David Marshall - Star Player (signed); Peter Whittingham - Star Player (signed); Robert Earnshaw - MotM (Signed).
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Kenny Miller on the front.
Match Attax Championship 2012/13 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Craig Bellamy on the front.

Empty PANINI sticker albums for 2012/13 - from Colombia, Portugal, Belgium
Empty GALATA & ERREDI (Italy) album for 2012/13 - U.C. Sampdoria, Torino F.C., A.S. Roma, S.S. Lazio, A.C. Fiorentina

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Match Attax Mac
Game Changer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just got the email from click distribution. Very similar to last season in terms of products and design. Must've got some good feedback from somewhere, because I thought it was appalling.

JackW
100 Club
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
They look nice and bright this year

Interesting to see who the 100 Clubs and LEs would be...I guess it will depend on when the cut-off point for the decisions on these are...I suspect there will be a few more superstars arriving in the Premier League in the next couple of weeks

100 Club goalkeeper must be Courtois....De Gea, Cech and Lloris have been 100 Clubs or LEs in the last few years
100 Club defender will probably be Kyle Walker after what he did last year and his big money move
100 Club midfielder could be DeBruyne as top assister or maybe Kante after back to back Prem wins
100 Club striker could be Lukaku or maybe Morata

These are all kind of based on the fact that some of the other choice have already been LEs or 100 Clubs in the last few years...Kane would probably be the striker but he featured last year

Anyone else got any thoughts?
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
created MA 17/18 section and moved topic.
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here

bigmike1712
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think the best news is the expanded 100 clubs. Do you think this will be along the lines of the Champions League 100 clubs where there were 11 different 100 clubs. As a seller I think this is great news if I was a buyer then maybe not so much. But for Topps the more 100 clubs the more money for them so I can see why it would be extended. So if there were 11 100 clubs who would it be?
Mine would be:
GK - Courtois
Defenders - Walker (only because of the price) - David Luiz :)
Midfielders - De Bruyne - Kante - Ozil ? - Countino
Forwards - Kane - Lukaku - Lacazette - Rooney (hopefully not)

Also the brand new foil sets sound interesting

BigErnst
Member Avatar
101 Card
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lets hope the card quality is better than last year.
BigErnst's Wishlist
BigErnst's Tradelist
Football Card Shop Website - Suppliers of Topps Match Attax Cards

spursdave
spursdave
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
bigmike1712
Jul 29 2017, 09:27 AM
I think the best news is the expanded 100 clubs. Do you think this will be along the lines of the Champions League 100 clubs where there were 11 different 100 clubs. As a seller I think this is great news if I was a buyer then maybe not so much. But for Topps the more 100 clubs the more money for them so I can see why it would be extended. So if there were 11 100 clubs who would it be?
Mine would be:
GK - Courtois

Deli must be in there somewhere Mike and next year Kyle Walker-Peters maybe.
I'd love to see Topps do some cards like the late 1970's which were colourful and informative.
http://bluntshallbooksandtradingcards.webplus.net/index.html

Tollyman
Member Avatar
Administrator
bigmike1712
Jul 29 2017, 09:27 AM
Mine would be:
GK - Courtois

don't players have to be playing in the EPL...Coutinho! :crying
Forum feedback - click here

Ebay feedback - click here

bigmike1712
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
Totally forgot about Alli and Eriksen :(

We all know what Topps is like with the Wilshere debacle of last season

I want to know what happened to the results of that survey we did for new card designs as some of them were quality

A thicker card like Panini would be brilliant but cant see Topps doing it as they love the money too much

caveboydave
Hat Trick Hero
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
you know joe hart will be in there some where now hes back in the premier league

BigErnst
Member Avatar
101 Card
I'm still struggling to comprehend how Topps could:

a) Increase the price by 11% on Single Packs AND

b) Reduce the Card Quality

The Card Quality was the worst since I've been collecting and I sincerely hope that this rectifies itself for the forthcoming season.
BigErnst's Wishlist
BigErnst's Tradelist

Match Attax Mac
Game Changer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
they need to make
1. the cards thicker
2. the texture of the cards how they used to be
3. bring back a variety foils, not just the smooth reflective ones
4. If they can't do this; make the cards cheaper.
5. enhance gameplay

bigmike1712
Fans Favourite
[ *  *  *  * ]
The new design of the cards is out on match attax on twitter showing the new Kevin De Bruyne base card. It has a light blue background so obviously I thought each team would have it's own colour on the base cards, that is not the case and the blue around the De Bruyne card will be around every card replacing the purple from last year hmmmmm

Badge32
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Have any pre-view packs been released yet

Jimmieg7
101 Card
Looks like wc 25th September in MOTD a week later than normal

Badge32
Man of the Match
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
thanks

JackW
100 Club
BigErnst
Aug 17 2017, 09:00 AM

The Card Quality was the worst since I've been collecting and I sincerely hope that this rectifies itself for the forthcoming season.
What they need to do is engage with the collectors a bit more....I am sure there are lots of people on here and other forums who would happily offer advice and suggestions as to how the cards can be improved and be made more appealing but I have never seen anywhere that they are trying to do this.
For a company with the status of Topps to not have a HUGE social media following for a product like Match Attax...which apparently has 1.5million UK collectors is crazy....and I am sure costing them money!
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

safariman
101 Card
International Stars subset exclusive to Tescos
Tracitradings - The home of Discounted Trading Cards - www.tracitradings.co.uk

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
safariman
Sep 21 2017, 09:21 AM
International Stars subset exclusive to Tescos
Found in normal packets in boxes at Tesco or in multipacks?
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Kit Cards are a Tesco exclusive, so they're getting two different exclusive sets!

- - - checklists and photos of Football Cards and Stickers issued around the world, from 1880s to 2014.

WANTED:
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. David Marshall - Star Player (signed); Peter Whittingham - Star Player (signed); Robert Earnshaw - MotM (Signed).
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Kenny Miller on the front.
Match Attax Championship 2012/13 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Craig Bellamy on the front.

Empty GALATA & ERREDI (Italy) album for 2012/13 - U.C. Sampdoria, Torino F.C., A.S. Roma, S.S. Lazio, A.C. Fiorentina

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

safariman
101 Card
Will be in gravity feeder packs but probably also multipacks
Edited by safariman, Sep 21 2017, 02:49 PM.

Jimmieg7
101 Card
safariman
Sep 21 2017, 01:45 PM
Will be in gravity feeder packs but probably also multipacks
Great news thanks for update

safariman
101 Card
have picture of De Bruyne but don't know how to upload it here

Match Attax Mac
Game Changer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
JackW
Sep 21 2017, 08:45 AM
BigErnst
Aug 17 2017, 09:00 AM

What they need to do is engage with the collectors a bit more....I am sure there are lots of people on here and other forums who would happily offer advice and suggestions as to how the cards can be improved and be made more appealing but I have never seen anywhere that they are trying to do this.
For a company with the status of Topps to not have a HUGE social media following for a product like Match Attax...which apparently has 1.5million UK collectors is crazy....and I am sure costing them money!
Im no sales/marketing expert, but in the survey's they put out, surely if they asked questions such as "who is your favourite person to watch on YouTube?" or "what is your favourite magazine?" Because they could be getting pre-release exposure completely wrong. What if nobody watched the 20 pack early videos or if nobody bought the more magazine this year? They would lose sales because kids - their main target, wouldn't even know they were out.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Alan - the missing Burnley base card on your checklist is Jack Cork.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
bibster
Sep 21 2017, 07:21 PM
Alan - the missing Burnley base card on your checklist is Jack Cork.
Thank you Catherine.

WANTED:

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

JackW
100 Club
safariman
Sep 21 2017, 03:32 PM
have picture of De Bruyne but don't know how to upload it here

And what is the point of them sending out pre-release packs and then not promoting them? Why would they not AT THE VERY LEAST re-tweet a post or like it or post it on their Facebook page? I appreciate that they may not want to be seen favouring one person/ YouTuber...in that case why not repost/ tweet them all?....to not do any defeats the object of sending them out if they are not going to help get them seen!
Edited by JackW, Sep 21 2017, 08:29 PM.

safariman
101 Card
guess the last comment has been answered - shame they don't respond to the sellers

Match Attax Mac
Game Changer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
JackW
Sep 21 2017, 08:28 PM

And what is the point of them sending out pre-release packs and then not promoting them? Why would they not AT THE VERY LEAST re-tweet a post or like it or post it on their Facebook page? I appreciate that they may not want to be seen favouring one person/ YouTuber...in that case why not repost/ tweet them all?....to not do any defeats the object of sending them out if they are not going to help get them seen![/quote]Probably too busy promoting Disney fairy sticker albums...

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
It looks as though there could be an error in the set.

The Tommy Smith Huddersfield MOTM card image I have seen has Mark Hudson on it. We will have to wait and see whether this is the actual card released!

Jimmieg7
101 Card
bibster
Sep 24 2017, 08:37 AM

The Tommy Smith Huddersfield MOTM card image I have seen has Mark Hudson on it. We will have to wait and see whether this is the actual card released!
What a great spot if proven to be true!

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
bibster

And I think Mark Hudson retired in the summer.

WANTED:

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
Alan
Sep 24 2017, 11:11 AM
bibster

That's right Alan, he did.

He is now part of the coaching team at Huddersfield. I spoke to him yesterday after we played them.

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
bibster
Sep 24 2017, 11:29 AM
Alan
Sep 24 2017, 11:11 AM
bibster

That's right Alan, he did.

He is now part of the coaching team at Huddersfield. I spoke to him yesterday after we played them.
Still thought of as a hero at Cardiff City.

Let's hope it is the Mark Hudson version that gets released this week.

WANTED:

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

Tankerton1
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Saw this post and contacted a friend of mine who had some packs sent to him early by topps to promote on his YouTube channel (GBW - as a thank you for allowing me to use his photos I said I would put a link to his channel with this post: https://m.youtube.com/user/GamerBoyWii ). So have a look at the photos attached to this post.

He had a look at the cards sent to him and he had managed to get a Tommy Smith MOTM card which shows Mark Hudson on it and the difference between the two can also be seen between the MOTM card and Smiths base card, it's two completely different people! Hopefully topps will correct the mistake and issue a corrected version.

I did have a photo of the base card side by side with the MOTM card, but the image is too large a file to be uploaded onto here.

Posted Image
Attached to this post:
Attachments: IMG_0086.jpg (33.66 KB)
Edited by Tankerton1, Sep 24 2017, 06:35 PM.
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
That's the one Toby! So it looks like that is the first error card for the new collection.

bibster
Member Avatar
Global Moderator
I have just picked up 10 packets from WH Smith. They were in a massive Match Attax bin, with hundreds of packets in. Think it said something about the hero packs.

BigErnst
Member Avatar
101 Card
Yep - they are also on sale at my local Post Office - is anyone able to check whether they are in stock in Tesco?
BigErnst's Wishlist
BigErnst's Tradelist

BigErnst
Member Avatar
101 Card
Has anyone spotted any of the Mega Tins?

Click have emailed stating there is a production issue so these will be delayed.
BigErnst's Wishlist
BigErnst's Tradelist

Alan
Member Avatar
Masters Card
Only one Match of the Day mag in my shop - the packet is red around the "Match Attax" logo. Can the promo packets also be found in blue, green and yellow?

WANTED:

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Match Attax 17/18 · Next Topic »
Add Reply