Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Freshsnarkdaily. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Storage Wars; What's in the box?
Topic Started: Jan 8 2012, 03:30 AM (742 Views)
IcyAll
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Anyone else watch this show?

My brother and nephew got me hooked over Christmas. I. can't. stop. watching.

Of course, duh, it's fake -- they get estimates and the show says they MADE that much money, but that's an estimate, not a sale.

I like all the characters/people except Dave bugs me a bit.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CajunMama
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Let's keep our fingers crossed that Dave "yuuuuuuup" will not be back next season. Sheesh, those reality stars get quite the big ego and think they're actually worth more money. :lol:

Dave Hester wants more $$

andme
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
CajunMama
Jan 10 2012, 07:01 PM
Let's keep our fingers crossed that Dave "yuuuuuuup" will not be back next season. Sheesh, those reality stars get quite the big ego and think they're actually worth more money.  :lol:

Dave Hester wants more $$

Yes!!! I can't stand Dave either; He's such a douche.

I can't believe I didn't realize that they got paid for this show. Wonder how much they get?

IcyAll
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I hope Dave does not come back. His signature "YEP!" bugs the fucking shit out of me. But he'd be pretty stupid to turn his back on stardom and cash, no matter how paltry he thinks it is, in this economy. This might just be a PR stunt.

Andme, found this:

Quote:

How much do stars of storage wars make per episode
The salaries of the “Storage Wars” cast are not disclosed, but a good estimate can be made based on other reality shows. Some reality stars don’t make any salary, but they see their businesses boom due to the exposure the show provides. “Storage Wars” is the most watched series in the history of A&E. This likely puts its cast in the pay range of Jon from “Jon & Kate Plus 8” who was making $22,500 per episode during his last season. Heavy hitters like “Jersey Shore” members make $30,000+ for each episode.

andme
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
IcyAll
Jan 13 2012, 05:35 PM
I hope Dave does not come back. His signature "YEP!" bugs the fucking shit out of me. But he'd be pretty stupid to turn his back on stardom and cash, no matter how paltry he thinks it is, in this economy. This might just be a PR stunt.

Andme, found this:

Quote:

How much do stars of storage wars make per episode
The salaries of the “Storage Wars” cast are not disclosed, but a good estimate can be made based on other reality shows. Some reality stars don’t make any salary, but they see their businesses boom due to the exposure the show provides. “Storage Wars” is the most watched series in the history of A&E. This likely puts its cast in the pay range of Jon from “Jon & Kate Plus 8” who was making $22,500 per episode during his last season. Heavy hitters like “Jersey Shore” members make $30,000+ for each episode.

Wow...thanks, Icy. No wonder some of these people are willing to act like asses on TV

oleander
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Oh thank god I'm not the only one watching this. What is it about this show? Whenever there's a marathon on, I swear to myself I'll only watch once and then - bam - four hours later I'm still watching. It's like those meth commercials where the users say, "I'm only going to try meth once." Um, yeah - I just made that analogy.

I hate the YUP guy and my favorite is the Barry. I'd love to be a millionaire with all the time and money in the world to just go around buying storage lockers in the hope I end up with stupid shit that somehow is valuable.

CajunMama
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I still love Barry!

Darrel is such an ass. He should really duct tape his mouth. He sounds so stupid even when he opens it to breath!

Dave is unfortunately still on the show.

Jarrod doesn't bother me too much.

andme
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Yup Dave seriously over-values everything. And if he brings that stupid truck and two workers, he could hardly be making much.

I like Barry. too! Jarrod and his wife seem OK, but they are just trying to keep their business going.

Darrell needs to get a shirt. That tank top is TMI.

IcyAll
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
All the men are so fucking confident, you'd think they were running for President or something.

Oleander, I'm with ya -- I start watching one and end up hours later, still caught up in "what's in THAT storage container?" ... it's the good result for the whole Geraldo Rivera opening Al Capone's vault, right? They skip to the good stuff, past the "is there something in there" to "WHAT is in there?" ... and it's that glimpse into what people have. I'm such a snoop.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · Reality TV Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply