Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to In The Balcony. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Plus, you'll be eligible for the monthly $1 million prize. (Not really.)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Meanwhile, up in the balcony...
Topic Started: Sep 12 2005, 08:59 PM (11,410 Views)
Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
Look for In The Balcony on Facebook!
[ *  *  * ]
Hey, gang, thanks for all of your encouragement and participation. I dunno about YOU, but I'M having fun.

This was a working weekend for me, and a busy week catching up with some of my various writing projects, so I've been slow in updating inthebalcony.com. Be patient, though, because we've got some fine stuff coming soon (well, I think it's fine, anyway, but you know how easy to please I am).

Wednesday, we're going to announce a new Bank Night contest, and soon I'll be posting a review of a Bela Lugosi film recently released to DVD that nobody else has mentioned around here, and an overlooked film with John Wayne. Ah, and the great Laughing Gravy Friday Night Movie Parties (also known as "FNF") begin again this week, and we'll have lots to talk about in that department.

Stick around -- the best is yet to come! Probably!

Your pal,
Gravy

"I'm glad that this question came up, because there are so many ways to answer it that one of them is bound to be right." - Robert Benchley
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
We're doing some revamping 'round the Balcony as I figure out how to do all this neat stuff; by request, now when you click on a link in the LINKS section it'll open in a new window. I've added a few more swell links, too, for your perusal.

Next up: renovating the REVIEWS section. Stay tuned, Balconeers!

P.S. I was talking with the hosting company today, and the guy (good ol' Ryan from Canada) checked my stats (well, that is, ahem, the website's stats) and advised me that they are VERY impressive for a new website. So there! Keep it up, gang, and remember to wake the neighbors and phone the kids: the Balcony is OPEN!
"I'm glad that this question came up, because there are so many ways to answer it that one of them is bound to be right." - Robert Benchley

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Okay, the Reviews section at www.inthebalcony.com has been revamped for ease of use, and we've also added some upcoming Roan Group titles to our News section, so you'll want to check that out, we bet. Watch for some brand-new reviews this weekend, and some other neat stuff we can't yet talk about (because we haven't thunk it up yet).

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Here at Balcony Central, we're still having fun trying new things and formats. Over at www.inthebalcony.com, you'll find some new reviews, including this week's DVD release of Sam Peckinpah's Major Dundee starring Charlton Heston and an all-but-forgotten "old dark house" mystery from Alpha.

I'm planning on updating the "News" section soon, and we're adding a DVD release calendar, too. Oh, yeah, and for the month of October, we'll be giving out some Halloween-themed stuff on Bank Night, so stay tuned -- the best really is yet to come. Thanks for joining us In The Balcony!

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
At www.inthebalcony.com, you'll now find that the "DVDs" tab leads directly to a new feature, our monthly calendar of DVD releases. October is going to be a terrific month for classic film releases on DVD, so please check it out, and your feedback is appreciated.

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
The NEWS section has been updated, with some upcoming titles in November and December that we think you mugs are gonna love. Check it out, check it out!

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I've just discovered "Thrilling Days of Yesteryear", a blog created and staffed by one of our own Balcony members. It's terrific, and he writes great reviews. I've put a link to it In The Balcony, or you can just visit it HERE.

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Well, we've made it through our first month. Who could've figured? Those of you who bet we'd be outta business in two weeks, pay up!

To celebrate, I'm hereby officially proclaiming everyone who joined and posted at least once in the month of September to be Charter Members for Life, eligible for fabulous special amenities, such as... well, okay, technically there's no difference, except being a "Charter Member of the Balconeers" sure will look good on any resume, eh?

Here's a reminder that, if ya haven't gotten your contest entries in already, you've got until 7:00 p.m. Sunday night to do so. This week, we're giving away a beautiful set of collector's item American-International Pictures postcards; see the Bank Night forum for details and rules.

Meanwhile, thanks again for being part of the fun and craziness. You guys are the BEST!!! No, YOU are!!!! No, YOU are!!!

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I've been remiss, I know, in getting new reviews up in the balcony... but much of the stuff I'm reviewing are serials and boxed sets, which take more time. Plus, what th' heck, there's the 39-episode Alfred Hitchcock Presents still to get through! I am going to be a throw-pillow on the couch of life, that's for sure.

In any case, there are several new reviews up at www.inthebalcony.com this morning, and soon I'll be posting some great exclusive news about an upcoming film that we're all sure to love, and we've got a new Bank Night contest coming too!

Stay tuned, Balconeers -- the best is yet to come!

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Whew -- just posted our Balcony recommendations for a Halloween film festival, plus Adrian Smith's AIP History, part three. Massive reviews of The Adventures of Superman and the Batman serial coming tomorrow, and watch for another Bank Night offering. Check out www.inthebalcony.com every day, kids, for all the info!

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Hey there, Balconeers! Still having fun?

I've just updated our DVD calendar for November... wow, is there a lot of GREAT stuff this month (again). Also, the final part of Adrian Smith's AIP history is now up, too. Watch for some new reviews coming as soon's I get time to post 'em. Which means the OLD reviews are gonna get moved to the message board, so if you like 'em in full color, read 'em now.

All this and more at www.inthebalcony.com.

And in case ya didn't notice, I added some new forums today, and moved a few threads around so it's not so hard to find stuff. I hope.

Thanks for being here!

Your pal,
Tired (but a GOOD kinda tired) Gravy

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Warners announced today that no less than SEVEN classic Oscar winners are headed for DVD in February. Read all about 'em at www.inthebalcony.com. Also, we're preparing a massive influx of reviews to go up by Monday, so look for those, too! Other than that, drive safely and have a great weekend!

P.S. Go Bengals!

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Got several new reviews up in the balcony today, plus a redecoration. Your feedback and suggestions are appreciated!

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Good morning! A couple of new reviews are up at www.inthebalcony.com, and we're rearranging stuff. A new contest will be starting soon, too. Enjoy, and have a good Veteran's Day!

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
We've added a ton of new stuff up at www.inthebalcony.com this weekend, including reviews of the Harold Lloyd Comedy Collection, the classic serial The Iron Claw, a rare Harry Langdon comedy-thriller called House of Errors, an overview of The Three Stooges on DVD, and our 2005 list of recommended serials on DVD. Whew! Enjoy, Balconeers!

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Welcome to the Balcony! · Next Topic »
Add Reply