Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to In The Balcony. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Plus, you'll be eligible for the monthly $1 million prize. (Not really.)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Serial World Magazine ...
Topic Started: Nov 24 2007, 11:44 AM (724 Views)
Don Daredevil
Member Avatar
Old Fart
[ *  *  * ]
As I've been able to gather, Serial World Magazine was published for 37 issues ... then beginning with issue 38 through ? it merged into another publication ... what was the name of that publication ?

Also, any links would be helpful.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Black Tiger
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]
Serial World begat Serial Report (which recently ceased publication under Boyd Magers)

Don Daredevil
Member Avatar
Old Fart
[ *  *  * ]
Black Tiger
Nov 24 2007, 10:14 PM
Serial World begat Serial Report (which recently ceased publication under Boyd Magers)

I was wondering how Serial "WORLD" could have been published for 37 issues, yet Serial Report picked it up at issue 30! ... so I contacted Boyd Magers ... he said ...

"We DO NOT publish SERIAL WORLD and never did. That was another, long
defunct, publication. We took over SERIAL "REPORT" from Jeff Walton w/ #30."

So then, does anyone know who published the 37 issues of Serial "WORLD" ?

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
Look for In The Balcony on Facebook!
[ *  *  * ]
Norman Kietzer.

http://www.angelfire.com/biz2/normankietzerpubs/msworld.html
"I'm glad that this question came up, because there are so many ways to answer it that one of them is bound to be right." - Robert Benchley

Black Tiger
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]
I know Jeff Walton was involved with Serial World (editor?). Walton was still involved through the creation of Serial Report (kind of like Son of Serial World) until Boyd took over.

Jeff, where are you? Your contributions to serial literature were appreciated. Walton was involved with writing some good articles for wrestling publications as well.

Don Daredevil
Member Avatar
Old Fart
[ *  *  * ]
Laughing Gravy
Nov 27 2007, 11:19 AM

Thanks Gravy ... found what I was lookin' for ...
"Serial World" issues 38 thru 63 were combined into "Westerns and Serials".

Tiger ... there's also info there on his Wrestling publications.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Continued Next Week · Next Topic »
Add Reply