Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to In The Balcony. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Plus, you'll be eligible for the monthly $1 million prize. (Not really.)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Need Help To Get Warner Archive Collection To Rel All 66 Johnny Mack Brown Monogram Westerns On Dvd
Topic Started: Sep 9 2011, 09:17 PM (558 Views)
Stagecoach
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]
I have established a separate page to my facebook account called "Wac Release All Johnny Mack Brown Monogram Westerns on Dvd Please?"  Here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wac-Release-All-Johnny-Mack-Brown-Monogram-Westerns-on-Dvd-Please/198391613560151

If you have a facebook account please go to that link and click on the "Like" button to show WAC that you support this initiative.  When I get a great number of "Likes" for this page I will bring it to WAC's attention.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Edited by Stagecoach, Sep 9 2011, 09:19 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stony Brooke da Mesquiteer
Member Avatar
Sapient Balconeer
[ *  *  * ]
Such a simple request... done.
It's like Rodney King used to say, "Can't we all get a bong."

panzer the great & terrible
Member Avatar
Mouth Breather
[ *  *  * ]
OK, I did it too.
Life is just a bowl of cherries, it's too mysterious, don't take it serious...

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
Look for In The Balcony on Facebook!
[ *  *  * ]
Warner Archive is now taking orders for Monogram Westerns vol. nine, with six Johnny Mack Brown films.
"I'm glad that this question came up, because there are so many ways to answer it that one of them is bound to be right." - Robert Benchley

Barcroft
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]
Here are the titles to the 9 JMB westerns:

Cowboy king Johnny Mack Brown became the first name in rip-roaring oaters while riding high for Monogram Pictures in the mid-forties, retiring the beloved Nevada Jack persona (but thankfully keeping the sidekick, Raymond Hatton) to eventually embrace battling the bad guys under the moniker Johnny Mack Brown. The nine nickel-plated six shooter sagas contained in this collection cover this transition as Johnny plays a succession of character variations on his own name (Johnny Macklin, Johnny Mack, Johnny Mackey) before finally saddling up as Johnny Mack Brown! Disc 1 includes: Gentleman from Texas, Trailing Danger, Flashing Guns. Disc 2 includes Land of the Lawless, Code of the Saddle, Law Comes to Gun Sight, Disc 3 includes Fighting Ranger, Frontier Agent, Sheriff Medicine Bow.

The one western a lot of collector's have been waiting for is the last of the Nevada Jack Mackenzie's entitled "The Haunted Mine". Ron Blalock aka Stagecoach has been a one man band trying to get the Warner Archives to release this film as well as the other Monograms but evidently they either don't have it or their copy is as bad as what's floating around on the gray market. I sent Trev Scott a copy of The Haunted Mine and he did his magic in cleaning it up but even with his magic you still look like your watching it thru cheesecloth so hopefully one day it will turn up.

Barcroft

Edited by Barcroft, Aug 27 2016, 02:08 PM.

« Previous Topic · Tumbleweed Terrace · Next Topic »
Add Reply