Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to In The Balcony. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Plus, you'll be eligible for the monthly $1 million prize. (Not really.)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Man called Dagger (1967); Does anyone have a copy
Topic Started: Dec 17 2015, 03:18 PM (186 Views)
Inspector Carr
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]
for some reason or another I have been searching for a copy this film to view for a long enough time to say i am embarrassed to admit to.
it is a Spy Spoof starring Paul Mantee (from Robinson Crusoe on Mars) Terry (Mrs Howard Hughes) Moore and as a Mad Scientist Nazi War Criminal comedian Jan Murray........Plus the Soundtrack was composed and performed by Steve Allen (yes with a lineup like this you now can possibly understand my obsession)

it rarely shows on television for one reason or another is an MGM film ......TCM lists it.......but other than that nada.

I missed an auction for a 16mm print on Ebay for it.....

they have even released the original soundtrack on CD with 40 minutes of bonus material...

which boggles my mind even more......

Anyone have a copy they want to part with or knows of someone that does......and you would be helping me cross off something else on my bucket list......

thank you fellow board members.

yes the trailer is on you tube.....watch it you will either go screaming into the night or fall under its mind numbing control lol
"Life is a Crapshoot however you need a pair of dice to participate"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

riddlerider
Member Avatar
Balcony Gang, Foist Class
[ *  *  * ]

Dagger is one of those movies I probably shouldn't try to track down. It was among the first movies I saw on my own, in a recently built neighborhood theater that I could reach by bicycle in ten minutes. In 1967 I would have been 14 and just beginning high school. A bunch of my classmates and I decided to see this. I'd seen Terry Moore before on TV in Mighty Joe Young, but she seemed a whole lot sexier in Dagger, and I was paying attention to such things back then. I doubt the movie holds up, though, and some memories are too precious to disturb.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Swap Shop · Next Topic »
Add Reply