Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to In The Balcony. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Plus, you'll be eligible for the monthly $1 million prize. (Not really.)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jack Davis - 1924-2016
Topic Started: Jul 27 2016, 09:38 AM (539 Views)
Don Diego
Member Avatar
Balcony Gang, Foist Class
[ *  *  * ]
Bats for around $16 at Amazon.ca

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Batman
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]

Thanks, Diego. Does this cover all his MAD work?

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman...then always be Batman!

Don Diego
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
it is the early work in Mad - when it was more like a comic book

Frank Hale
[ *  *  * ]
The MAD Archives I was describing are at the head of the following link. AFAIK they currently go through the first 24 issues in 4 volumes.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_2_12?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=mad+archives&sprefix=mad+archives%2Caps%2C445

I can't recommend the old MAD's to anyone who doesnít know what he's getting into, and especially at OOP inflated prices. As I said, I still literally laugh out loud when I think of some of the old Will Elder strips, but I've also been told more than once in the past that I was insane.

A stand-alone Jack Davis volume would hold zero-interest for me.

Whatever I could say about the Arcade Annex at this point would only make me more enemies, which I donít need..

« Previous Topic · From the Funny Pages · Next Topic »
Add Reply