Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to In The Balcony. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Plus, you'll be eligible for the monthly $1 million prize. (Not really.)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
For The Love Of Spock
Topic Started: Nov 6 2016, 12:39 PM (61 Views)
AndyFish
Member Avatar
Movie Watcha Foist Class
[ *  *  * ]
Directed by Leonard Nimoy's son Adam this documentary on the man who played Spock in the classic '66 TV series seems a bit more about the struggle of a father and son to reconnect after the casualties of achieving fame as a pop culture icon. It portrays Nimoy (Leonard) as a thoughtful actor and even though it's something of a puff piece I did enjoy it. I would have preferred less from the modern day cast of the JJ ABRAMS Star Trek films but I suspect Paramount required their participation in return for the use of clips from the show. To be fair, Nimoy did play Spock in the modern films so there is justification in having them there, I'm just not a fan of the reboot.

This is making the way through the art house circuits and it's already on Blu Ray. If you liked the original show this offers some nice behind the scenes footage of Nimoy during his peak on the show.
www.andytfish.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Batman
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]

I almost contributed to the Kickstarter campaign for this, but decided not to at the last moment. I am a huge Star Trek: TOS fan, call me a Trekkie I don't care, but felt this might end up a bit of a puff piece. Glad I held off, I'll still check it out, but on Netflix or whatever. Doesn't seem like something I need to own and/or would revisit.

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman...then always be Batman!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Reality, Practically · Next Topic »
Add Reply