Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to In The Balcony. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Plus, you'll be eligible for the monthly $1 million prize. (Not really.)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
In The Balcony Update Prize Wheel-o-Rama
Topic Started: Jan 23 2017, 06:19 PM (174 Views)
Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
Look for In The Balcony on Facebook!
[ *  *  * ]
To celebrate the update and new look at http://inthebalcony.com/ we're offering a quartet of prizes to four lucky Balconeers, including new Blu-rays of The House on 92nd Street (1945) and Boomerang (1947) courtesy of Kino Lorber and It's Always Fair Weather (1955) courtesy of the Warner Archive, plus a rare, limited-edition movie serial poster.

To be eligible, all you have to do is post a movie review of a classic film or TV show (pre-1968) on the appropriate section of our movie board; if the film has already been reviewed, add your review to the thread (check the SEARCH feature for your title before posting). Reviews must be 300 words or more. On February 15, we'll choose four winners at random, and award a special bonus prize to one new Balconeer who posts (who hadn't posted before Jan. 23).

Decision of our drunken, mistake-prone judges is final.
"I'm glad that this question came up, because there are so many ways to answer it that one of them is bound to be right." - Robert Benchley
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Prize winners must live in the U.S., Canada, or the planet Twylo.
"I'm glad that this question came up, because there are so many ways to answer it that one of them is bound to be right." - Robert Benchley

Don Diego
Member Avatar
Balcony Gang, Foist Class
[ *  *  * ]
If they are from Twylo do they win walnuts

Frank Hale
Balcony Gang, Foist Class
[ *  *  * ]
Apart from the fact that I already have all the promised prizes, 300 words is a lot.

I will, however, write a genuine review on a film to be named later, if and when you get off your dead ass, watch "Lawrence of Arabia", and comment on it (300 words not required, but at least enough to provoke discussion).

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I meant 30 words.

My ass is watching Mary Tyler Moore TV episodes tonight. When Lawrence of Arabia dies, maybe I'll watch HIM, maybe.

The Batman
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]

Yes, a little less reason to smile, tonight. I thought 2016 sucked, but 2017 is doing it's best to compete.

And, LG, Lawrence of Arabia is dead.

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman...then always be Batman!

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
He is? Did they cover that in the movie I haven't watched?

The Batman
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]

I didn't see Mary Richards die on her show, either. What's your point, son?

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I didn't even know Lawrence was sick, and now you tell me he's gone. I'm too upset to type.

The Batman
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]

You should console yourself by watching his movie.

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Unless he guest starred on The Dick Van Dyke Show or The Mary Tyler Moore Show, not tonight.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Bank Night! · Next Topic »
Add Reply