Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to In The Balcony. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Plus, you'll be eligible for the monthly $1 million prize. (Not really.)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Love & Death: The Story of Bonnie & Clyde (1995)
Topic Started: May 23 2017, 04:53 PM (225 Views)
Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
Look for In The Balcony on Facebook!
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Love & Death: The Story of Bonnie & Clyde (1995) Produced for the TV series Biography

Revisited this because Bonnie Parker & Clyde Barrow met their fate on May 23, 1934, and because my girlfriend is appearing on stage in a musical version(!) of the story, opening this week.

Dirt-poor Texans (she's 19 and married for the past 4 years, he's 20) meet and fall in love and hit the highways a-blastin' away at any copper what gets in their path. A couple of years later, betrayed by the father of a gang member, they run into an ambush in Louisiana.

Through more than one movie, we're basically familiar with the story: Clyde's older brother Buck and his wife, daughter of a preacher, are along for much of the ride. Usually romanticized in the movies, these two strike me as being horrible human beings, frankly, even as criminals go (Dillinger said they give bank robbin' a bad name, although they rarely robbed banks, preferring groceries and gas stations).

The pair's story is told via interviews with surviving family members and re-enacted footage from a film made in 1934 that I sure would like to see. Oh, and actors reading letters the two wrote to each other.

Million-dollar Dialog:
"I know you can't ever live in Dallas, honey, because you can't live down the awful name you've got here. But sugar you could go somewhere else and get a job if you want. I want you to be a man, honey, and not a thug. I know you are good and I know you can make good." - from a letter from Bonnie Parker to Clyde Barrow.

Very well done show, actually. More on Bonnie and Clyde in the Balcony.
"I'm glad that this question came up, because there are so many ways to answer it that one of them is bound to be right." - Robert Benchley
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BeckyBoop
Member Avatar
Balcony Baby
[ * ]
Laughing Gravy
May 23 2017, 04:53 PM
Posted Image

Love & Death: The Story of Bonnie & Clyde (1995) Produced for the TV series Biography

Revisited this because Bonnie Parker & Clyde Barrow met their fate on May 23, 1934, and because my girlfriend is appearing on stage in a musical version(!) of the story, opening this week.

Dirt-poor Texans (she's 19 and married for the past 4 years, he's 20) meet and fall in love and hit the highways a-blastin' away at any copper what gets in their path. A couple of years later, betrayed by the father of a gang member, they run into an ambush in Louisiana.

Through more than one movie, we're basically familiar with the story: Clyde's older brother Buck and his wife, daughter of a preacher, are along for much of the ride. Usually romanticized in the movies, these two strike me as being horrible human beings, frankly, even as criminals go (Dillinger said they give bank robbin' a bad name, although they rarely robbed banks, preferring groceries and gas stations).

The pair's story is told via interviews with surviving family members and re-enacted footage from a film made in 1934 that I sure would like to see. Oh, and actors reading letters the two wrote to each other.

Million-dollar Dialog:
"I know you can't ever live in Dallas, honey, because you can't live down the awful name you've got here. But sugar you could go somewhere else and get a job if you want. I want you to be a man, honey, and not a thug. I know you are good and I know you can make good." - from a letter from Bonnie Parker to Clyde Barrow.

Very well done show, actually. More on Bonnie and Clyde in the Balcony.
Thank you for the reminder to watch this!

Cumie Barrow: Clyde Barrow, look what you've done! I hope you know how to lay eggs!
Clyde Barrow: I hope you know how to fry chicken!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Reality, Practically · Next Topic »
Add Reply