Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to In The Balcony. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Plus, you'll be eligible for the monthly $1 million prize. (Not really.)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Classic Movie Related Croudfunding Projects
Topic Started: Jul 19 2017, 06:40 AM (528 Views)
rodney
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]
Here's a Kickstarter for some rare Lloyd Hamilton two reelers from 1920:

Lloyd Hamilton
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Batman
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]

Thanks, Rodney, I've just added my pledge!

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman...then always be Batman!

The Batman
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]

The Lloyd Hamilton Kickstarter campaign was a resounding success, surpassing the original funding goal. A pat on the back to any Balconeers who may have pledged.

The Batman
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]

Here's a new Kickstarter project that sounds really interesting for Golden Age film fans. It needs your support and it'd be a shame if it didn't get released, as it's a fascinating piece of film history.

Hollywood Victory Caravan - A Star Spangled Show

A new DVD documentary with color movie footage of Laurel & Hardy, Groucho Marx, James Cagney, Bob Hope, Joan Blondell, and many more.

CliffClaven
Member Avatar
Balcony Gang, Foist Class
[ *  *  * ]
The Batman
May 5 2018, 09:54 AM
Here's a new Kickstarter project that sounds really interesting for Golden Age film fans. It needs your support and it'd be a shame if it didn't get released, as it's a fascinating piece of film history.

A new DVD documentary with color movie footage of Laurel & Hardy, Groucho Marx, James Cagney, Bob Hope, Joan Blondell, and many more.

"Notes on a Cowardly Lion", the Bert Lahr biography by his son, theater critic John Lahr, has a chapter about the caravan. Backstage antics were more giddy than salacious; Lahr himself fell in with Cagney, Pat O'Brien, and a few other class clowns.

The Batman
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]
CliffClaven
May 5 2018, 11:35 AM
"Notes on a Cowardly Lion", the Bert Lahr biography by his son, theater critic John Lahr, has a chapter about the caravan. Backstage antics were more giddy than salacious; Lahr himself fell in with Cagney, Pat O'Brien, and a few other class clowns.

Cool, thanks Cliff, I've added the book to my cart. Hopefully the Kickstarter project is intriguing enough for you to throw in a few bucks.

Edited by The Batman, May 5 2018, 05:59 PM.

The Batman
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]
Yes, that's right! Only 4 days and 11% to go.

Just $737 dollars short of the goal as I type this. With your help that the DVD of this " one-of-a-kind" piece of Hollywood history will reach its full funding.

The Batman
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]

$703 dollars to go and just over 3 days to do it!

The Batman
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]

$81 dollars to go and just over a day to do it!

marlin lee
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]
The goal has been met. You still have until 3 PM EDT Monday, May 14 to pledge and get a DVD.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/804227833/hollywood-victory-caravan-a-star-spangled-show/description

MovieMan
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
The Batman
Jul 19 2017, 11:28 AM

Sadly, I was unable to as they don't accept sterling donations.

The Batman
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]
marlin lee
May 13 2018, 11:00 AM
The goal has been met. You still have until 3 PM EDT Monday, May 14 to pledge and get a DVD.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/804227833/hollywood-victory-caravan-a-star-spangled-show/description

Yes, I just ddin't bother to post it here as I figured no one gave a damn. Did you contribute, Marlin?

The Batman
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]
MovieMan
May 13 2018, 11:40 AM
The Batman

That campaign ended almost a year ago. And considering it originated out of Britain, I'm sure they would have taken your cash.

Tarzan
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
marlin lee
May 13 2018, 11:00 AM

Definitely looks like a worthwhile project. I'm in with my $$$
Don't sweat the small stuff kid, or you'll go bald early!

MovieMan
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
The Batman
May 13 2018, 05:44 PM
MovieMan
May 13 2018, 11:40 AM
The Batman

That campaign ended almost a year ago. And considering it originated out of Britain, I'm sure they would have taken your cash.

I thought it was the same campaign as the one now. The only reason why I didn't look into it was because I saw the dollar donations and believed that it was an American affair. My further belief also stems from the fact this site is an American one, and like I told Laughing Gravy, about 90% of the films he mentions aren't available to purchase in my country.

That's also the main reason why I'm unable to contribute more to reviews, and if I were to purchase American releases, the dollar to pound conversion would absolutely murder my pocket. And that's the main reason why I prefer to watch older films for free, that and the lack of space I have in my house in which to store my purchases.

However, I've recently gotten around to watching The Vampire Lovers, That Wonderful Urge, The Suspect and Jassy, for free, of course.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Balcony Banter · Next Topic »
Add Reply