Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to In The Balcony. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Plus, you'll be eligible for the monthly $1 million prize. (Not really.)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
chandu the magian
Topic Started: Aug 1 2017, 05:01 AM (240 Views)
copperhead
Member Avatar
Balcony Gang, Foist Class
[ *  *  * ]
this feature film from the 1930's is very entertaining and stars edmund lowe as CHANDU--HE STUDIES THE SECRETS OF YOGI MAGIC IN IN INDIA AND MASTERS IT. theres a great villian called ROXOR[BELA LUGOSI] that kidnapped a scientist who has created a death ray that can reach the entire globe. no fear, chandu is on the case!i believe after watching this that someone in marvel comics used chandu for the creation of dr. strange. great fun!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Don Diego
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
and it is part of the Kino sale

Colorist
[ *  *  * ]
I always wondered why a good guy scientist would want to invent a DEATH RAY?

CliffClaven
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Chandu is the subject of some limericks at LimerWrecks, to which I sometimes contribute as Donald Benson:

http://limoday.blogspot.com/search?q=Chandu

riddlerider
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
There's a lengthy essay on the radio and film versions of Chandu in my Cliffhanger Classics, Volume 2. It was originally published years ago in the tenth anniversary issue of Blood 'n' Thunder, but for the book publication I added a couple thousand words of behind-the-scenes information on the making of both the 1932 Fox feature and the 1934 serial.

« Previous Topic · Skull Island · Next Topic »
Add Reply