Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to In The Balcony. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Plus, you'll be eligible for the monthly $1 million prize. (Not really.)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kanopy.com; What a Deal!
Topic Started: Aug 11 2017, 12:25 PM (107 Views)
Fantomas
Member Avatar
Balcony Gang, Foist Class
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks to this article in the New York Times (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/07/movies/kanopy-collection-available-for-streaming-at-nypl-and-brooklyn-public-library.html?_r=0) I found out about Kanopy.com.
I now have access to 1000s of movies including the entire Criterion catalog via my NYPL library card. It was easy to link the account to my Roku stick, and now I can stream 10 movies a month on my TV.
Remember you cannot create an account independently, you must sign up using your library card.
So if your library is one of the 192 that are part of the system, get in on it.
Best thing about it--FREE!
"For life is short, but death is long."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Batman
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]

Thanks, Fantomas, I don't know if any Canadian libraries (including mine) are involved, but I'm sure going to check into it.

Even if I'm shutout, it's a great service for those who can take advantage.

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman...then always be Batman!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Balcony Banter · Next Topic »
Add Reply