Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to In The Balcony. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Plus, you'll be eligible for the monthly $1 million prize. (Not really.)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Naturama - Republic's New Wide-Screen Process
Topic Started: Oct 4 2017, 12:26 PM (92 Views)
The Batman
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]

From a thread at the HTF. I've never heard of "Naturama".

Naturama - Republic's New Wide-Screen Process

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman...then always be Batman!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JazzGuyy
Member Avatar
Balcony Gang, Foist Class
[ *  *  * ]
Isn't there a Blu-Ray of a Naturama film coming soon? I can't remember whether it's Olive or K-L that will release it.
You can't get there from here.

The Batman
Member Avatar
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]

I'm not aware, but intrigued.

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman...then always be Batman!

Bert Greene
Balcony Gang, Foist Class
[ *  *  * ]
Yes, I believe Kino has "The Man Who Died Twice" (1958-Rep) slated for release in November. Starring Rod Cameron and Vera Ralston (her last film, I believe). I plan on getting the Blu-ray.

Can't recall offhand if any others have been released. Olive has done many 1950s Republics, but I'm not sure if any were Naturama efforts. Usually, I'm most apt to remember old tv viewings of pan-and-scan examples like "Accused of Murder" (1956) and "Affair in Reno" (1957), all looking pretty awful. Might be pretty nice to see them in their correct ratios. I recall "Young and Wild" (1958) being a better-than-average 'teen delinquent' film, but it too was pan-and-scanned, when I taped it off-air decades ago. I'd rather like to see some of those late Republics all done right, so as to re-assess them. Those wretched old tv-prints from long ago tended to turn me away, and perhaps created an unfair bias that I harbored for a long time. I'd also rather like to see the earlier Rod Cameron and Vera Ralston pairing, "Spoilers of the Forest" (1957), of which I only have the vaguest memories of.

« Previous Topic · Balcony Banter · Next Topic »
Add Reply