Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to In The Balcony. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Plus, you'll be eligible for the monthly $1 million prize. (Not really.)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Atom Age Vampire (1963)
Topic Started: Oct 30 2017, 08:40 PM (235 Views)
Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
Look for In The Balcony on Facebook!
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Atom Age Vampire (1963) Dir. Anton Giulio Majano
Italian (dubbed English)
96 min. / B&W / 1.66:1

A beautiful nightclub entertainer is horribly mutilated in an accident (well, actually, it just looks like she has a roadmap of Paramus, New Jersey on her left cheek) and so she goes to a mad scientist (under "M" in the phone directory) who has a miracle cure, something to do with atomic power and the glands of young women. Unfortunately, the cure doesn't take for long, and so the Mad Scientist uses some of the formula to turn himself into a hideous creature who sweeps out into the night and slaughters innocent young hookers for their glands to keep his experiment happy. His lovesick nurse is VERY unhappy about the whole thing, though.

Not very vampiry, is it?

This thing's been around forever, first in the drive-in (it was three years old when it first played America) then various late-late shows and then PD DVDs and now here it is, right in the Balcony, where it belongs. Surprisingly, it doesn't stink nearly as much as I was expecting it to - it's not bad, in fact. Of course, it owes a lot to Eyes Without a Face, but what doesn't, these days?

Million-dollar Dialog:
Mad Scientist's pick-up line to his patient: "You love me! You weren't able to see clearly inside your heart and you're still too upset by everything that has happened in your life but you MUST know you love me! I have snatched you away from desperation and from DEATH!"

I dunno, I generally have low standards when it comes to things like this anyway, but I liked the darn thing. What with its lurid title and stupid stills/posters I was expecting much, much worse but it's actually a good little movie. Oh, there's a running gag with everybody needing a cigarette at the worst possible moment to step away - make that your drinking game.

Atom Age Vampire isn't hard to find on various PD DVDs.

"I'm glad that this question came up, because there are so many ways to answer it that one of them is bound to be right." - Robert Benchley
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · It Came from Beyond the Balcony · Next Topic »
Add Reply