Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to In The Balcony. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Plus, you'll be eligible for the monthly $1 million prize. (Not really.)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
Topic Started: Apr 1 2018, 06:21 AM (308 Views)
Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
Look for In The Balcony on Facebook!
[ *  *  * ]
April Fool’s!
"I'm glad that this question came up, because there are so many ways to answer it that one of them is bound to be right." - Robert Benchley
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MovieMan
Member Avatar
Balcony Gang, Foist Class
[ *  *  * ]
And how have you fooled us by making out you've watched a film we knew you wouldn't be watching anyway? And now that you've managed to find a suitable category, your reason for not watching the film has evaporated.

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
"I'm glad that this question came up, because there are so many ways to answer it that one of them is bound to be right." - Robert Benchley

MovieMan
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Did you design this joke to poke fun at the other posters on here, whom you claim to like and get on with, or did you design the joke to have a poke at me, and try and fool me over a film I never believed you'd watch in the first place but have now decided to claim the opposite to be true?

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Yes.

MovieMan
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Laughing Gravy
Apr 1 2018, 08:28 AM
Yes.
Are you able to tell me in what way you think you fooled me?

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I'm still trying to figure out where I said I like and get on with all the posters here. Mr. Hale keeps a-stealin' my chickens, and Stony... well, you don't even want to KNOW what HE has on me.

mort bakaprevski
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Ya fooled me, Gravy.

And, I definitely got a chuckle out of it!!
"Nov Shmoz Ka Pop."

Frank Hale
[ *  *  * ]
I can't recall ever stealing a chicken, but I must report that, as a small lad, I did shoot one with a BB-gun on my uncle's Tennessee farm.

I was quickly taken in hand and suitably reprimanded. I am happy to report that, as far as I can remember, the chicken suffered no apparent damage other than a temporarily aggrieved disposition.

Our vast world-wide audience will have to judge independently any parallels to this message-board.

Laughing Gravy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Last time I checked the website stats, I actually did have a worldwide audience.

Say, remember that Our Gang comedy where Billy Gilbert goes after Petey with a gun 'cause he thinks Petey killed his chickens, and tries to shoot him in the loft of the barn? That was some funny, funny stuff right there.

Uh, no reason I bring that up in particular.

Sgt King
Charter Member
[ *  *  * ]
The biggest April Fool joke would be on YOU if you had watched Lawrence and than realized that it actually IS the overrated bore I and others have warned you about. Life is too valuable to spend 3 hours in that sand.
But 1996's best picture Oscar "The English Patient" is way worse. I'll never recover from the evening I drug my wife to that!

MovieMan
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Does Laughing Gravy realise that I'm British and that in my country anybody wishing to fool someone else after Midday ends up being the fool themselves? His comment was posted after Midday!

Stony Brooke da Mesquiteer
Member Avatar
Sapient Balconeer
[ *  *  * ]
A good joke and since I didn't read this until the 2nd, I was indisputably fooled.
It's like Rodney King used to say, "Can't we all get a bong."

MovieMan
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Apr 2 2018, 03:41 AM
A good joke and since I didn't read this until the 2nd, I was indisputably fooled.
You were one of the people that he claims to dislike.

Member Avatar
Sapient Balconeer
[ *  *  * ]
MovieMan
Apr 2 2018, 05:13 AM
Apr 2 2018, 03:41 AM
You were one of the people that he claims to dislike.
Gravy and I went to school together and grew up *clears throat* together during our formative years, so anything he posts about me needs to be taken with a pint of stout.

MovieMan, what's with the gormless posts?
It's like Rodney King used to say, "Can't we all get a bong."

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Serious Stuff · Next Topic »
Add Reply