Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to In The Balcony. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Plus, you'll be eligible for the monthly $1 million prize. (Not really.)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
3 Fantastic Supermen (1967)
Topic Started: Apr 26 2018, 06:28 AM (118 Views)
AndyFish
Member Avatar
Movie Watcha Foist Class
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Director: Gianfranco Parolini (as Frank Kramer)
Writers: Gianfranco Parolini (story) (as Frank Kramer), Marcello Coscia (screenplay) | 2 more credits
Stars: Tony Kendall, Brad Harris, Aldo Canti

Super muscley FBI Agent Brad recruits two red clad superhero types who seem intent on robbing the "US" treasury-- US in quotations because we're clearly in Italy for this whole movie, to aid him with their bulletproof suits and acrobatic abilities to rescue the very scientist who created the suits. Vile businessman Golem, who looks a little bit like Goldfinger, has opened a private school on the top of an island mountain and has taken said scientists invention to duplicate anything perfectly to build himself a gold and US cash reserve that rivals Fort Knox.

The scientist is needed so that Golem can duplicate humans, which up to this point has been flawed, causing the duplicates to occasionally disintegrate into precious metals at the worst possible time.

The Supermen all wear the same red outfits, Batman like utility belts and ridiculously short little capes that are bullet proof. One of the Supermen is mute who has all the performance charm of Mickey Dolenz and Jim Carrey at their worst, but despite this the guy is an incredible acrobat and some of the tremendous back flips he does into their vintage Ford Thunderbird are a marvel to see. As dopey and stupid as this movie is I'll take it anyday over the CGI nonsense they force on us now.

Made during the era of the Batman TV series there's camp aplenty and not much to take seriously but I enjoyed it-- and it's available for free to watch if you're an Amazon Prime member.

Forget the new Avengers film, and I can guarantee this was better than The Justice League; End of a Franchise and give this a chance. One of the more entertaining comic book movies I've seen in many years.
www.andytfish.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · From the Funny Pages · Next Topic »
Add Reply